How To root your San Diego

Guest benichou

Just found this line in build.prop,"ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard"

Surely not that simple lol, only one way to find out =nosdcard to =sdcard and see what happens, as some of us know,

build.prop tweaks can change things just by adding or altering a line so it could work.

Also, it does not have to be something hard to enable because they did not expect us to get in with root, so a simple build.prop tweak would be enough, knowing we had no way to edit it unless rooted. Anyway enough theory, Gonna give it a go.

Edit: Thought it was to easy to be true, no sd card ;) As ricky & flibblesan are saying,it looks like a kernel level thing.

Edited by Guest

Guest vermat17

Surely not that simple lol, only one way to find out =nosdcard to =sdcard and see what happens, as some of us know,

build.prop tweaks can change things just by adding or altering a line so it could work.

Also, it does not have to be something hard to enable because they did not expect us to get in with root, so a simple build.prop tweak would be enough, knowing we had no way to edit it unless rooted. Anyway enough theory, Gonna give it a go.

Edit: Thought it was to easy to be true, no sd card ;) As ricky & flibblesan are saying,it looks like a kernel level thing.

Paul, any chance you could have a look at this? ;)

Guest Simon O

MD5 of update.zip is 88f70256b361eb89722de45f5cf50bce according to my copy. Size is 313,708,504 bytes (313.7 MB on disk)

Size on disk is different due to me having a Mac probably.

Guest BlueMoonRising

guys plz reply... does factory reset remove root?

I'm no expert(I don't intend to root for a long while if at all) however from previous experience with the OSF I would say no, it just resets the OS to a virgin state.

Of course you could try and let us know... :)

No it does not remove root, I factory reset with this device and root is still there. A factory wipes data so the rom is like first time boot, but it does not alter files in system.

You can unroot, just not that way. One way is to delete superuser apk from system app then su and busybox from xbin, I think there are unroot apps that do this for you.

Edited by Guest

With root is there a way to enable ip adb (wifi)? because it doesn't show up in the settings. I was wondering if with a simple tweak like toggles in notification, there was a way to disable/enable it?