Update on ICS from Vodafone and Huawei

Guest buddn07

Guest buddn07

I Just had the following message from Huawei UK come up in my Facebook feed:

"As part of our commitment to our customers who have decided to become one of the first Huawei Device owners in the UK, we are working to ensure that all handsets we offer are high quality. We are currently reviewing the ICS upgrade closely with Vodafone for the Ascend G 300 and we are working to address this as soon as possible. We would like to assure everyone that an ICS upgrade is currently undergoing thorough testing and we will be advising when this is available for download. We’re sorry we can’t be more specific, but we have been monitoring and logging all of your comments here and thank you for your feedback; it isn’t going unnoticed."

See post here:

https://www.facebook.com/huaweideviceuk

Guest jsevi83

How many times they said the same? I wouldn't be surprised if they release B936 in more than a month with the same old bugs... I hope to be wrong.

Guest b4da55

I think they were gonna release the substandard version they've fobbed off everyone else with but wasn't expecting the backlash that come with it so withdrew it. Hopefully they come back with something better.

Guest Davidoff59

popoyaya, Vodafone have stated they are working on resolving a few bugs. I dont think they would risk the backlash and public outcry by doing that.

Guest popoyaya

Let's hope for a pleasant surprise. But when every other country got a buggy ICS with no HWA why would they single out the UK for special treatment? Let's see...

Guest rale_ts

I'm not from UK but I just wroth them on their Facebook UK page to remand them to fully functional ICS ROM is with working HWA UI :)

I think we should write to them as much as possible to get their attention, as they stated that they carefully listen :D

Guest MrPuddington

I Just had the following message from Huawei UK come up in my Facebook feed:

"As part of our commitment to our customers who have decided to become one of the first Huawei Device owners in the UK, we are working to ensure that all handsets we offer are high quality. We are currently reviewing the ICS upgrade closely with Vodafone for the Ascend G 300 and we are working to address this as soon as possible. We would like to assure everyone that an ICS upgrade is currently undergoing thorough testing and we will be advising when this is available for download. We’re sorry we can’t be more specific, but we have been monitoring and logging all of your comments here and thank you for your feedback; it isn’t going unnoticed."

See post here:

https://www.facebook.../huaweideviceuk

Well, testing is not good enough. ICS has serious engineering issues, and any idiot can see that after a day of use. So it requires thorough engineering, not thorough testing.

Guest Hoggonator

Well, testing is not good enough. ICS has serious engineering issues, and any idiot can see that after a day of use. So it requires thorough engineering, not thorough testing.

Testing throws up defects, defects are assessed and then fixed appropriately - one would hope they (Huawei) will follow a standard industry approach (Q lot of responses "they obviously do not") to software testing and regression testing after the feedback they have had especially if they want take up of other products in the future.

I am just taking a chill pill, Gingerbread works fine on the phone for me and I will go to official ICS when it comes out and other people have bashed it around for a week and proclaim it OK.

Edited by Hoggonator

Guest MrPuddington
Testing throws up defects, defects are assessed and then fixed appropriately - one would hope they (Huawei) will follow a standard industry approach (Q lot of responses "they obviously do not") to software testing and regression testing after the feedback they have had especially if they want take up of other products in the future.

I know, I have done that myself. But if it feels sluggish, does not manage RAM correctly, and is generally a bit crap, testing is not going to point you in the right direction. My guess is that they have meddled to much with the internals of Android, but I guess we have to wait for CM9 before we will find out.

Guest sillygoose0

They can test all they like. The 940 version on here works fantastically for me, no bloat, no Vodaphone customisation or apps, just plain ICS. Phone is unlocked and on O2. So my heartfelt thanks to Vodaphone for subsidising a really good phone for me so cheap!... and bye bye! its been good, but don't call us, see you around, ta.

Guest MrPuddington
Makes you wonder if there should just be tested core designs and they should lock features off to produce the lower models.

Yes, especially all the sync processes really eat up a lot of memory. But Google is not interested in low end devices - they have that market cornered anyway. Google wants to compete on the mid range with WP8 and the high end with the iPhone.