[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest chaitanya87

Finally. That's good news. There is plenty of stocks moving in Bangalore. How's the headset.. never been a fan of those.

Yhe headset came with the phone is genuine one but the others are not able to listen my voice, I have to speak louder with this. I will sell this and buy a good one around 5k.

And one more thing the phone is not big while talking normally in public.

Guest chaitanya87

Hey guys have you tried to remove the microsim? Mine was stucked and saw a youtube video that for SIII its easy to remove the microsim for them.

Hey guys have you tried to remove the microsim? Mine was stucked and saw a youtube video that for SIII its easy to remove the microsim for them.

Yes I did that a few times since the first microsim I received was faulty. You just need to push it and it will come out.

Guest ithehappy

Okay guys officially joining the Note II club. It was purchased yesterday, from D.P.Electronics for Rs.39,000. When I said people got it for 37/38k he just didn't believe it and said 'impossible'. Well after drowning for hours in rain I had no desire to argue. <br />Anyway, I'm loving it. Lot of queries are there, but later. The only thing which is badly bothering me is the length of the charger. Damn it! Did they expect one will sit over the power source or what

Edited by ithehappy

Guest JulyDerek

Okay guys officially joining the Note II club. It was purchased yesterday, from D.P.Electronics for Rs.39,000. When I said people got it for 37/38k he just didn't believe it and said 'impossible'. Well after drowning for hours in rain I had no desire to argue. <br />Anyway, I'm loving it. Lot of queries are there, but later. The only thing which is badly bothering me is the length of the charger. Damn it! Did they expect one will sit over the power source or what

Just buy a longer micro USB to USB cord. I think it should work fine with your charger.

It's completely my personal opinion. But I really don't see a point in buying a beautiful phone with a gorgeous screen and then killing the charm of both using sleeves and scratch guards.

No matter how good a scratch guard, it will affect the screen clarity and increase the reflectivity. And it'll be no match to the Gorilla glass when it comes to scratch resistance. So the scratch guard will itself end up getting scratches in a few weeks and will hamper the screen clarity further.

And sleeves cover up the entire back and side of the phone. The whole faux brushed metal look will go hidden. Not to mention the added thickness.

The original flip flap cover is only as far as I would go for protecting the phone.

Well... have you seen the note2 with a good quality scratch guard? there is pretty much no difference in screen clarity with the guard i am using neither is there any difference in reflectivity; the store I bought it from he recommends using one also, his own personal phone has one. When asked, he did say that there were few cases of S3's with scratches, whatever the reason; even in forums you can hear that Gorilla Glass does scratch but then your milage will vary. See this for example: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/579703-so-much-scratch-resistant-gorilla-glass-2-a.html

In the US tons of people don't use these things, because they have insurance. We don't. Samsung warranty does not accept scratches either, try that sometime.

The way I see it If the scratch guard gets scratched you remove it and use another one, they are anyways so cheap. The whole idea of a scratch guard is that there is one less thing to worry about.

Perhaps the way we use our phones are different, I don't like to baby my phones much and it goes to places where I don't have to worry about them scratched. With the back case, I dont worry about the surface I keep it on and when it gets really warm because of 3G it doesn't effect me so much either and of course the phone is less slippery.

My 2 cents.

The bigger point is would you really want to fret about a scratch on the back or the front of a phone you paid a whole lot of money for? I know my answer, what's yours?

Edited by j89

Guest ithehappy

Just buy a longer micro USB to USB cord. I think it should work fine with your charger.

You know a location?

Guys have you installed Swype? Is there any final version? Don't really wanna install the beta one. And another thing, I heard that the led notification indicator could change colour but I can't find any option to do that!

You know a location?

Guys have you installed Swype? Is there any final version? Don't really wanna install the beta one. And another thing, I heard that the led notification indicator could change colour but I can't find any option to do that!

ebay if you want it shipped or any local mobile phone accessories shop. There are tons of data cables for Nokia etc. available which should work.

The LED indicator can change color but not directly. Try an app "Lightflow lite" from the Play Store. You can do a lot more than just changing colors. It's pretty amazing; you can notifications with sound and LED for every kind of event not just the built in ones. It's a bit buggy and not all colors come out fine but nevertheless try it out.

