A week without Twitter and with Google+

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Next week. starting Monday, i'm going to be trying an experiment. I'm going to be giving up Twitter and instead posting to, and consuming from, Google+.

Why? It's simply a case of seeing both what the experience is like participating on Google+, but also to see how much I rely on Twitter for getting my daily fix of news and conversation! Of course i'll be reporting my thoughts here. :)

Making the switch for a week (or until such time as I can bear to be without Twitter no more?) does mean leaving behind my ~30,000 followers... so if that includes you and you'd like to keep up with me on Google+ - this is me.

Click here to view the item

Good. I use Twitter because some of the people I follow aren't on G+. If they'll move to G+, I would gladly stop using Twitter, especially after they modified the rules (again).

Guest nickcornaglia

I tried Google+ (twice) and personally could not get any momentum on it because I really didnt have many family members nor friends using it. Those that I did know who tried it out (like yourself, Mono, nedge, etc) didn't use it enough for me to keep up with it daily.

I wanted to like it. I really did. I like the features. I am pro-twitter/anti-facebook, and Google+ seemed to be the best of both for me. But without anyone to interact with...I was just playing by myself. I began to get Google Buzz flashbacks!

Good Luck!

PS.

I have not read nor posted in such a long time. Love the new (to me) look of the site and the way the front page news comments finally work with the forum. Long time coming and it looks great! Looking forward to easing back into the MoDaCo world!

Edited by nickcornaglia

Guest PaulOBrien

Here's my thoughts so far...

https://plus.google.com/102638599682937145086/posts/hNCWpfy4ATv

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.