The Best Homescreen Launcher

Guest i am not a hacker

Guest i am not a hacker

So android has reached a point, (unlike iOS), where a wide range of homescreen launchers are available for our highly customisable operating system; from the eye-catching SPB-Shell 3D, to the simplistic Zeam Launcher.

Which launchers do you lot like most?

And for all those ICS Launcher fans (such as Apex and Holo), why do you like them? They have barely any features and the app drawer looks awful (in my opinion)! Is it the fluidity?

Personally, I love GO Launcher EX, it looks great, it's smooth, and it is smooth.

Care to share?

Guest BlueMoonRising

I used to be a fan of GO but find it slow and too bloated now. Holo is great for GB but I'm using Apex now. Its got all all the features I need and is very smooth.

Apex or Nova for me, both have all the customization needed without overdoing it like go no does, it has become bloated, to many features added.

Edited by Guest

Yeah ADW ex, first app I ever purchased if I remember right, but it is a dead app, no further development.

But at the end of the day, it is all down to user preference, what you need and what suits you or works for you.....that is what is so great about android :)

Guest scuzzbucket

Atom Launcher or 360 Launcher. There is a modded Xperia GX Launcher floating about in the Arc/S and Neo forums at XDA that is pretty nice, very smooth and fast.

Atom Launcher or 360 Launcher. There is a modded Xperia GX Launcher floating about in the Arc/S and Neo forums at XDA that is pretty nice, very smooth and fast.

Do you have link ? All I can see is gx launcher for xperia devices, not all devices. I tried an experia launcher before that was only for xperia devices and it did not install to system.

Guest BlueMoonRising

balancer launcher is really smooth for gingerbread

If you're still on GB and want the ICS look then Holo Launcher is excellent but LauncherPro (although not supported for a long time now) is I think beyond doubt the quickest. It is just lightening.

Guest scuzzbucket

Do you have link ? All I can see is gx launcher for xperia devices, not all devices. I tried an experia launcher before that was only for xperia devices and it did not install to system.

My mistake. I wasn't quite with it when I said GX, that is indeed Xperia devices only. I was meaning this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1557091 - which is the Xperia S launcher for non-Xperia devices. I've used it on my Blade and other devices successfully. It runs smoother than most in my opinion. There is also a new launcher from Tencent Technology on the market that is amazingly fast and smooth. It is a very simple affair though, kind of like the MIUI launcher.

My mistake. I wasn't quite with it when I said GX, that is indeed Xperia devices only. I was meaning this - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1557091 - which is the Xperia S launcher for non-Xperia devices. I've used it on my Blade and other devices successfully. It runs smoother than most in my opinion. There is also a new launcher from Tencent Technology on the market that is amazingly fast and smooth. It is a very simple affair though, kind of like the MIUI launcher.

Oh that one, i used to use that, very good launcher, but, it does not look right on the osd resolution. At least last time I tried it, but i see there is new version so gonna have a play.

@I am not a hacker, yes ics launchers are smooth, I am using apex, works very well.

Edited by Guest

How is it smoother than apex if apex has no lag :lol:

Your guess is as good as mine, but I would say launchers like apex are ics optimised so naturally they are smoother, also, apex is not bloated like Go Ex in my opinion, but if go ex suits your needs, then thats all that matters really.

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

I can only go off my experience which is that GO was a bit clunky on gingerbread which is why I went to Holo. Now on ICS I've switched to Apex.

• 2 weeks later...