#askmodaco - the HTC One X+

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

HTC have just announced the One X+, and we've been fortunate enough to have had some exclusive hands on time with the new device and have spoken to members of the testing team at length. So... any questions?

Ask as anything you'd like to know about the new device in the comments below and we'll do our best to either answer them directly, or to get answers for you from our sources. :)

Click here to view the item

Guest PaulOBrien

Sense 4+ as I saw it did not have quick settings (if you mean in the notification pull down). AFAIK also no OTG out of the box, but i'll check with my sources.

P

Guest Superfrag

Why does this model exist? :(

I wish they would put more energy into supporting the One X for one full year, and releasing a new model 1 year later. (Like Samsung and Apple)

Guest le_lutin

Why does this model exist?

Because they realised that their flagship wasn't able to compete with the very best in the market.

Though I do see your point about HTC releasing too many phones. I am glad they did though in this case as I wouldn't buy the HTC One X because of the limited storage and bad battery life. I would, however, buy the X+.

Guest PaulOBrien

I am happy with either, you get more 'real estate' with capacitive buttons.

I think the had to do the One X+, the One X didn't really cut it from a battery life perspective more than anything else.

P

Guest Gonzo99

Really really wish they'd made this decision back when the One X was released, rather than coming up with that crud about 'customers want thinness over battery life'.

Any chance that the battery might retrofit the One X - seems its the same form factor but is it any thicker?

The battery is the one thing causing problems with the original One X for me - it sucks harder than a big sucky thing, if you'll excuse the technicalities. The speed is more than enough, and the screen is the best out there by far (excepting the issues I had on my first 3!)

I'd love to see HTC offer a battery retrofit option (even at a cost) to their existing customers, but sadly I don't think companies care that much about their customers any more.

If/when I upgrade in 12 months this may be an obvious choice, but the whole bootloader / warranty issue is becoming a show stopper for me. Seems like HTC want the 'hackers' and 'fiddlers' to go elsewhere...

Guest PaulOBrien

Will there be a 32gb option at a cheaper price point? We all want more storage, but 64gb? :)

Flash is so cheap, I don't suppose it'll make a huge amount of difference, I imagine the 32GB / 64GB differentation will be for carriers and all SIM free units will be 64GB.

P

Guest owilsky

OK,

- still not a changable battery?

- still no micro-sd slot?

Oh how I hate the plastic box of my SGS3, I miss the quality of my HTC Desire. I'd like to buy HTC but they don't want me as a customer...

Guest somemadcaaant

Paul, long time no see - can you find out if the video fps has been "officially fixed" to a consistent 30fps with the HOX+?

Cheers in advance.

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, long time no see - can you find out if the video fps has been "officially fixed" to a consistent 30fps with the HOX+?

Cheers in advance.

Yup, will ask! :)

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.