ICS App Compatibility Improved!

Just looking through market and apps which are not compatible with x86 when on gingerbread are now compatible on ICS.

For a start, my gta 3 purchase is now downloadable, my max payne purchase is now visible, world of goo an Armv7 app ?

Even nova 3 is there for me to purchase :D

Just testing now....

world of goo works

Edited by Guest

Asphalt 7 compatible too,

even my mini motor racing purchase is now downloadable :D

riptide too,

bad piggies HD (I know some of you where speaking of this game not long ago)

minecraft works,

It seems intel have done some work to make x86 compatible with Armv7.

Yep certainly Armv7 compatible now I have installed so many apps that are Armv7 now.

Edited by Guest

What about the BBC's new Media Player app? That work on ICS?

Downloading now...

Ok it is compatible but I cannot finish download, package file error message ?

Edited by Guest

Guest punjabi

Iplayer works fine from market

That's brilliant, if BBC iplayer is working directly from the market then I'm updating right now! :P

How's the quality of the video stream, I'm hoping for an improvment!

Does anybody know if Cytus runs on the San Diego ICS or fancies testing it for me? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayark.Cytus.full&hl=en

:D

It is downloading now, since it is compatible, I can only assume it will work, be back soon with confirmation....

Yep works fine, don't have a clue how to play it lol, but it loads up and works.

Oh ok think I see the aim of the game, to touch the circles when the line is in centre, yeah works fine, no lags etc.

Edited by Guest

Guest dangerbizzla

As a recent updatee ;)

I can confirm that;

Adult swim,

Netflix,

Bbc iplayer now all work.

Also one of the prettiest games out there Dead Trigger runs beautifully (for the first level atleast which is all I played)

Guest sbenrap

Downloading temple run now....

Yes temple run is working too

Google Play still says it's incompatible with my device, how did you get it to install?

Edited by sbenrap

Guest sbenrap

You have upgraded to ICS?

Indeed I did (World Of Goo + Swords & Soldiers from the Humble Bundle are working, as well as Dead Space which used to crash after downloading the data file)

I can see Temple Run: Brave (but I'm pretty sure that was always there, Disney apps were working on Gingerbread too).

Also, I cannot download Asphalt 6 either... :(

Does it take time for Google Play to 'register' I am running ICS or something (I don't think it's a regional thing since I had it on my old Nexus S, plus it seems odd that they will deny me access to my already purchased items).

Edited by sbenrap

Guest sbenrap

Well, I just installed Chrome fine, so Play definitely knows I have ICS running (as it is not possible to download Chrome from Google Play using Gingerbread as far as I know).

Is the original (free) Temple Run available to the rest of you directly from Google Play?

Guest sbenrap

Yes, Temple Run: Brave was always available. I downloaded it on my GB equipped SD. That said I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

So I understand you can simply see the Gameloft games and the original Temple Run on the Google Play store by a simple search?

I guess this is some kind of region (network provider?) block of some sort... infuriating

Wow well I'm impressed. They actually managed to fix the ARM translation engine then :D

Sure looks like it, I am amazed at how many Arm apps work now, this was one of the main draw backs of this device, the other of course being root obviously lol.

Edit: anyone not seeing apps, try wiping market app data and rebooting, those apps mentioned are available now for this device, all are downloaded and played fine on my device.

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

Sure looks like it, I am amazed at how many Arm apps work now, this was one of the main draw backs of this device, the other of course being root obviously lol.

Edit: anyone not seeing apps, try wiping market app data and rebooting, those apps mentioned are available now for this device, all are downloaded and played fine on my device.

Good advice.

Guest sbenrap

Good advice.

Wiped and uninstalled whatever I could find with "Google Play" on it and rebooted, no dice, Temple Run is not available to me :(

When I browse Google Play website on my desktop computer it is also claimed as incompatible...

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT! I did a refresh on the page and now it's available :), installed and plays great. WOOOO :)

EDIT2: Asphalt 6 still not available, but at least 7 is there (good sign for other Gameloft games? I know Asphalt 6 was demoed on the Intel reference design, you can see it clearly on YouTube)

Edited by sbenrap