How To root your San Diego

Guest benichou

Guest benichou

too bad for the sd card, maybe a true android modder can help us. i will try to search on the internet :)

@Darkvicious ok, je vais réessayer alors, et je lis aussi pc inpact :)

Guest MrJabbah

Can I just check guys.... The process you guys are on about with the busy box binaries and all that, does that mean we'll have a more 'stable' and 'complete' root process without the flashing screen, etc?

What flashing screen?

Just used Rootcheck, its confirmed my device is rooted with no flashy screen.

I assume you are on ICS and not gingerbread ?

Do not even think it works on gingerbread anyway, so scrap that question.

Strange how everyone else has screen flashing, but you did not, I love android it is one big complex puzzle :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

lol, would of been better giving that to us as storage space, what a waste ay.

Just for a more visual joke vz58yY1liRYCAAFZfy6F4BF5syZM7uzPMVdEiioktM1FywyZ9asmR1lyd4KQEHV7KZJYJFZM2dMrC+O9wIJyvrU9qnDQV6UmzRQUMS2vAEhmBZqJggU5NXLqEIIRvrr8IAcL26dWQrkTp8OJKIDTcVYQd7kUHZMzYWoCw90UGSHBYhhcFxSYmxEiK8BLEBAQadp7hIU4GyiAQ86cCDzS6mpSfHDAxkLAAC0X1cVifZAbAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Not a waste. The Play Store downloads files to /cache before installing so a larger cache allows you to download and install larger apps. There are some games that are several hundred MBs large.

Guest razzmataz1478

Not a waste. The Play Store downloads files to /cache before installing so a larger cache allows you to download and install larger apps. There are some games that are several hundred MBs large.

But then what about phones with a 40mb cache e.g. my Skate. Downloads big apps fine. Doesn't it just overflow to /data or /mnt/sdcard ?

Guest Simon O

But then what about phones with a 40mb cache e.g. my Skate. Downloads big apps fine. Doesn't it just overflow to /data or /mnt/sdcard ?

Yes it downloads it somewhere else.

Guest Ribs85

@Flibblesan, any ideas on what is blocking sd card, or is it as rickywyatt suggested, it is blocked at kernel level ?

dmesg from a root terminal might shed some light on it... but be prepared to do a lot of reading...

Yeah lol lots of reading, Adb logcat would be nicer though, we would get much more info if we could boot with it running.

Na cannot see nothing with dmesg, just a reference to usb storage being used.

I am sure there was a video with intel using sd card, but then again it was most likely not a production line device, so would have had unlocked bootloader, and everything working I guess. But why drop the sd card ?

Wait.....found a kernal command line with sdcard in it, not to good at reading these things, but it might be something.(line 108 on pastebin)

Kernel command line: init=/init pci=noearly console=logk0 earlyprintk=nologger loglevel=4 hsu_dma=7 kmemleak=off androidboot.bootmedia=sdcard androidboot.hardware=mfld_pr2 emmc_ipanic.ipanic_part_number=6 androidboot.wakesrc=05 androidboot.mode=main

<6>

Entire Dmesg: http://pastebin.com/WAJHgkHm

Edited by Guest

Guest stephen m

Just used Rootcheck, its confirmed my device is rooted with no flashy screen.

So just to confirm. The root process detailed above leaves a flashing screen on some but not all. And is safe!