[ROM] Glowing Liquid 1.5.2

Guest vache

Sorry I was unclear. I meant when the phone is switched off but charging. The back light stays on and shows the full charged battery icon. However when I tap the power button it shows the charging icon. When the backlight should turn off it returns to the full charge icon and the backlight stays on.

Sorry I was unclear. I meant when the phone is switched off but charging. The back light stays on and shows the full charged battery icon. However when I tap the power button it shows the charging icon. When the backlight should turn off it returns to the full charge icon and the backlight stays on.

+1

Guest lupohirp

hi vache i'm an experencied developer for android devices and i 've received a liquid glow and i want to build a custom kernel. which config you have selected for start compile?thnx:)

hi vache i'm an experencied developer for android devices and i 've received a liquid glow and i want to build a custom kernel. which config you have selected for start compile?thnx:)

Hi,

I used msm7627a-perf_defconfig.

Guest gand988

nice rom vache

automatic rotation of the screen lock also works after removing the automatic rotation.

and i don't see the debug icon in the corner of the screen.

these are the bugs?

sometimes google music crash if i try to open a shortcut with a playlist.

question : you release a version of jb for this phone? :D

thx and good job :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have some problems with this ROM , even though i have properly set APN it cannot connect to GPRS or 3G

The phone does not even display the small G/H sign on the signal bar to indicate DATA activation

Guest TheOmen187

I have some problems with this ROM , even though i have properly set APN it cannot connect to GPRS or 3G

The phone does not even display the small G/H sign on the signal bar to indicate DATA activation

Getting my 3g to connect takes like 5 to 10 min on my phone after waiting, the sign icon changes but not before that. Have you tried waiting a while?

Don't know about the GPRS, never used it and my phone is now back to stock rom for repair.

Guest goddeex

Hello today I managed to install you ROM, ok, version 1.5.2, by downloading one custom kernel on the net. Otherwise, it couldn't start, I got the message "fastboot mode".

Now I would like to make my own kernel (because I need USB OTG), so got the file with the kernel from acer, but in the file HOW_TO_BUILD.TXT, they say we must first get "device" and "vendor" folder from Qualcomm. Do you know where I can get that ?

Thanks,

Xavier Goddeeris

Guest lupohirp

You can skip this step. It's usefull only when building android, not when compiling kernel only.

problem is that after compile kernel....i've replaced the zImage and it doesn't work even with official acer sources. there's something wrong with some devices but ramdisk is the same of custom_kernel.zip (and that kernel works on all devices). vache did you have source of custom_kernel.zip? sources of your github doesn't worked :(

problem is that after compile kernel....i've replaced the zImage and it doesn't work even with official acer sources. there's something wrong with some devices but ramdisk is the same of custom_kernel.zip (and that kernel works on all devices). vache did you have source of custom_kernel.zip? sources of your github doesn't worked :(

Try this one : http://vache-android.com/Smartphones/Liquid%20Glow/ROMs/kernel_backup.tar.gz

I used Acer sources but fixed many errors.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bogy1980

i have 'error could not do normal boot, reverting to fastboot'

My original rom was v1.030.2_CUS2 (which should be on your ftp as CUS2_V1.030.2.ZIP); i'm having an EU device (i live in Belgium) and this isn't my first phone i'm flashing with custom a rom; have a wildfire and a galaxy ace too (both CM7)

Any solutions for this issue? (eg should i better install 1.5.0 and then upgrade to 1.5.2 or something like that?)

I guess the kernel updates are already present in 1.5.2 so doing them apart won't help?

edit: it seems i cannot use the 'original' upgrade_acer.zip which is contained in CUS2_V1.030.2.ZIP to revert my phone back to original settings; it's saying this:

archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'

archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'

error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

anyone advice now?

consider problem solved after flashing GL 1.5.2 again (so flashed same rom 2x) and then it booted when i removed any sd cards..

Edited by Bogy1980

Guest MrVanes

Vache (or anyone knowledgable): I'm hitting the storage ceiling often on this device and I was wondering if creating an ext partition to store apps on my SD would help on this ROM. And if so, do I need to make it bigger than the original storage size (replace), or are they combined together in some way?

I know apps can be moved to SD, but I've moved them all, and it's still crowded. It's especially chrome browser that bugs me with it's 50Mb install size.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest neptunel

Hello everybody, I am a new member in this forum, and I really need to root this rom. I have tried to download, but it has been removed.

Please I need the files to install the glowing liquide in my terminal, because i have read that is a wonderful job and that works better than stock.

I hope someone could help me, because this is the only way i can find to get better my phone.

:( :( :( :(