[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest viper_79

the only bummer for me so far... the home key! there is quite a bit of a lag for anything to happen after pressing it. used to be instantaneous on the HOX and this lag is driving me nuts!! say if u go into the app drawer from the home screen, then pressing the back button gets u back instantly, while there's a lag of a few milliseconds when pressing the home button. same if u want to come back to the home screen from any other app.

if anybody knows a solution pls be kind enough to direct me towards it...

[the brightness is an issue as well... night and day difference between the HOX and the Note 2... intergalactic distance when comparing the brightness and whites of the Note 2 to my Xperia P, which btw also has a 4th white sub pixel]

[ Edit: as for the brightness, just in case someone wants to suggest turning auto brightness off etc... i've been using smartphones starting with the Treo 600 over 10 yrs ago, so have done and tried everything under the sun :-) ]

Edited by viper_79

Guest viper_79

hehehe.... just found a solution for the home key bug... just go into s voice by double pressing home key > menu > settings > uncheck "open via home key"... done!

Guest WinterIsComing

hehehe.... just found a solution for the home key bug... just go into s voice by double pressing home key > menu > settings > uncheck "open via home key"... done!

lol yeah well..not really a bug..the launcher waits for a second press of the home key in case the user wants to launch s-voice..and when not received..it executes the one-press function. There should have been a setting for the double-click speed the ways we have in windows! :D

Guest WinterIsComing

I JUST NOW purchased the beast!!! for 37,500 [GREY ONE - Looks much much better than the white one]

for mumbai users..i strolled around the Fort area for a while after office, and the best price i got was 36,900 with stock arriving tomorrow, and worst was 41000 (yup, 41!!) in some shady shop close to VT! Croma quoted 38k..

Edited by WinterIsComing

So, after playing around the GN2 for a few days here are a few things I have "noted":

1. The top part of the phone gets warm.. quite warm, if you are using 3G/GPRS services.

2. Screen is flawless and the sharpness is amazing for videos.. youtube.

3. All said and done the handset is big. I have to now get a bluetooth headset for this.

4. S-Voice works really well, better than Google Now.

5. Multi-windows is great but not very useful if you don't have that kind of multi-tasking needs.

6. In more than one occasion noted the battery usage was better with power saving off.. weird.

7. Noise cancellation in call is superb.

Will add more later :)

Edited by j89

Guest Aditya_e

I thought the grey will be out of stock, but the white is. EBay sellers only selling Grey. Still not getting a good deal under 36K. As soon as I get one For 36K, I will buy.

Guest AdityaKar

4. S-Voice works really well, better than Google Now.

That is good to know. I'm already very impressed with Google Now and my impression after watching S-Voice on early GS3 was that it's totally useless. This phone has both so it's even better!

That is good to know. I'm already very impressed with Google Now and my impression after watching S-Voice on early GS3 was that it's totally useless. This phone has both so it's even better!

Appointments .. alarms are all better with S-voice.. also supports bluetooth.

New Bluetooth headset ordered to go with GN2. Having long conversations on the phone is pretty difficult BTW, it also feels warm in the ear if you are constantly on 3G/data.

Edited by j89

New Bluetooth headset ordered to go with GN2. Having long conversations on the phone is pretty difficult BTW, it also feels warm in the ear if you are constantly on 3G/data.

which brand and price for bluetooth headset..?

Guest chaitanya87

Finally got my phone today from ebay. I have only one word for this "AWESOME".

They provided a bluetooth headset also which is nice and packing was good. Mine was white color btw.

I called the seller and asked him what is the thing with these delays and high prices?

They said samsung india is not providing handsets to us(dealers) as the price will be decreased soon if they release them in bulk. They blame Samsung India like anything and majority of the handsets that were about to be shipped to mumbai,noida and new delhi areas were being diverted to south side as they are willing to pay any price. So thats the reason our north friends still dont have stock in the last week

Guest AdityaKar

Any idea when the stocks will come in??

I m in Delhi btw..anyone aware of d stock at 36,900 max plz post & help..Tia

I'm eagerly waiting for an update from Deepak. If it's available in Noida today, I'm willing to drive down there tonight even though I'm still in office in Gurgaon.

Guest Deepak2011

I'm eagerly waiting for an update from Deepak. If it's available in Noida today, I'm willing to drive down there tonight even though I'm still in office in Gurgaon.

no dude its still not available today cool sardarji is saying that it will definitely available tomorrow. SgN2 is not available at any shop in noida. HUH :angry2:

Guest sumeshd

no dude its still not available today cool sardarji is saying that it will definitely available tomorrow. SgN2 is not available at any shop in noida. HUH :angry2:

Very sad situation..Samsung is now playing games with customers..

Guest sumeshd

People just thrash @Samsung_India on their Twitter..tell them they are being mean by not providing stock of #Galaxynote2 to dealers for getting more money..

I have sent them many tweets and request u all to do the same please..dnt forget to mention #note2 or #GALAXYnote2 in ur tweets..

Also do the same on Samsung mobile India page on fb..

Plz..

Guest WinterIsComing

Flipkart reduces price by 1000, now available for 38900/- with 2-4 days shipping.

Its been listed at 38500 on ebay for days now..by a seller called zoominshop..

Guest WinterIsComing

And i mentioned this a few pages back..its listed for 37k on the hdfc bank smart buy website..it also mentions the seller..i called him up and he has both colors in stock at 37000..so u dont really need an hdfc card for that. Just walk in.

Sorry thats mumbai..i hope u will get some good deal in delhi soon too.

People just thrash @Samsung_India on their Twitter..tell them they are being mean by not providing stock of #Galaxynote2 to dealers for getting more money..

I have sent them many tweets and request u all to do the same please..dnt forget to mention #note2 or #GALAXYnote2 in ur tweets..

Also do the same on Samsung mobile India page on fb..

Plz..

Stock is very much there. Are you guys going to proper samsung franchise?

I purchased it yesterday and both colors were available. I took the grey one :D

Guest sumeshd

Stock is very much there. Are you guys going to proper samsung franchise?

I purchased it yesterday and both colors were available. I took the grey one :D

Which city??which dealer??

How much u bought it for??

The thing is Samsung smartphone cafes have stock but they are quoting 38000+

None of the local dealers have stock and all are saying that the distributer are not providing stock..they were quoting 36,900 when the stocks were there but now with no stocks coming they either dnt have phone or are quoting 38k+

None of the local dealers have stock and all are saying that the distributer are not providing stock..they were quoting 36,900 when the stocks were there but now with no stocks coming they either dnt have phone or are quoting 38k+

Delhi.. Shankar road.. 37500..

Finally got my phone today from ebay. I have only one word for this "AWESOME".

They provided a bluetooth headset also which is nice and packing was good. Mine was white color btw.

I called the seller and asked him what is the thing with these delays and high prices?

They said samsung india is not providing handsets to us(dealers) as the price will be decreased soon if they release them in bulk. They blame Samsung India like anything and majority of the handsets that were about to be shipped to mumbai,noida and new delhi areas were being diverted to south side as they are willing to pay any price. So thats the reason our north friends still dont have stock in the last week

Hey u were in pune, did you have to pay any octroi in pune!! thats the reason i did not purchase from Ebay, Another thing does any one have any idea, about screen recorder function i liked it very much, but no one is bothered by its absence it seems!!

Man Get it at 38500 thats the right price, u will wait forever if u expect it 36500