Xolo not going into Deep Sleep mode

Guest xgt001

HI

I have loads of apps enabled may 80 something.. so cant nail any culprit if any app sucks battery, but atleast on the device side, I have Data and enabled along with Wifi (which is set to turn off when screen is off) and dont use stuff like Bluetooth, GPS, etc.. set screen brightness to auto or low...

I dont know why it is not entering deep sleep mode. I just confirmed it in BetterBatteryStats... it reports CPU @ 1khz .. is it technically "deep sleep mode"

I hope I am not being a paranoid

Guest BlueMoonRising

Do you use https://play.google....3JlZW5vZmYiXQ.. or https://play.google....mVlbm9mZnBybyJd at all?

I had to uninstall as I believe it was preventing mine from entering deep sleep and killed the battery overnight.

nope I dont use that... I use betterbatterystats and some widgets which you had shared in other topics.. they dont cause any battery drain I guess

Guest BlueMoonRising

In normal use the Medfield platform runs at between 600Mhz and 1.6 Ghz(burst mode), In deep sleep (known as C6 state) the CPU is essentially suspended which is maybe what BetterBatteryStats is reporting as 1Khz.

If none of the market apps can shed a light on whats using the battery then you would have to experiment by uninstalling an app at a time until you find the culprit.

Guest Simon O

San Diego here running the Xolo ICS ROM. Deep Sleep works fine. It'll be an application you've installed that is preventing the CPU from going into low power mode.

I also have some battery issues with my OSD, the French version. I have like 60% of my battery going for the screen. I did a complete reset to factory settings, and rehashed Xolo ICS. I hope i can see some improvement :-)

If not, I'll try the orange version of ICS

Edited by zac206

Guest BlueMoonRising

I also have some battery issues with my OSD, the French version. I have like 60% of my battery going for the screen. I did a complete reset to factory settings, and rehashed Xolo ICS. I hope i can see some improvement :-)

If not, I'll try the orange version of ICS

60% for the screen is normal(depending obviously on what you've been using). Unless you run benchmarks constantly, thereby stressing the CPU, then the screen is the most power hungry device. Concentrate more on how long the battery lasts.

Till now,I've always had system idle/Android system taking most of the power. And I always had at least two days of battery, now, I unplug it in the morning with battery fully charged and I have 10% after 12 hours.

well Juice defender configured to turn off Wifi and Mobile Data automatically works decently... I have 50% charge left with very light usage after 13 hours...

BUT Battery Monitor still reports that the device was awake for the full 13 hours :/ :/.... is there any way to force Xolo to go to deep sleep??

Edited by xgt001

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm beginning to suspect that some apps such as battery monitors(ironically enough) are stopping the OSD from going into deep sleep. I'm trying different apps at the moment, what would anyone recommend for checking if deep sleep is used and how often? Is better battery stats capable of this?

Guest punjuk12

I'm beginning to suspect that some apps such as battery monitors(ironically enough) are stopping the OSD from going into deep sleep. I'm trying different apps at the moment, what would anyone recommend for checking if deep sleep is used and how often? Is better battery stats capable of this?

I would have to agree with this. from the moment i got this phone i was convinced to put battery monitors and the like to improve the phone. Doing this i would use around 60-65% over a work day (8 hours) with light use. However, after uninstalling them i have noticed i use around 15-20% over similar periods with similar use.

Guest geoff1951

I've been running Xolo ICS for a few days and haven't seen any noticeable difference in battery drain/gain. IMHO any possible increase in drain by a newer OS is likely to be outweighed by apps running.

And haven't we (those who've gone over to ICS, either Orange or Xolo) been using our phones more over the past few days anyway?

Guest Gibson.1

I'll try better battery stats, although I've not really downloaded any apps since Orange GB maybe there's one.

One thing is before the update I'm sure screen accounted for about 30/35% battery use, now its at 60% don't know if that's any relevance though.

Guest Gibson.1

I've been running Xolo ICS for a few days and haven't seen any noticeable difference in battery drain/gain. IMHO any possible increase in drain by a newer OS is likely to be outweighed by apps running.

And haven't we (those who've gone over to ICS, either Orange or Xolo) been using our phones more over the past few days anyway?

I thought that was the case until yesterday, a full charge lasted about 12 hours and I was out so barely used my phone.

Guest Gibson.1

Right, I don't know what half the information from betterbatterystats means, but I can assume the fact partial wakelocks having 22 seperate processes from social gallery called Audio_In6xx mostly with 25+ counts has something to do with the battery drain? And that was from 100%-72% battery.

The only others it shows me are facebook, gtalk and doubletwist, all of which I had on orange gb and haven't changed any settings etc.

Edited by Gibson.1

Guest i am not a hacker

Ok on better battery stats look at wake locks or something similar in the app as that would be the most likely cause if the prevention of deep sleep.

Btw, over time the battery will become better. Give it a few weeks

Guest punjabi

Ah. I deleted social gallery from the system partition and replaced with the stock 4.0.4 gallery application. That'll be why I don't have the issues.

That's it then!

Where did you get the stock gallery from...?

Guest Gibson.1

Why would the gallery be using an audio_in process? Also, when I listened to music earlier on my OSD a new process appeared as Audio_out under com.intel.android.gallery.media.social gallery and it ran for 10s more. Its probably irrelavent I'm just wondering why a gallery app would be using audio in/out.