HDMI output

I assume from unboxing videos that a mini HDMI cable is not included,so my question is,can any mini HDMI cable be used with the san diego ?

Edited by Guest

Guest PaulOBrien
I assume from unboxing videos that a mini HDMI cable is not included,so my question is,can any mini HDMI cable be used with the san diego ?

Correct on both counts!

P

Guest dangerbizzla

I completely lucked out then. Got one off Amazon for about £3 which works a treat. I did however make the mistake of first ordering a mini HDMI cable due to sheer excitment. Good luck

Well my micro-hdmi cable came today,but no phone till tomorrow.

Has anyone here tested the hdmi output capabilities of the san diego ?

Does it only display photos & videos or whatever is on display ? It would be cool if I could hook up to my 40inch sony HD tv and play GTA that would be sweeeeet!!!

Guest iam_smithers

Whatever is on the display.

P

Did you notice any particular slowdown with it connected to a HD TV or was it just as smooth as usual?

Guest dangerbizzla

Its really smooth. Its crazy how good games and films look on your tv from you 4inch phone.

I made a bad quality video which gives you a sort of idea. bare in mind its alot smoother than it appears but i have no good camera and little bother about making it look 'top notch'.

Edited by dangerbizzla

I know how good it is, mine came this morning :D

But I am a little annoyed that market says gta 3 is now not compatible with OSD :angry2: but I have apk backed up so no worries there.

Edited by Guest

Guest dangerbizzla

That annoyed me aswell. I went to buy GTA 3 when it was 69p (a steal tbh) but it wasnt there.i did email rockstar about that and i do however have it anyway. havent played that on my tv yet.

I have gta3 backed up, so just side loaded it and it works, hopefully rockstar will add x86 support.I also cannot get max payne working on OSD, works fine on my G300(which is now not a supported device :angry2:)

Gta3 plays very well on OSD but for me I am getting a strange thing happening, every once in a while, there is like a stutter in the game, barely noticeable, I suspect it is something to do with controls as it only happens when using them, anyone else have that ?

Guest PaulOBrien

i connected mine to my hdtv however i am not able to see the whole screen the top and bottom is chopped its not the tv

Yes it is. :)

What make is your TV?

P

i connected mine to my hdtv however i am not able to see the whole screen the top and bottom is chopped its not the tv

Same for me, there is a little bit missing all 4 sides of screen, it is clear when on home screen, the top of battery and wifi is cut off. I have a sony bravia tv.

Edit: my 3 meter hdmi cable came today, now I can sit on sofa other side of room and play games whilst chilaxin. :D

Edited by Guest

Guest brit07

Mine is like that on my Samsung TV until I set it to 'Just Scan' rather than 16:9 or whatever...

P

sorted thanks! really had me stumped :blink:

Guest Frankish

Tried mine on all modes on a 40" Panasonic and it still cuts some off. It has auto is that supposed to be "just scan"? Stupid tv ha ha. It looks good though.

Tried mine on all modes on a 40" Panasonic and it still cuts some off. It has auto is that supposed to be "just scan"? Stupid tv ha ha. It looks good though.

Mine is 40inch too, looks great playing modern combat 2, Asphalt 6. Just this morning I player speedx 3D and supersonic HD, they both look crazy on 40inch lol

Guest PaulOBrien

No, Auto isn't what you want!

P