[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest fillwatertank

Blackhawkbruno: i try your stuff and will come back later with the experiences. can you drop some info about the changes? (memory management 4xmple)

Guest blackhawkbruno

This is a modified version 2.1

removed Chinese apk

put stock apps:HwIme,AllBackup,HwFileManager,TotemWeather..

root explorer2.2.1,root uninstaler,opera nextmini,power toogle,youtube,easy calc..etc

kernel 3.0.8-perf-00158-g222d0d1 ,(root access ON)..this kernel is best demonstrated with speed, stability and battery consumption.antutu score is about 3100-3250

free RAM there, mostly between 170 and 210 MB

mediaprofiles.xml is edited,video record 800x480(16fps recorded in an area with less light) ,jpg quality is excellent

in build.prop default language is Serbian, You can easily modify it with notepad + + in English before installation

ro.product.locale.language=sr

ro.product.locale.region=RS

to

ro.product.locale.language=en

ro.product.locale.region=US

sorry for bad English( Google Translate)

Edited by blackhawkbruno

Guest fillwatertank

i simply click setting icon, searching for an icon wich is a computer keyboard button with an 'A' letter on it (thats the language settings) and the first option is the language choosing. thats all.

Guest fillwatertank

Anyway when i stripped down this stuff (switching to holo launcher a remove a lot of stuff with titanium) free ram was 281Mb. so, if this stuff will be stable, im home :)

Guest Ludak021

Hi, I am using this ROM atm and I like it A LOT! :) My main issue is the dialer app. It is, to me, far behind the stock ICS dialer design wise and also, I can't use my operators codes, for instance *411# is supposed to give me feedback from operator about my account but this dialer removes the "#" and tries to make an actual phone call. ICS dialer does not do that. GO DIaler does not do that. This is the first one that I saw that can't do that.

How can I replace this dialer with stock ICS one? can someone make a zip for CWM or tell me how to do it? I don't really care for samsung looks, I am just looking for performance (or in this case, to replace the dialer app for stock ICS one)

thanks.

Guest timfimjim

If you look in the zip file for a while Cwm flashable stock is rom, you should find a dialer.apk. If you extract this app and put it on your sd card you should be able to access it on a file browser and just install it. I have not tried this though.. So make a nandroid backup first just in case.

Or if you want the safer easier option just download go dialer from play store

Guest Ludak021

If you look in the zip file for a while Cwm flashable stock is rom, you should find a dialer.apk. If you extract this app and put it on your sd card you should be able to access it on a file browser and just install it. I have not tried this though.. So make a nandroid backup first just in case.

Or if you want the safer easier option just download go dialer from play store

direct replace of phone.apk can't be done. I made flashable zip and replaced phone.apk with the one from ICS rom but no change. :S There probably is another file or apk that needs replacing not just the phone.apk. Any ideas?

I installed this ROM through CWM and when i did reboot it didn't pass the HUAWEI logo... did this happen with anyone?

Edited by fmgc13

Guest wrtease

s3 update information

V2.0 update instructions:

1. Comes Gallery replaced Fotomax Meihuaban;

Fixed an alarm clock dislocation;

Default home page changed hao123;

Settings page to adjust the "Quick Start" icon;

5.S memorandum finished - thank yyc11

Some detail changes, such as waiting for the icon, the default contact picture;

Part of the software upgrade to the latest version: full backup (first start will FC after no problem), the PIP Super Audio;

8 to change the default font to Samsung font;

V2.1 update

9. Repair brush into the Google suite signal bar change back to the default (Note, like blue signal bar can be extracted from V2.0 systemUI.apk replace Note that we have to change permissions)

V2.2 update

10. Authorized management update;

11 framework elements fine-tuning;

12. Increased the Samsung windmill dynamic wallpaper

Guest timfimjim

I installed this ROM through CWM and when i did reboot it didn't pass the HUAWEI logo... did this happen with anyone?

Depends on what ROM you came from.

At least, you should wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing this ROM. But to be safe, it's best to wipe data / factory reset too before flashing a new ROM