[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest Rattonboy

Yeah look back a page, it's posted there. Didn't seem too helpful to me though. I'd just flash it and see for yourself. Seems a bit quicker to me

Ok thanks i haven't found a difference in performance though.

Guest timfimjim

Their isn't much in it for performance.have tested new update. i can only say its as good as v1.6 so its slightly smoother.

wrtease what do you think of this vs Maple3.0

Guest wrtease

its as good as s3 rom once you get all the chinese stuff off ,i rate this very close to the s3 rom ,am currently using it .just install the same as you do the s3 .it uses the aroma installer to install it ,i reckon you can do it if you try hard enough,

ps their is a update for the s3rom a small update i think 2.1 ..havent got the link sorry .

maple v3.0 is posted under another custom rom.pictures before and after with install pics,

Edited by wrtease

Guest bryfly
ps their is a update for the s3rom a small update i think 2.1 ..havent got the link sorry .

http://bbs.anzhi.com...693&typeid=8693

Doesnt mean much to me but Translated from chinese it says the following:-

The V2.1 update

9. the repair brush into the Google suite of signal bars changes back to default issue (note, like the blue signal bar you can extract systemUI.apk from V2.0 to replace, note that you want to change permissions)

2012.10.8-- The V2.1 update

2012.10.7OTA upgrade

Samsung top bar + correction default contact white lines when dialing

Doesnt mean much to me but Translated from chinese it says the following:-

The V2.1 update

9. the repair brush into the Google suite of signal bars changes back to default issue (note, like the blue signal bar you can extract systemUI.apk from V2.0 to replace, note that you want to change permissions)

2012.10.7OTA upgrade

You have to register and post to download from the link above. I have an account on that forum so managed to grab a working download link.

http://pan.baidu.com...6&uk=2298848745

Edited by Cyda

thank you cyda very much for the link .will put it up on first post thank you.

You're welcome. Just a heads up, the v2.1 links in the first post seem broken and don't point to the link above.

Edit: Viglink? Hmmmmmm.

Edited by Cyda

Guest wrtease

well have put them up for now maybe they will work .new links will come if posted ,im downloading at mo but is slow.all other users can try if they want too.then maybe well get it uploaded to solidfiles.

Edited by wrtease

well have put them up for now maybe they will work .new links will come if posted ,

Is it really necessary to link via viglink affiliate website? I can understand when developers do it to make a little funds but as we are simply sharing other peoples work it seems wrong to try to profit from someone elses files. Maybe it's just me.

well its wrong but they do it for some reason i dont no .anyway the links are working for the moment.thank you

lol, if it is wrong then why do it? Why not just post the links that were given to you? I posted the links to share with the community not for you to make money from.

I know it is frowned on in other forums but if you wish to do it then it is up to you. Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

Guest bryfly

The V2.1 update

2012.10.7OTA upgrade

From the above does anybody know what the update is for and is it worth updating?

From the above does anybody know what the update is for and is it worth updating?

From what I can make out it seems to just be some cosmetic changes to the status bar (systemui.apk). No other changes are listed specifically for this version.

Guest bryfly

From what I can make out it seems to just be some cosmetic changes to the status bar (systemui.apk). No other changes are listed specifically for this version.

Cheers, downloading but probably not worth updating if thats all it is...

well it does say something about update ota.

Yeah, looking at it there seems to have been an OTA containing an updated systemui.apk and a phone.apk. So reading between the lines it looks like you could do an OTA update and get the new files or download the full package as per the links above.

Edited by Cyda

Guest bryfly

Yeah, looking at it there seems to have been an OTA containing an updated systemui.apk and a phone.apk. So reading between the lines it looks like you could do an OTA update and get the new files or download the full package as per the links above.

Could you explain the ota update, on voda you found it in settings, how would we get that on this rom?

Not really sure, sorry. I am just trying to piece things together from a badly translated page. Is there any sort of OTA app such as the one tillaz uses in Infusion?

Guest shockdj

I really wanna try this rom. Can anyone tell me a dummy guide to remove all the Chinese stuff and install keyboards etc to make it functional? I'm sick of all the infusion probs and this seems the best rom. I'm currently using favaroo.

Guest bryfly

Not really sure, sorry. I am just trying to piece things together from a badly translated page. Is there any sort of OTA app such as the one tillaz uses in Infusion?

just downloaded "ota downloader", gives me "rom developer has not enabled support for ota updater, ask them to add it before using this app" so do not know unless there is something on the chinese site.....

Update:-

Go to this page and there is a ota zip after all the images have loaded, will need somebody with access to the chinese site to post a working link on this forum

2012.10.7OTA升级

三星顶栏+拨号时默认联系人白线修正zip.gifU8818-OTA-20121007.zip(2.69 MB, 下载次数: 50)

applied this ota update zip only difference i can see is wi fi symbol shows orange and blue arrows with direction of traffic, guess the update v 2.1 has this wrapped in it and is possiblly the only change in there?

Edited by bryfly