ICS App Compatibility Improved!

Guest Simon O

Sorry for that but you can play all gameloft game that nice.

But

Nba 2k13 app while open it just flash and goes away

Did you install the GPU mod/fix from the San Diego tools? I have found myself that the Gameloft games aren't happy with this new lib. I had problems myself with Asphalt 7 closing itself each time it is opened.

Also, changing the subject slightly, I have been looking at ways of improving the game compatibility of our phones and I'm not sure that changing the GPU libs is the right way of doing things. A lib from another device (such as the Motorola Razr i) may work for some apps but it's causing issues with others - probably due to mismatching with existing libs on the device perhaps.

By the way.. has anybody tried Paper Monsters on the San Diego phone? And does anybody else have any games that close as soon as you open them? I'm trying to compile a list so I can test games on my device as I think I have a solution.

Guest BlueMoonRising

By the way.. has anybody tried Paper Monsters on the San Diego phone? And does anybody else have any games that close as soon as you open them? I'm trying to compile a list so I can test games on my device as I think I have a solution.

I tried Dolphin browser plus the Jetpack extension which closes immediately. It seems to be the Jetpack extension causing the problem. I'm presuming it's linked to the same problem that some games are facing.

I have been looking at ways of improving the game compatibility of our phones and I'm not sure that changing the GPU libs is the right way of doing things. A lib from another device (such as the Motorola Razr i) may work for some apps but it's causing issues with others - probably due to mismatching with existing libs on the device perhaps.

I hope you are successful flibblesan, vice city would be nice only it is white screen and back to home after intro :(

Do you have any ideas I can play with ?

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

I haven't had a chance to do too much today but so far this is what I've worked out:

Using the stock libGLv2 lib from the Xolo ROM (no difference from the Orange ROM) allows Gameloft games to work without crashing back to the launcher. However GTA3 gives a blank screen after the intro.

Replacing the lib with the Motorola RAZR I lib (from rickys AIO tool) allows GTA3 to work, but prevents Gameloft games from working.

Paper Monsters is one game I found that refuses to work with either GPU libs. For this I found that updating libhoudini allowed this to function properly on any GPU libs.

I did try upgrading GPU libs with new Xolo debug files but as they are debug they run a lot slower than normal. And it's noticeable :(

One last thing I'll try is using the Motorola RAZR I libhoudini to see if that helps.

Libhoudini, yes see that a few times in logcat. Rickywyatt mentioned it could be the problem too, something to do with arm translation.

The thing is, Rickywyatt has the razr-i which also crashes on games like vice city, so the Libhoudini may make no difference but, anything is worth a shot. I have razr-i pull on my desktop, I will have a play around too.

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Right I tested Dolphin Jetpack and it works fine with the newer houdini. So I'll attach this here:

houdini.zip

This will stop Dolphin Jetpack and Paper Monsters from crashing on startup. Possibly other apps too.

Inside the zip is a readme with the shell commands to push the files & set permissions. Read it :D

Also reboot the phone once you have done this.

The GPU libs from the ROM I obtained this from are debug so they run too slow to be any use. houdini is supplied by Intel in binary form so they aren't debug code. They run as fast as they should do.

I'm still no closer to working out the best way to get GTA3, GTA vice city working. I think really we need an OTA update from Xolo that updates the GPU libs & houdini.

Maybe one of you can work it out :D

jikobutsu: I was afraid that GTA could be difficult to resolve. New GPU lib works for GTA3 but it causes problems elsewhere. I think for now the best option is to leave the GPU libs alone but update houdini.

Whilst I'm at it.. I found hacked Market apps on XDA which bypass device checks. They allow all apps and all games to show up without having to make changes to build.prop. Certainly worth playing with http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1580827

Already have it done from the razri pull on desktop, same, still no vice city, white screen after intro movies.

It is something to do with x86 cpu maybe as there are supported devices with same powervr gpu for vice city.

The game gpu fix also makes chrome crash alot, like every few minutes, and full screen flash videos are black.

Also worth noting, gta3 worked on gingerbread, maybe ics update broke something?

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

The game gpu fix also makes chrome crash alot, like every few minutes, and full screen flash videos are black.

Thats why I don't use the GPU fix.. it caused problems elsewhere and I need Chrome to work. It looked like it was making other GPU libs crash. I tried replacing the lot but it stopped the phone from booting because the RAZR I libs are linked differently. Managed to fix it though.

I bet Intel/Borqs/whoever just messed something up when doing ICS. No doubt we will see another OTA update for ICS soon before we get Jelly Bean. Which is looking at being the first part of next year now if the RAZR I dates are anything to go on.

Yeah I would think so. Things have gone very quite over at xolo, hopefully though, jellybean irons out any problems with arm translation if that is the problem, I am not too sure it is as arm translation is working perfectly as far as I can see, every Armv7 app works so far for me.

Only the two gta apps are problem, maybe it is way the game is built, who knows?

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Found a way to get BIT.TRIP BEAT working. The game was ported from iOS to Android using Apportable and the problem is with the ARM7A libs provided inside the game APK file. To get the game working with the Humble Bundle version just delete the lib/arm-v7a folder from inside the apk then install as normal. For the market version you'll need to pull the apk file from /data/app/ and make the modifications before re-installing.

For obvious reasons I cannot share the modified apk.

(interesting to note that more recent Apportable games don't have an arm-v7a libs folder)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mickael

Hello

Can anyone use a working call blocker on Orange San Diego ?

I test lot of free apps but don't block unknown call .

I test firewall to but not work to .

So if you used Call blacker and/or Firewall please tell me the name :mellow:

Guest i am not a hacker

When someone calls you, you can answer, and hold down the red button to add them to the black list which blocks them. Google add to blacklist android.

Guest mickael

But for unknow coming call with no number how to blacklist ?

And i don't find this option, i have on my Cyanogen ROM on my Defy but i can't find in Xolo ICS ROM .

I would not like to block call with number but without number

Thanks

Guest BlueMoonRising

But for unknow coming call with no number how to blacklist ?

And i don't find this option, i have on my Cyanogen ROM on my Defy but i can't find in Xolo ICS ROM .

I would not like to block call with number but without number

Thanks

https://play.google....rnumber.blocker works perfectly. Install then call from your landline (only necessary if you don't have an unknown number already on your call log) with 141 at the start of your mobile number. It'll allow the first call, then use the app, touch to the right of the unknown number and choose 'block'. You wont even hear the phone ring although it will appear in your call log. I would change the settings to just drop the call rather than send a text since it may be a scam call that costs you money to send it.

You can choose to block numbers and/or texts but don't forget that Orange s balance texts are from an unknown number and presumably it would block them. You'll have to try that yourself.

And it's free. :)

Edit :- BTW, that Google search is amazing isn't it? You have heard of Google search? <_<

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Visham25

To add to compatibility, I am happy to say that modern combat 4 plays flawlessly on the osd :)

I know you are all going to say it is not out yet and that is correct, officially it has not been released but, leaks happen and I am sure someone will be getting fired/sued over it, for obvious reasons I cannot provide links :( google is your friend.

I installed Modern Combat 4 and i keep gettin FC!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...