Overclocking Kernel for Gingerbread

Guest devee

I am assuming the 1 Ghz Kernel is just a stock kernel so that people can flash back without having to restore from backups. Haven't flashed it though to check that and have my own backups anyway.

The 1.3Ghz Kernel identifies itself as

2.6.38.6-perf

geno@Ligux #9

What are you using to set speed? I'm using ROM Toolbox and it recognises OC support in the kernel and allows overclocking. I can go higher than 1228 but testing for stability first. I'd suggest trying ROM Toolbox as that works for me,

yeah ok guessed 1ghz was to remove the oc if you wanted to.

but.. i'm not really happy installing some random kernel without being able even to read their notes.. has anyone checked this over? source?

I wouldn't be too happy if I had anything worth pinching off the phone :-) Not seen any sign of anything suspicious though.

It's a low budget niche phone. Unlikely there's anything particularly dodgy about it. I wouldn't install it on anything that had access to passwords controlling lots of money though.

AVG Android Virus scanner doesn't see a problem for what it's worth.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Hoggonator
What are you using to set speed? I'm using ROM Toolbox and it recognises OC support in the kernel and allows overclocking. I can go higher than 1228 but testing for stability first. I'd suggest trying ROM Toolbox as that works for me,

I used 'no thrills cpu control' I can choose 1228 but press apply and it say 1008 only

I used 'no thrills cpu control' I can choose 1228 but press apply and it say 1008 only

Strange. I am assuming you are rooted? Not sure if that would make a difference. Have you tried ROM Toolbox?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dellboy2012
wifi doesnt work any more

it says disconnected and always says obtaining ip address it worked before i flashed the oc kernel.

can some one kindly help plz :(

Delete your connection from the list in WiFi settings and restart your router. Then turn on WiFi on the phone. This should help.

Cheers!

Guest saiem1

Delete your connection from the list in WiFi settings and restart your router. Then turn on WiFi on the phone. This should help.

Cheers!

Did not work still says disabled and the disconnecte loop

Guest 0066ad

does any one have the wifi issue?

has any one found a solution?

Just downgraded to gb, I'll install this now to see if any wifi issue

No problem with wifi here, running smooth :D

Edited by 0066ad

• 3 months later...
Guest urmet77

Saiem try this

logcat showed that file (wpa_supplicant.conf) was allready in use cant start so just erased it and wifi started and connected. Try this it may work this was a solution to my problems on my device.

Edited by urmet77

• 1 month later...