Holding out for the Note II LTE?

Guest Rob.P

I'm due an upgrade v.soon and the Note 2 is definitely going to be the replacement to my DesireHD but I'm thinking of holding out for the LTE version, purely because I'm going to be stuck on a 24mth contract and thought it would be better to get a phone packed with as much tech as I can conceivably get.

Who else is holding out or doesn't really see the need for LTE version just yet?

Guest sumeshd
I'm due an upgrade v.soon and the Note 2 is definitely going to be the replacement to my DesireHD but I'm thinking of holding out for the LTE version, purely because I'm going to be stuck on a 24mth contract and thought it would be better to get a phone packed with as much tech as I can conceivably get.

Who else is holding out or doesn't really see the need for LTE version just yet?

If LTE is available in your region you should ofcourse wait for LTE version..with the same quad core processor u would regret not waiting for LTE..

Ri8 now there is confusion between 7100 and 7105 and which is LTE & which is 3g version..but imho wait for LTE

• 2 weeks later...

I'm oozing jealously right now ;-) I'm literally counting days until I hit the earliest upgrade day I'm allowed (despite T-Mob phoning me with loads of offers of sub par phones to upgrade early). Do you live near any of the LTE areas being rolled out?

Sorry, my last question was aimed more at the folks in the UK where LTE is only just being rolled out and only in certain cities/towns to start with. I live next door to Southampton so I will get to use the LTE speeds occasionally (although Southampton will be rolled out slightly behind the other cities/towns on the EE list from what I have read).

Guest JulyDerek

Sorry, my last question was aimed more at the folks in the UK where LTE is only just being rolled out and only in certain cities/towns to start with. I live next door to Southampton so I will get to use the LTE speeds occasionally (although Southampton will be rolled out slightly behind the other cities/towns on the EE list from what I have read).

I think UK is getting the LTE model by default.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on the LTE version in the end as the new EE 4G network is charging a premium for the service and a killer price for the phone itself, ended up rocking down to Phones4U and got the phone free and £50 for my troubles to be moved to the Orange network (was on T-Mobile).

The only downside to my happy moment is the screen has picked a minor scratch already (I honestly have no idea how, 2yrs with my last phone and no screen protector and it looks as good as new, 5mins with the new one :-( ).