Phone near bricked, help needed

Guest Ereptor

Guest Ereptor

Okay, but just to make sure: are we talking about the ICS upgrade downgrade toolkit B927? The UPDATE.app is only 56 byte, which doesn't look too good in my opinion.

Never mind, it's the vendor files, not the rom itself. But where can I get the different versions then? The only one I know is the official Huawei one, which I downloaded from their site.

Edited by Ereptor

Guest Ereptor

Okay, I'll try the downgrade method, maybe it will repartition everything and stuff.

Edit:

It stops at 2/3 of the bar. It really looks like the eMMC was fried, but for some reason the test don't suggest it at all. Weird...

Edited by Ereptor

Guest Ereptor

I'd love to try tillaz's redirector, do you have a link for that?

Never mind that, I really think that the eMMC is corrupted, even though the test completes just fine. Every update stalls at the same exact point, I guess that's where the script is trying to access the cache partition. My friend is coming over today anyways, so we'll just take our chance and go to the costumer support, maybe they won't notice that the boot screen is chinese and CWM is installed... slim chances, but that's the last thing I can think of. That, or I'll have to lend him the money to buy a new phone. Lesson learned, lesson learned indeed.

Edited by Ereptor

Never mind that, I really think that the eMMC is corrupted, even though the test completes just fine. Every update stalls at the same exact point, I guess that's where the script is trying to access the cache partition. My friend is coming over today anyways, so we'll just take our chance and go to the costumer support, maybe they won't notice that the boot screen is chinese and CWM is installed... slim chances, but that's the last thing I can think of. That, or I'll have to lend him the money to buy a new phone. Lesson learned, lesson learned indeed.

It doesn't seem like it was your fault, the phone is just faulty. Though you probably will have a bit of trouble convincing your friend!

Guest tcpaulh

<snip>

i could give you a script that converts the cache to the sdcard or RAM at boot.

</snip>

Guest Ereptor

Well, the guy who we talked to didn't catch that the bootscreen was different, so he sent it to be repaired without any problem. I'll be sure to tell you guys how the things work out, but we might just make it *fingers crossed*.

Guest waynepyrah

watching this with interest as I'm having exactly the same issue!!!!

by the sounds of it we followed the same guide :(

I got the phone saturday and its been fine since then when it rebooted today randomly and then stuck on the splash screen, one weird thing is that last night when I Plugged it into charge it booted straight into recovery.

really hoping this isn't bricked as its literally a few days old and my first 'cheap' phone :angry2:

Guest waynepyrah

FYI I tried this guide http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Guide-How-to-root-and-install-Android-4-0-3-on-Huawei-Ascend/ba-p/5781620

I went to b934

trying force back to b926 stops 1/3 of way

reinstalling b934 zip file straight from recovery fails well stops around 90% :((

unsure of the adb stuff as not up on that yet but open to suggestions

Guest waynepyrah

Cheers certainly interested in hearing what caused it, mine has just gone back but won't hear anything on mine as its just a catalogue company. Keeping this new one on gingerbread lol - have installed a halo launcher so it looks and feels more like ics

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ereptor

Hi guys. Just got the word back from shop that repairs it. Since they aren't completely idiots they figured out that the phone was reflashed, so the phone's warranty is devoid. They said that they need to replace a main part of the phone (they didn't specify what, even if I asked), which would cost half the price of the phone itself.

Don't take this for granted though, as I said it's a pretty little shop that's in charge of repairing Huawei phones in my country, so I'm pretty sure they just want to squeeze out as much money as they can out of the situation. That being said, the hardware failure is pretty much assured, so probably no luck for you guys either.

Guest Hogweed

It's a linux system at heart and can still boot linux. All other partitions seem to be intact. In theory it really should be possible to fix this even if that meant repartitioning the phone to avoid bad memory locations if indeed there is an actual hardware fault as opposed to a simple corrupt partition.

I'm dubious about a hardware fault that somehow only ever breaks the cache partition leaving all other partitions intact. Smells of a software bug to me but can't be certain of that.

Edited by Hogweed

• 1 year later...
Guest nosucherror

Same problem here, I sent it to the Huawei repair centre in Norwich, UK and they promptly sent it back unfixed with a note saying I had invalidated the warranty and the phone had sustained physical damage due to third party software being present on the phone (now brick). I then tried to put in a complaint and got the call centre run around until I gave up even doing that. £100 for a phone that lasted one year and two months.

• 9 months later...
Guest TonyHeng

Hi !
I have the same problem, just the bootsplash appear and I try force flash but stops at 2/3 :(
Adb doesn't work
I try to flash a new rom, wipe complet,
It didn't work :'(
Help me please !