Play Store

Guest mrrog

Got my device today; can someone tell me the issue around modifying the play store, is the selection available the right ones for the machine from a technology point of view, or is it just an accident of the target market, China?

Guest netgroover

I don't think the apps will be incompatible as such, looking at the posts (I'm no expert) the fix seems to declare the device and carrier you are using as being something else. So you set it to a similar (non-chinese) device in terms of chipset and a US carrier, and end up with the US Play Store? Can anyone confirm this?

Not even sure the fix is necessary, isn't it the case that if you access the store using a browser instead of the store app you can see all apps and it tells you download ability and compatibility, but you can still have a go at downloading to your device of choice?

Guest netgroover

There is of course the workaround where you download apps to another uk device and then go to your Apps on the UG802 Play Store and install from there. Looking forward to a permanent fix as iplayer app doesn't appear to work.

on the finless bob rom thread over at freaktab there appears to be a solution to this, basically delete the installed iplayer and re-install an earlier/another version, haven't bothered myself mine seems to work fine but it might just be its coming through the browser!

• 3 weeks later...

just applied deadhp1's fix to the play store, bit of faffing getting the apktool to run, and then copying files into the new .jar file, but its all learning