San Francisco 2 or G300?

Guest PandaThing

Guest PandaThing

Now before you say G300 of course, here is a little context. I own a G300, and love it, but my younger sister is now looking for a replacement for her phone and I've been steering her towards both the G300 and the san fransisco 2. She is leaning towards the san fransisco 2 because of its slightly smaller size, and I don't really see any problem with the san fransisco 2 at face value, but having never used one, i cant be sure it isn't crap.

So to anybody who owns a San Fransisco 2 (if you own or have used a G300 as well that would be great):

The San Fransisco has a 800MHz preccesor next to the G300's 1GHz. Are there any problems with this in daily use, for music, web browsing, perhaps a little gaming?

I have read in some reviews (i considered the San Fransisco 2 before settling on my G300) that the touch screen is a tad unresponsive. Is this similar to the G300, worse, better?

Finally, I know the phone ships with android 2.3 (i think its .3) but i was considering putting dazzaco's cm mod 9 on it, any users of this out there? is it good?

Also, she will be switching from a motarolla flipout, so bear that in mind.... Any insights would be great :)

Guest dragpyre

Now before you say G300 of course, here is a little context. I own a G300, and love it, but my younger sister is now looking for a replacement for her phone and I've been steering her towards both the G300 and the san fransisco 2. She is leaning towards the san fransisco 2 because of its slightly smaller size, and I don't really see any problem with the san fransisco 2 at face value, but having never used one, i cant be sure it isn't crap.

So to anybody who owns a San Fransisco 2 (if you own or have used a G300 as well that would be great):

The San Fransisco has a 800MHz preccesor next to the G300's 1GHz. Are there any problems with this in daily use, for music, web browsing, perhaps a little gaming?

I have read in some reviews (i considered the San Fransisco 2 before settling on my G300) that the touch screen is a tad unresponsive. Is this similar to the G300, worse, better?

Finally, I know the phone ships with android 2.3 (i think its .3) but i was considering putting dazzaco's cm mod 9 on it, any users of this out there? is it good?

Also, she will be switching from a motarolla flipout, so bear that in mind.... Any insights would be great

Jelly Bean will be ready soon for the G300, so I'd grab that.

Only if you don't mind flashing it and potentially voiding your warranty. :)

The g300 has a superior processor. In the sf2 its armv6 versus armv7 and having owned both i would go for the g300. The difference ti me is night and day

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I currently own a SF2 and it's great. For a sub £100 device then you get plenty for your money if you don't mind fastbooting Clockworkmod and flashing ROMs. I'd recommend the G300 over the SF2 mainly because of the better specs for the same price range.