Guest ithehappy

ebay if you want it shipped or any local mobile phone accessories shop. There are tons of data cables for Nokia etc. available which should work.

The LED indicator can change color but not directly. Try an app "Lightflow lite" from the Play Store. You can do a lot more than just changing colors. It's pretty amazing; you can notifications with sound and LED for every kind of event not just the built in ones. It's a bit buggy and not all colors come out fine but nevertheless try it out.

I will mate. Thanks a lot.

One thing l must mention about this device is the GPS. It's amazingly FAST. Getting locks within some seconds. I am quite confident that it's not only the Glon glass technology but a much powerful hardware. Whatever, I'm amazed. Been using these top end nonsense for almost a decade now, never had a fast GPS unit like this.

Guest Deepak2011

I don't mind getting it for 37 even..many shops quoted me the price of 36.9 but the problem now is Samsung not giving them stock..

Let's see what Monday brings..gonna hunt down all over Delhi for d beast..

Even today galaxy note 2 not available at any shop in noida. Guys from NCR please help will buy SGN @ 37K.

Guest AdityaKar

The bigger point is would you really want to fret about a scratch on the back or the front of a phone you paid a whole lot of money for? I know my answer, what's yours?

Well I really wouldn't mind a scratch or two on the back of the phone. It'll still look a lot better than putting an ugly cover around it.

The way I see it, when I bought a new car, I didn't put steel defenders around it. Sure, I paid a whole lot of money for it but I want it to look good, especially when its new. Taxi drivers almost always put those around their cars because they know how they drive. But I love my car and I know all of us here love our phones. I'm sure I'll be able to keep it almost as good as new without any cover. :)

PS: My Nexus One is now over 2.5 years old. Always used it without any cover. And till date, it's got just 4-5 scratches on the back.

Guest chaitanya87

Am loving it. Next to it, my Note 1 looks jaded !!

Running the Nova Launcher to get 5x5 icons. Accessories non at the moment. Just using my Note 1 leather sleeve as there aren't any for the Note 2. Checked on eBay and there is one but stupidly they have no hole for the speaker. Waiting for a good leather pouch for it.

I have a vehicle dock for my Note 1 which will work with the Note 2.

My Homescreens (using the stock launcher)

Screenshot_2012-10-12-09-00-08.png

Screenshot_2012-10-12-12-28-56.png

How to get those rounded widgets?

Guest Deepak2011

ok folks its all samsung faults as there is no stock available of note 2, dealers are selling it in black market for Rs 42K plus and saying there is no conformity for the stock of note 2. Even samsung store is not having any stock.

Edited by Deepak2011

ok folks its all samsung faults as there is no stock available of note 2, dealers are selling it in black market for Rs 42K plus and saying there is no conformity for the stock of note 2. Even samsung store is not having any stock.

Why not just buy it online? Flipkart is selling @38900, ebay you can find it cheaper. No?

Well I really wouldn't mind a scratch or two on the back of the phone. It'll still look a lot better than putting an ugly cover around it.

The way I see it, when I bought a new car, I didn't put steel defenders around it. Sure, I paid a whole lot of money for it but I want it to look good, especially when its new. Taxi drivers almost always put those around their cars because they know how they drive. But I love my car and I know all of us here love our phones. I'm sure I'll be able to keep it almost as good as new without any cover.

PS: My Nexus One is now over 2.5 years old. Always used it without any cover. And till date, it's got just 4-5 scratches on the back.

Lol. okay, this is getting interesting. Let's continue heh.

First, you are assuming it looks ugly; it doesn't. If one looks ugly, there are plenty that don't. However, that said for me the Note2 is about functionality not really about the fact that it's got a hyper-glazed back. If I wanted an amazing looking phone I would have bought a VERTU studded with diamonds heh.

Now, about the car theory. Again, there are plenty of bumper guards available that make your car look better, while giving you an extra bit of protection. Second assumption is that taxi drivers are putting those things because they don't drive carefully; what happens when other drivers bump into them? Bumper guards are there to protect your car from nicks and scratches not necessarily made by you. There are plenty of people who don't use these things, that's fair. But, when these things work, they do. I have a car with ABS and airbags not because I don't how to stop or break but it gives you that bit of extra protection.

