[Q] Auto-brightness doesn't work.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I picked up a San Diego last weekend to replace my G300. Owned a San Francisco before that. Will be posting my early thoughts shortly, but in the meantime, I wondered whether this is a fault with the phone.

Essentially, the auto-brightness feature doesn't appear to be working. Under Settings --> Display --> Brightness I can use the sliding scale to adjust the screen ok, but ticking the auto brightness box just leaves the screen at whatever setting it was on at the time. The brightness never adjusts regardless of standing in a dark room or holding it under a bright light.

Does it sound like a knackered sensor?

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have been using the phone for a week and have never seen the screen change brightness automatically.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

That's what I'm thinking. Just wanted to check it isn't a known issue or possible software fault. I don't have anything exotic installed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jehannum

Are you on Orange's Gingerbread? I had the same, but when I flashed to the Xolo rom, it worked fine.

HTH,

J.

Edited by Jehannum

Guest BlueMoonRising

Are you on Orange's Gingerbread? I had the same, but when I flashed to the Xolo rom, it worked fine.

HTH,

J.

Auto brightness didnt work on my first OSD on GB, I got the second one just as Xolo ICS came out and it works perfectly. I never checked the second one out on GB.