Change DPI

Guest ayziaa

If someone find a way to change dpi. I looked into build.prop but there is nothing. I tried two apps on the market, first one said "can't do the configuration" (I have root) the second one didn't change anything after reboot. I'm looking for this because I'd really like to make things bigger!

Can I add something like this to build.prop : ro.sf.lcd_density=240 ?

Edited by ayziaa

It's the one I tried, but before trying I looked into build.prop and there wasn't anything related to dpi which make me thing that the dpi configuration value is somewhere else

EDIT: Am I the only one to find things too small?

Edited by ayziaa

You must be doing wrong, but I am using the pro version but it is same.

Set density by clicking standard tab, select 320, then click temp apply( just to make sure it safe for you)

After that you can select save as system dpi

Edited by Guest

I just set dpi and hit "save and reboot" but it doesn't work Still 240 on reboot.

What does temp apply means? I don't have that! Maybe I need pro version

Edited by ayziaa

It should apply on save as system dpi too....I try now......

Strange, it does not save as permanent ? Not that I want it, I lower dpi on every device, so I happy with it small.

Edited by Guest

It should apply on save as system dpi too....I try now......

Strange, it does not save as permanent ? Not that I want it, I lower dpi on every device, so I happy with it small.

No it does not! Only temp apply seems to be working

I will try ro.sf.lcd_density=320 in build.prop

oh....it already there, placed by lcd density modder, but it is not recognised?

Edited by Guest

Yes of course you did....I got a 3 second goldfish memory

don't worry about it! But I really don't know what else to try! also from what I have seen using 320dpi and 280 (probably no very good for market compatibily) it's not displaying things very well. The overall look a bit streched.

Edited by ayziaa

In recovery log I see the lcd density, so it must be somewhere. Anyone know where else other than build.prop the system can read lcd density from ?

post-796032-0-63315600-1350039175_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Yeah it is just temp, so it cannot stick after reboot, as recovery log shows it is reading from somewhere else on boot, as ricky said default.prop, so unless we crack bootloader it not be done as we need custom rom. to be able to change anything in boot.img.

Ok! So / point is boot.img ? And if we touch that we could brick the device because bootloader check boot partition signature and it will just refuse to boot?

At this point ( now that we have root) what are chances that we could hack the bootloader?