[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest chevychase

I've been using this ROM over the weekend and so far its very stable, fast o/c'd with omegamoon and with the 926 vendor app i have my toggles, everything works but there is one annoyance! the browser has been modified so the home page is the dev's and the general settings tab has been removed. i uninstalled the browser apk and replaced with one i extracted from stock ics rom but it closes when i try to open it. Does anyone have any ideas? if not i think i will move on to something else, it wont be long until someone comes up with an s3 theme to flash over. has anyone else come across any other apps that have been modified? is this rom trustworthy?

I've been using this ROM over the weekend and so far its very stable, fast o/c'd with omegamoon and with the 926 vendor app i have my toggles, everything works but there is one annoyance! the browser has been modified so the home page is the dev's and the general settings tab has been removed. i uninstalled the browser apk and replaced with one i extracted from stock ics rom but it closes when i try to open it. Does anyone have any ideas? if not i think i will move on to something else, it wont be long until someone comes up with an s3 theme to flash over. has anyone else come across any other apps that have been modified? is this rom trustworthy?

Strange .....been using this rom a few days now and my browser goes straight to google, not sure why the difference

Hi so you get google straight off from the go, if you bring up the settings from the menu is the first option general settings or privacy?

when opening from browser and go to settings i get privacy and security, go to advanced and there is an option to set search engine, mine is set to google.....

I have fixed the youtube issue. the only app that worked was root explorer from the market, it did lag. it took me 2 minutes to delete all the host lines. I tried several e.g. rom manager root explorer but that lagged then force closed. i used this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5zcGVlZHNvZnR3YXJlLnJvb3RleHBsb3JlciJd

Installed flash player and it worked!

Guest popoyaya

This is a fantastic ROM, quick, great battery and best of all Dolby Surround Sound. I had this on the ZTE Monte Carlo and really missed the quality of the sound when I moved to the G300. This ROM has it as standard and it works a treat. If you enjoy your music this is the ROM for you! Anyone know how to get the Chinese Apk for Dolby translated?

Have to disagree here. I tried a rom on the blade that had dolby surround and found it just mangled my music into an echoey mess. Nice to have the option though for those that want it.

Guest sandrogp

i have got HuaweiAllBackUp app installed without any problem .and ascend tools apk installed to.

Could you give a detailed explanation of the method (flashed through cwm or installed as ordinary apk) and the precise files (apk or zip and where downloaded from) you used for Huawei's AllBackUp? Edited by sandrogp

i just installed it as apk.the usual apk install method. and i used another ap called appsavour and ascendtools .so you can also do it with these aps.

Can you post ascend tools pls wrtease (maybe ask geno. Kolar)

Cheers

It completely lacks configuration. Of course it's quick.

Interesting comment.... i always thought configuration was about getting things to work better, due to it being configured to work better / more efficiently, if it is non configured as you say, does that imply if configured it would be even better????

Edited by bryfly

Interesting comment.... i always thought configuration was about getting things to work better, due to it being configured to work better / more efficiently, if it is non configured as you say, does that imply if configured it would be even better????

No, I mean there isn't an options menu to set up anything as you want. Of course it's faster than other launchers because it's stripped bare and basic. Fine if that setup is what you like, but no market launcher would survive the criticism deserved.

Configuration is there so that you can set it up how you want. An essential feature. This launcher is fast because it lacks that.

Fine if you can put up with that. For me it doesn't justify the cost. I'd rather control whether it stayed in memory, had the option to resize widgets, dock, number of icons, etc, etc, etc.