[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest Coffer52

Here's a mirror of the new update.

File: 20121005-U8818-S3-V2.0.zip

MD5: 57bed0628b7be7c0fb172e0e40ad629a

SHA-1: d58e71819d045a0f1d6c048e6f49d32dcd811c88

http://www.multiuplo...o.uk/Z34B5Q5T3H

Thank mate, sorry would have posted myself but been off line. OK, well I downloaded and flashed v2 over my current ROM v1.6 only wiped cache and dalvik. Up and running again, added some new Chinese apps trying to find English option for these! Dolby is superb, seems faster, browsing, booting, UI but could be just me!

Guest bryfly

Thank mate, sorry would have posted myself but been off line. OK, well I downloaded and flashed v2 over my current ROM v1.6 only wiped cache and dalvik. Up and running again, added some new Chinese apps trying to find English option for these! Dolby is superb, seems faster, browsing, booting, UI but could be just me!

Im currently using 1.6 and really like it so want to go to V2.0, i guess this is through CWM , normally when changing ROM I wipe everything and do a complete fresh install, having never flashed over an exsisting rom is there a different procedure to flash over current rom but retain all other stuff on the phone???

Sorted ......just flashed over without wiping dalvik or cache, seems fine....

Edited by bryfly

Guest bryfly

any improvements as im away.

This is from the web page re the update, only just installed but it seems snappier between screens, could be just me

V2.0 Update Description:

1. the Gallery into a fast map beautification;

2.Fixed a Alarm clock time lapse;

3. Home page changed to recognize the hao123 ï¼›

4.Settings page to adjust the " Quick restart " Icon;

5.SCheat rate finished -- Thanks yyc11

6. Details change, such as waiting for the icon, your default Contacts head;

7.Section Upgrade to the latest version of the software: full backup (first start FC After no Issue), picture in picture, such as Super Audio;

8. Read modified font for Samsung ï¼›

Guest Coffer52

hmm, getting a weird issue in messaging with v2. No contacts show up. Anyone else had this?

No not me, had a few problems with apps not running, re-installed gapps and signed in again to Google play store and all was well!!

Guest kyan31

@wrtease

Since this is a galaxy s3 lookalike rom, why don't you add the 'S-VOICE' feature into your rom. This is a actual port from the phone itself, Not a crappy clone. Here's the thread which is made by me:

Edited by kyan31

Guest wrtease

this is a rom that has not been touched or modified.its as found and provided purely for other users to use.and if they like it or not.just test or try it.choice is the users.I'm not updating anything but the links to any update provided by cyda and other members.and am currently using maple v3.0 .so enjoy.

Guest foobert

Did anybody else have difficulty flashing the 2.0 from scratch? Or was it just me? By difficulties, I mean that it will install ok, but the keyboard app throws a wobbly when it is required (blank screens and unresponsive Chinese buttons). Thus leaving you unable to sign in to an account or enter a wifi passkey.

I solved this by installing 1.6 first, logging in, and installing another keyboard, then I putting 2.0 over that. There was probably a simpler way (side loading - duh) but my brain didn't think of it.

Guest b4da55
Did anybody else have difficulty flashing the 2.0 from scratch? Or was it just me? By difficulties, I mean that it will install ok, but the keyboard app throws a wobbly when it is required (blank screens and unresponsive Chinese buttons). Thus leaving you unable to sign in to an account or enter a wifi passkey.

I solved this by installing 1.6 first, logging in, and installing another keyboard, then I putting 2.0 over that. There was probably a simpler way (side loading - duh) but my brain didn't think of it.

Any major differences in 2.0 and whats your opinion?

Guest timfimjim

I haven't gone from scratch, but next time you can try opening another ROM (like infusion or stock) and taking the keyboard from that ROM to put in this. Chinese ROMs always have a rubbish keyboard

Guest foobert

Any major differences in 2.0 and whats your opinion?

No major differences as far as I can see. It perhaps feels marginally snappier than 1.6 when scrolling. As for memory management, I couldn't say yet, as I've only been using it for an hour. However I am ill and bed-bound today, so I'm probably going to be fiddling with this thing for a while yet. I'll report back later, unless I get well soon!

I haven't encountered a need to fiddle with my hosts file, i.e. the YouTube app works.

I do still prefer this ROM to Infusion, despite Tillaz's great work on it. Mostly because it feels significantly faster even when not overclocked, and I prefer to add my own bells and whistles.

Oh, and why don't more launchers have drop shadows for icons, like touchwiz? It looks so much better in my opinion.

Guest foobert

I haven't gone from scratch, but next time you can try opening another ROM (like infusion or stock) and taking the keyboard from that ROM to put in this. Chinese ROMs always have a rubbish keyboard

Noted. In fact, I think that regular testers of weird and wonderful ROMs (like us) might do well to have a a keyboard apk lurking somewhere on their SD card, ready to sideload for such occasions.

Guest b4da55

Noted. In fact, I think that regular testers of weird and wonderful ROMs (like us) might do well to have a a keyboard apk lurking somewhere on their SD card, ready to sideload for such occasions.

I do

Ics keyboard apk

:D

Guest timfimjim

Strange, the messaging app behaves fine until I start deleting some of the Chinese apps. Very annoying, guna have to go back to 1.6. Shame as the new version seems quicker

Guest foobert

Strange, the messaging app behaves fine until I start deleting some of the Chinese apps. Very annoying, guna have to go back to 1.6. Shame as the new version seems quicker

For the benefit of others that may be about to try. It was the app called something like Antec and had an icon resembling a green satchel. I say this from memory so I'm probably not being particularly accurate. I had the same issue, but installed a 3rd party SMS app instead.

Guest timfimjim

Somehow I got it to work again.. Not really sure how. Somewhere between installing google apps and syncing with google it seems to have fixed itself. Weird.

Guest timfimjim

Can anyone find the changelog for the latest version of the S3 ROM

Yeah look back a page, it's posted there. Didn't seem too helpful to me though. I'd just flash it and see for yourself. Seems a bit quicker to me