[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest timfimjim

direct replace of phone.apk can't be done. I made flashable zip and replaced phone.apk with the one from ICS rom but no change. :S There probably is another file or apk that needs replacing not just the phone.apk. Any ideas?

Yeah it'd be worth trying what fillwatertank said. But other than that, just use go Dialer - I'm sure you could get an apk from the internet and replace dialer with it if you really wanted - it just depends on what you actually want it for...?

Depends on what ROM you came from.

At least, you should wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing this ROM. But to be safe, it's best to wipe data / factory reset too before flashing a new ROM

I was using Infusion.. I wiped cache, dalvik chace and wipe data / factory reset..

Guest timfimjim

Ah. Download the zip again, then Try wiping those three again, then rebooting recovery, then flashing the rom and gapps, then wiping cache and dalvik again then reboot.

Ah. Download the zip again, then Try wiping those three again, then rebooting recovery, then flashing the rom and gapps, then wiping cache and dalvik again then reboot.

Ok i'll try that

Guest Ludak021

Yeah it'd be worth trying what fillwatertank said. But other than that, just use go Dialer - I'm sure you could get an apk from the internet and replace dialer with it if you really wanted - it just depends on what you actually want it for...?

I figured it out, sort of. Replacing phone.apk and contacts.apk (via CWM) kills those apps when phone is booted. When trying to start either of them I get "application not installed" for some odd reason. Anyway, I figured out how to change the skin on dialer so I did that. I wanted default ICS dialer skin (I like it very much) and I wanted to make things like *123# work. I haven't managed to do the later but at least I got the skin. I have GO contacts EX (includes GO Dialer) but I kind of don't like it for some reason. Maybe I will make a skin for it at some point.

Thanks everyone for suggestions! :)

Guest wrtease

when installing any rom or coming from another rom.

this is for most people who have problems .before you install a rom or laggyness

* make shure you have a working backup first. *

1.wipe factory

2.wipe cache

3.go to mounts and storage .

4.format system,format cache,format data.

5.go back to advanced

6.wipe dalvik ,wipe battery stats .

7.install rom

8.reboot.

9.enjoy

then when you have done this

go to main screen and give it 3mins then

press power button and restart and go to clockwork

then install ics gapps

then reboot into main screen and wait 3mins

then resart and go to clockwork

then install geno kernal

then reboot .

also set nofrills cpu to your overclock frequency to 320min to 1228max and except the default below settings

then press restart and reboot to let the overclock setting work.

thats you sorted.

Edited by wrtease

when installing any rom or coming from another rom.

this is for most people who have problems .before you install a rom or laggyness

* make shure you have a working backup first. *

1.wipe factory

2.wipe cache

3.go to mounts and storage .

4.format system,format cache,format data.

5.go back to advanced

6.wipe dalvik ,wipe battery stats .

7.install rom

8.reboot.

9.enjoy

then when you have done this

go to main screen and give it 3mins then

press power button and restart and go to clockwork

then install ics gapps

then reboot into main screen and wait 3mins

then resart and go to clockwork

then install geno kernal

then reboot .

also set nofrills cpu to your overclock frequency to 320min to 1228max and except the default below settings

then press restart and reboot to let the overclock setting work.

thats you sorted.

when I format system it gives me:

" E: format_volume failed to unmount "/system" "

" Error formatting /system "

Why did this happened?

Never mind.. solved it

Edited by fmgc13

Has anyone else had any random reboots? I've had a few since being on 2.2

Not sure if its more to do with the Huawei phone than which Rom you use, seems most people have reported a reboot at some time or another on various rom's........not noticed any with S3 v2.2 im using, but wifes phone was using Cyda's Rom and yesterday it rebooted itself, so switched her to S3 rom this morning , i'll keep an eye on both and let you know if it happens again......

Guest timfimjim

You've got r2d2 cos you tried the b944 version. Same happened to me haha. There are ways of changing the splash screen back, but let's get you up and running first.

Wipe data/ factory reset, then wipe cache, then wipe dalvik cache, then reboot recovery. Flash the ROM zip (don't unzip the ROM just leave it how it was when you downloaded it). Now try reboot and see if it works. Give it plenty of time, it will take a while.

Guest armin74

]I've tried all versions of S3, and 7 versions of gapps, but I cannot resolve my problem: No images in google play (only videos appears. No screenshots, no icons). Also if i use browsers to go to play.google.com, i have no images.

I've tried "maple" rom, same situation.

If i flash any rom which includes google play app, I have images.

Anyone else got this?

post-979194-0-88306800-1351669110_thumb.post-979194-0-16042800-1351669115_thumb.post-979194-0-31420700-1351669118_thumb.

Edited by armin74

Im running 2 phones, one with S3 and one with Maple, both phones do the same as your pics above , hasnt caused me a problem, like both Rom's, so i just ignore it....................

Guest Coffer52

Is it safe to delete all of the chinese apps? and if so what's the best way, Rom Toolbox pro?

Yes, use apps in the setup directory for some, for the others any root file reader go to system/app and delete them.