T-Mobile UK quietly removes data speed caps

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Despite long claiming that they don't cap the data speeds for their UK customers, T-Mobile have quietly started the process of removing said caps!

First reported to us by MoDaCo member @DanielMeah earlier this week, we've now seen the benefits for ourselves - and the speeds look pretty darn good (see screenshot below).

It appears as though some subscribers are still being capped - suggesting the change is rolling out in stages - but as one of the lucky ones, I'm glad to say that my already great experiences with T-Mobile UK as a customer just got a whole lot better. Note that I am on a super-cheap plan not a 'full monty' plan...!

How are your speeds looking? Let us know in the comments!

tmospeedtestresult.png

Click here to view the item

Guest unrandomsam

Tmobile mobile data is probably the worst. (They have a transparent proxy of some sort that breaks most binaries.) Only way to get it to work properly for e.g downloading a Linux iso is to do it over scp from a machine you also control (I guess HTTPS is also safe). Pictures are awful from a tablet tethered.

Guest Daniel Meah

Tmobile mobile data is probably the worst. (They have a transparent proxy of some sort that breaks most binaries.) Only way to get it to work properly for e.g downloading a Linux iso is to do it over scp from a machine you also control (I guess HTTPS is also safe). Pictures are awful from a tablet tethered.

All networks use a transparent Proxy. just some are well hidden. even three uses one.. You can disable the compression side of the proxy by using http://accelerator.t-mobile.co.uk/ and choosing original image quality.

Three's hidden proxy

http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca208a-14237-8215d2f2-9d77-4281-8266

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.