Why hasnt this phone had more attention?

Guest Uppy

I bought this phone for my dad and we're both pretty impressed by it, its lightning fast and looks quite pretty. The modaco review says the screen was rubbery and unresponsive but we've never had that problem, in fact the screen feels less "sticky" than my Sensation XE. So why hasnt this got the attention that the Blade had?

I've seen no custom ROMs, no neat mods and the Grand X forums are all but dead, why?

On a similar note can anyone tell me how to turn on the backlight behind the capacitive buttons at the bottom? I think my dad wants them on all the time (except when the phones asleep obviously) Is there a way?

Cheers guys.

Guest WiiSky70

Becuse the Skate/OMC is the 2nd most popular here , and only runs the old 2.3 Gingerbread and the ZTE Grand X runs the

stock ICS and a possible firmware upgrade will be available to that device which is Jelly Bean (4.1.1)

So , the phones who need attention right now is the ZTE Blade/Crescent and the ZTE Skate/Racer.

I see your point, my dad also has a skate and th reason I got him the grand x was so he could play the higher end games. The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about is that Gameloft games such as N.O.V.A 3 and Brothers in Arms aren't compatible with it.

i think most people know that the zte era is just around the corner with much better specs for an extra £50+

also a few people were pissed of with zte downgrading the specs for the uk version, and taking way to long to release the phone

knowing 3 month later they will release a quad core version that has way better specs is kind of off putting i would imagine

http://www.techrj.com/2012/09/zte-grand-era-u985-china-release/ (European version is v985)

I did not know that they downgraded it. I knew the UK launch was a complete farce, even the guys at my local virgin media outlet didnt know they were even getting a phone called the Grand X. Having said that, most phone sales people dont know their butts from their elbows. One guy in my local Phones4U tried to sell me a Wave Y claiming it ran on Android and was faster than my Sensation XE....seriously.

Is the Era different to the ZTE Warp Sequent? cos that also looks like a nice little phone.

I did not know that they downgraded it. I knew the UK launch was a complete farce, even the guys at my local virgin media outlet didnt know they were even getting a phone called the Grand X. Having said that, most phone sales people dont know their butts from their elbows. One guy in my local Phones4U tried to sell me a Wave Y claiming it ran on Android and was faster than my Sensation XE....seriously.

Is the Era different to the ZTE Warp Sequent? cos that also looks like a nice little phone.

the grand x in china has an 8mp camera capable of 1080p

1.2ghz CPU

1GB RAM

yeah, the era has much better specs than the ZTE Warp Sequent

stand out features of the zte era

• 720p retina display 4.5 inch
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1.5Ghz quad core tegra 3 (4+1 energy saving core)
  • 12 core GPU
  • 2000mAh battery

Guest WiiSky70

the grand x in china has an 8mp camera capable of 1080p

1.2ghz CPU

1GB RAM

yeah, the era has much better specs than the ZTE Warp Sequent

stand out features of the zte era

• 720p retina display 4.5 inch
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1.5Ghz quad core tegra 3 (4+1 energy saving core)
  • 12 core GPU
  • 2000mAh battery

WOW , 12 cores ? 2000mAH battery O_O?

Jesus apocalypse , ZTE is going to rape some good companies out there

Guest hugobosslives

WOW , 12 cores ? 2000mAH battery O_O?

Jesus apocalypse , ZTE is going to rape some good companies out there

mate, no offense but you clearly don't understand gpu cores (CUDA etc). Although 12 is a lot for mobile. High end desktop geforce cards have over 1000 graphic cores.

My point is don't get excited by the number.