[GUIDE] Applying ICS Xolo Update from Orange ROM directly (for NOOBS)

Guest i am not a hacker

Guest BlueMoonRising

Quick Question,: If i use this Update XOLO ICS i currently have Orange ICS

This simply updates my phone with tweaks, e.g the orange will be blue? but will it remove the crappy apps? thank you

It will replace the "crappy" Orange apps with fewer Xolo "crappy" apps. And yes, the orange bits will be blue.

Guest markhuges

It will replace the "crappy" Orange apps with fewer Xolo "crappy" apps. And yes, the orange bits will be blue.

Thanks, and last few questions: Will it replace Social Gallery or remove it?

and im guessing it will keep my current settings and apps? right

Thank You

Guest markhuges

All settings and apps kept but social gallery is still there.

Oh ok, Ummm. : :wacko: What do you think i should do? and on a scale of 1 - 10 easiest to hardest --- Considering, i am a complete noob and have no idea in anything

Should i put this method or should i use the AIO toots and use that thiny Fibbelsan : Mod: Stock Andriod 4.0.4 Xolo ICS

Thank You P.s What Set up are you using?

Thanks

Guest i am not a hacker

I am using the method that I used and nothing else at all. No AIO Tool or anything to do with that. That is the safest option

Guest BlueMoonRising

Oh ok, Ummm. : :wacko: What do you think i should do? and on a scale of 1 - 10 easiest to hardest --- Considering, i am a complete noob and have no idea in anything

Should i put this method or should i use the AIO toots and use that thiny Fibbelsan : Mod: Stock Andriod 4.0.4 Xolo ICS

Thank You P.s What Set up are you using?

Thanks

If you're that much of a noob you might be better of sticking with unrooted Orange ICS, Jelly Bean could be out sometime soon and it'll be easier for you to just upgrade OTA. If you do want to remove some apps then if I was you I would root Orange, download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5qcnVtbXkubGliZXJ0eS50b29sYm94Il0. and remove the unnecessary apps.

Guest markhuges

I am using the method that I used and nothing else at all. No AIO Tool or anything to do with that. That is the safest option

If you're that much of a noob you might be better of sticking with unrooted Orange ICS, Jelly Bean could be out sometime soon and it'll be easier for you to just upgrade OTA. If you do want to remove some apps then if I was you I would root Orange, download https://play.google....S50b29sYm94Il0. and remove the unnecessary apps.

Thank You :) Both of you! I think i will wait, Until Febuary if JB dosent come out then i will follow I am not hacker method and put the Xolo ICS

Thank You :)!

Guest markhuges

Realised i wont have much time later, so going to put XOLO now :)

Edit : My Life Sucks :( the link is not working for me? is it just me or is the link dead?

Edited by markhuges

Guest geoff1951

Seems that the Xolo site is off air...

Lets hope it's something to do with the current tech show in Las Vegas, where all new stuff is being launched.

Guest markhuges

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!1 THANK YOU THANK YOU Soo Much!!! :):):):) It worked!!!

It is amazing!!! Nice and Blue!! and fast! no more orange!!! :):) Woohoooo

Thank You !!! Very Much!

Guest topcat07

If you're that much of a noob you might be better of sticking with unrooted Orange ICS, Jelly Bean could be out sometime soon and it'll be easier for you to just upgrade OTA. If you do want to remove some apps then if I was you I would root Orange, download https://play.google....S50b29sYm94Il0. and remove the unnecessary apps.

mega noob questions coming up :blush:

what would be the advantage of rooting to XOLO if you can use that tool to remove the bloatware apps? also can XOLO be updated OTA once it has been loaded?

lastly what is this about chargeable texts id you change to XOLO?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zakariahassen

hi i don't get this "Move the update.zip to the root of your SD card on your phone" what is the root of sdcard is it a folder ?? or just any folder ??

Guest BlueMoonRising

hi i don't get this "Move the update.zip to the root of your SD card on your phone" what is the root of sdcard is it a folder ?? or just any folder ??

It means your usb storage on the phone, the lowest level equivalent to C:\ on your PC

• 3 weeks later...

iv managed to apply this update, now how do i apply the stock (debranding) and how do i root, ? when i run adbinsecure.apk i never seem to get a superuser request, just an error saying superuser access required but cant be aqquired)

any help on debranding and rooting from the ics xolo rom downloaded via link at top.....

Guest BlueMoonRising

iv managed to apply this update, now how do i apply the stock (debranding) and how do i root, ? when i run adbinsecure.apk i never seem to get a superuser request, just an error saying superuser access required but cant be aqquired)

any help on debranding and rooting from the ics xolo rom downloaded via link at top.....

Once you've installed the Xolo update.zip then you need to root before doing anything else. My previous advice did point this out as does the manual that you downloaded on your computer.

• 3 months later...
Guest madcow66

I cant find the orange update zip anywhere on the forum or searching through google, can someone send me a link?

Edit: found it, here: https://www.dropbox.... ICS Update.zip

I'm a little confused. The above file is 271.19 MB but the one that rickywyatt posted (in this thread) is 299.18 MB. Which one should I apply to a new OSD?

Also, sorry for the newbie question, but can I confirm that the update should be applied before using the AIO tool to root the device?