The whole point is again adding these things is about giving your product an extra layer of protection just like insurance for your car. You may drive well but accidents happen. Murphy's law always applies.

All said, this is my first phone, which has a scratch guard or a case even. All my existing phones never did; I ended up passing them, or letting them die. But, my last phone took a lot of knocks for me to realize I was being stupid. Of course, it's still alive as I write this but bruised.

Guest Deepak2011

Why not just buy it online? Flipkart is selling @38900, ebay you can find it cheaper. No?

it took 7 working days to delievered note2. i think that in 7 days it will be around 35k.

it took 7 working days to delievered note2. i think that in 7 days it will be around 35k.

Flipkart delivery is 2-4 days for N2. I have ordered plenty of products from Flipkart and they usually in the least time they say like 2 days. You can also call them/mail them to expedite your order.

Guest AdityaKar

Not sure about 35k. But the local dealers will definitely get stock by next week. And you've already got 36.3k price committed by cool sardarji. So let's wait it out another week.

Guest AdityaKar

Lol. okay, this is getting interesting. Let's continue heh.

First, you are assuming it looks ugly; it doesn't. If one looks ugly, there are plenty that don't. However, that said for me the Note2 is about functionality not really about the fact that it's got a hyper-glazed back. If I wanted an amazing looking phone I would have bought a VERTU studded with diamonds heh.

Now, about the car theory. Again, there are plenty of bumper guards available that make your car look better, while giving you an extra bit of protection. Second assumption is that taxi drivers are putting those things because they don't drive carefully; what happens when other drivers bump into them? Bumper guards are there to protect your car from nicks and scratches not necessarily made by you. There are plenty of people who don't use these things, that's fair. But, when these things work, they do. I have a car with ABS and airbags not because I don't how to stop or break but it gives you that bit of extra protection.

The whole point is again adding these things is about giving your product an extra layer of protection just like insurance for your car. You may drive well but accidents happen. Murphy's law always applies.

All said, this is my first phone, which has a scratch guard or a case even. All my existing phones never did; I ended up passing them, or letting them die. But, my last phone took a lot of knocks for me to realize I was being stupid. Of course, it's still alive as I write this but bruised.

Haha.. Yeah we did touch on an interesting topic. Let's start a separate thread about this in a non-device specific section. I would enjoy continuing on this discussion.

Guest Deepak2011

Not sure about 35k. But the local dealers will definitely get stock by next week. And you've already got 36.3k price committed by cool sardarji. So let's wait it out another week.

yeah thinking the same thing yaar. lets see on monday again.

Guest WinterIsComing

Welcome myself to the Note 2 club!! :-D

Got it for 37.2 after bargaining.

So basically the distributors are giving it to the retailers at 36.9. Two retailers independently gave me this info, can't be a coincidence. One of them actually showed me the receipt for his stock from the distributor. He quoted 37.5. I wanted to go with the HDFC seller but he didn't have stock till Monday or Tuesday. So i bargained with the earlier guy and got it for 37.2!!

And man..is this an awesome device! Never knew I'll fall in love with such a huge fone so quickly :-P

Will test and update the battery life after 1 or 2 cycles. Oh, and yeah, not using any "protection" right now! ;-)

This guy offered me an original Samsung screenguard for 300, but I decided to wait and see if u need it.

Edited by WinterIsComing

Welcome myself to the Note 2 club!! :-D

Got it for 37.2 after bargaining.

So basically the distributors are giving it to the retailers at 36.9. Two retailers independently gave me this info, can't be a coincidence. One of them actually showed me the receipt for his stock from the distributor. He quoted 37.5. I wanted to go with the HDFC seller but he didn't have stock till Monday or Tuesday. So i bargained with the earlier guy and got it for 37.2!!

And man..is this an awesome device! Never knew I'll fall in love with such a huge fone so quickly :-P

Will test and update the battery life after 1 or 2 cycles. Oh, and yeah, not using any "protection" right now! ;-)

This guy offered me an original Samsung screenguard for 300, but I decided to wait and see if u need it.

Not using protection heh. Good that you did not buy what was offered because I don't think Samsung makes scratch guards and specifically not for a phone where their manual recommends not putting one.

The price is pretty good for the phone. I had paid 37k so this is quite close.

So welcome to the club. Keep us posted on your progress.

Edited by j89