[Stopped] OMLAXY SMFroyo beta4 (2.2.3) updated: 2012.10.20

Guest MinL

Guest tamas_kurti

You will need to have a Ubuntu system (either running under USB environment or Virtual environment), and do remember to install GPart for ease to resize your phone's partitions.

The instruction is very clear, untar the tar.gz file and untar the sm-ext4.tar.gz direct to phone's second partition, which should had been formatted as ext4 file system. I would suggest you read carefully on the simple 5 steps in post #1 and getting some basic understanding on linux before you go.

Suggested size would be:

partition 2 (ext4) = not over 2 GB. You might face silly errors if the size is larger than 2GB.

partition 3 (swap) = not over 1024MB. Even you give more it wont help any.

partition 1 (fat32) = take all remain. Dont format this partition, just resize this partition to give space for the others will do. If your android has any problem, you still have WM as backup, and you need this partition to boot your phone too.

Boot sequence:

WM --> Haret.exe --> Android.

Hi I have tried several times to install this package but without succes.

here are what i tried:

1. method: have installed cm2beta and overwrite whit this package - effect: no succes (freeze at boot screen Android on Omnia)

2. method: extract the archive to a formatted ext4 file system, and the haret, startup, zimage files on my storage - effect: the same as above

3. method: the same but with updated kernel and modeules - effect the same

Please how do you succed installing? maybe a video tutorial?

Hi I have tried several times to install this package but without succes.

here are what i tried:

1. method: have installed cm2beta and overwrite whit this package - effect: no succes (freeze at boot screen Android on Omnia)

2. method: extract the archive to a formatted ext4 file system, and the haret, startup, zimage files on my storage - effect: the same as above

3. method: the same but with updated kernel and modeules - effect the same

Please how do you succed installing? maybe a video tutorial?

OK you are almost there. After you overwrite your cm_beta2 with omlaxy package, now what you need to do is, copy cm_beta2 modules overwrite back the omlaxy modules on your phone.

After that, copy cm_beta2 haret, startup, and zimage to sdcard.

Edit your startup.txt mmcblk1p2 to mmcblk0p2 if you are not using external SDcard

Done

:)Hope this helps.

http://e-meow.com

Edited by tch717

Guest tamas_kurti

OK you are almost there. After you overwrite your cm_beta2 with omlaxy package, now what you need to do is, copy cm_beta2 modules overwrite back the omlaxy modules on your phone.

After that, copy cm_beta2 haret, startup, and zimage to sdcard.

Edit your startup.txt mmcblk1p2 to mmcblk0p2 if you are not using external SDcard

Done

:)Hope this helps.

thanks man, this worked for me.

one thing: to change language from chinese (i suppose, sorry if ime wrong), you must observe the icons, then you could them change easely:

- middle button - settings - "A" marked icon - first option - then from dropdown list you could pick any language.

Have a nice day (like me :)))) )

Guest krlos2610

Hey men, I have not been able to start the android, please I need help, I have done the steps to the letter, but the phone is in the "Android on Omnia II Loading", I rename the line in the file of startup.txt from mmcblk1p2 to mmcblk0p2, but still the same problem, please if you would be kind enough to do a step by step tutorial would be of much help, sorry for writing is that I speak some in English, I'm from Venezuela

Guest bibubibu

-installed the omlaxy-smf4(20121009) - for I8000 on my samsung i8000 and everything work fine,just only some times my phone will hang and have to reset it by the reset button (or pull out the battery).

-delayed and hang with black screen when someone is calling in sometime,missed to accept the call.

Update With new kernel:-

-phone signal not function at all.

In fact MinL you already done well ~just keep it on~~ 화이팅!! ^_^

Guest Antoxa1998

Installed use Ubuntu several times without success! Freeze at Android on Omnia 2 all the times.

Install with modified tar.gz (modules, apps and other) and Autoinstallation for beta2 on sdcard - from the first time !

Used Kernels - Chinese, iPaq's, new Kernel from update.

Working smooth.

I always lost (disconnect) my SD card if plug phone to the computer via USB....???

Edited by Antoxa1998

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Izanagi No-Mikoto

http://minl-tomlaxy.googlecode.com/files/MinL_SMbeta4.tar.gz

não consigo baixar por este link!

alguem pode me indicar outro link para que eu possa atualizar minha versão?

eu uso cm_2.

como fazer para escolher qual sistema operacional eu quero abrir ao ligar o aparelho?

eu vi isso em algum lugar mas não consigo fazer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Antoxa1998

May be tmr i'll give link for beta 1, it w'll be test.

If some one can download final (MinLroid O2 2.2.3 OFFICIAL1) from that link http://cafe.naver.com/minlomlaxy it would be fine.

Both Rom not for our phone, but beta 1 i use now and it work perfect. It more faster, smooth and stable then all other ROM.

Star time from Win to And 1 min about/ night time stanby 7% lost for 10 hours/GPS/Wi-Fi all good, no any other additional manipulation.

Edited by Antoxa1998

Guest nikkotsoi

May be tmr i'll give link for beta 1, it w'll be test.

If some one can download final (MinLroid O2 2.2.3 OFFICIAL1) from that link http://cafe.naver.com/minlomlaxy it would be fine.

Both Rom not for our phone, but beta 1 i use now and it work perfect. It more faster, smooth and stable then all other ROM.

Star time from Win to And 1 min about/ night time stanby 7% lost for 10 hours/GPS/Wi-Fi all good, no any other additional manipulation.

which kernel u use?

i am downloading MinLroid O2 2.2.3 OFFICIAL1

uploading

Guest Antoxa1998

I use a Kernel from Twister 1 and add radio JJ1 (this one best in Russia).Thanks for link.

Edited by Antoxa1998

Guest nikkotsoi

I use a Kernel from Twister 1 and add radio JJ1 (this one best in Russia).Thanks for link.

is it good ?

can u give the link of add radio JJ1?

Guest nikkotsoi

To add radio in MinLroid O2 2.2.3 OFFICIAL1 no any link available.

Use Ubuntu.

If you have, add file Phone_I8000XXJJ1.bin (16mb) to sd folder, delete Modem.bin.

Edit Loadmod file according - ln -s /sd/Phone_I8000XXJJ1.bin /dev/bml9.

Replace all modules with this. Start your Android.

i will try later

is the MinLroid O2 2.2.3 OFFICIAL1 great?

best rom ever?

or the 8.1 rom better?

please give some comments as i am not able to install them now haha

Guest Antoxa1998

It is pretty good, but need some correction for date and time.

There are small scripts for cache and little twitting. Performance and battery life depend from new lib and binary files. Works with Kernels for Twitter and Kukafei. Boot time fastest 45 sec, longest 1min 23 sec, usually 53-60 sec. Face is the same as Omlaxy, min cartoons.

GPS, WiFi and "tooth" working fine without any tricks with Win and ROM.

• 2 months later...