[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest tillaz

i switched to this rom from recent miui (slow). i extracted some miui apps like the clock, however i can not install them. i put them into /system/apps but still can not install them. any idea?

most miui apps heavily reli on miui's framework... so most of them need ported, search google for "muiu apps ported xda" there are a few out there already

Guest Colossae3.23

@wrtease, have you ever tried pairing the G300 with Samsung Smart Hub, or Samsung Allshare, on a Samsung smart TV or a Home Cinema sys?

Thanks

PS: just wondering if this rom may actually help it connect (I know 4.0 has wifi direct, but it seems some people can't get it to work)

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest wrtease

no haven't got any of those .and am currently using another custom rom maple v3 and all is working fine.am using it at moment.real good.also baseband 2030 with choice of two kernals.stock or geno .am using geno and is working very good.

Edited by wrtease

Guest michal.siman

Hello to all,

i have problem with a Google Drive on this rom. I just flashed this rom two day ago, just installed gapps and after that my best alarm apps. But, now i want use Google Drive and this is not working :-( i tried restart, uninstal and install again, but Google Drive still not workink. Wit ES File Explorer works, but realy slowly! Can somebody help? Do somebody used Google Disk on this rom? Thanks.

EDIT: I just now thinking about HOSTS file, there is lots of records ... can be problem there? I will try delete records in this file ...

EDIT2: Ok, the problem is solved. Problem is hosts file (/system/etc). If i deleting all record in this file, i have now Google drive working and same services in ES File Manager is now quick as on other rom. I think, in chinas rom are diferent ip for the google sevices then we use from europe. I hope this help for somebody in future ...

Edited by michal.siman

Guest clauscdi

when trying to switch on the wifi my phone has blocked so I had to take off the battery and restart; has anyone experienced similar dis function using Galaxy S3 rom? when I installed this rom I did everything as suggested

• BOOT INTO CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY
  • SELECT WIPE DATA / FACTORY RESTET
  • ​SELECT WIPE CACHE PARTITION
  • SELECT MOUNTS AND STORAGE
  • SELECT FORMATE / SYSTEM
  • GO BACK TO THE MAIN MENU
  • SELECT INSTALL .ZIP FROM SDCARD
  • FIND AND SELECT THE ROM
  • WAIT FOR THE ROM TO INSTALL
  • BACK TO MAIN MENU AND REBOOT

Guest tillaz

when trying to switch on the wifi my phone has blocked so I had to take off the battery and restart; has anyone experienced similar dis function using Galaxy S3 rom? when I installed this rom I did everything as suggested

• BOOT INTO CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY
  • SELECT WIPE DATA / FACTORY RESTET
  • ​SELECT WIPE CACHE PARTITION
  • SELECT MOUNTS AND STORAGE
  • SELECT FORMATE / SYSTEM
  • GO BACK TO THE MAIN MENU
  • SELECT INSTALL .ZIP FROM SDCARD
  • FIND AND SELECT THE ROM
  • WAIT FOR THE ROM TO INSTALL
  • BACK TO MAIN MENU AND REBOOT

this is actually the way you install any custom ROM correctly with a full wipe..

unless the rom you are installing says not to do a full wipe :huh:

and that would cause big problems if you came from CM or MIUI

Guest wrtease

i would say you are right ,i dont no what has happened unless he was on a different rom.or some app blocks his wifi .never had any probs with wifi .

Guest bladebuddy

Just thought I would add this as it's quite a good rom.

I didn't flash the gapps zip. What I did was restore pretty much everything with Google in the name through titanium backup, until I could sign in to my account through settings/ accounts, then I signed in and finally restored the Google play app. After that I restored YouTube, opera mobile and mini and everything worked fine. The only problem was the stock browser being in Chinese as previously mentioned by another member. No biggy as I installed a different browser.

Just thought I would mention it as I didn't read anything about flashing gapps so knew no better. The results where good though so it might be worth a try for those having problems.

One of the better rom's to try though and a nice find so thanks from me.

Guest tillaz

i would say you are right ,i dont no what has happened unless he was on a different rom.or some app blocks his wifi .never had any probs with wifi .

i have heard people with this problem quite a lot (not on this rom) i think its related to the B940 base and B936 i think

maybe try using the RIL for your baseband, someone said it sorted there problem... worth a try

Guest Coffer52

I see a version 2.0 update for this ROM on the anzhi thread. I wonder if we can just flash it straight over this ROM? Trying to find the download link atm!

Found the link now downloading, fantastic Dolby Surround v1.5b is brilliant!

Edited by Coffer52

@Wrtease do you think you can post the link if you have time seeing as it was you who sourced it? Cheers

I have it downloading now. If you give me an hour I'll post a mirror.

Edit: make that 2 hours, lol, the download is crawling down very slowly.

Edited by Cyda