Buying devices direct from China

Guest aaroNiGHTS

Oh yeah I know what you mean about the "work" thing! Please let us know how you get on, hows the battery life?

Battery life is great, I am not an heavy user, do not play games and stuff, I am getting 2 days easy.

The rest of the phone working exactly as it should, no problems (volume rocker a bit stiff , but more I use it the better it gets!).

I know I already said this but the screen is great, watched a few films and a bit of catch up tv, the 4.5" screen makes the difference.

Guest unrandomsam

Hi All,

just a bit of info I have found etotalk.com very reliable and trustworthy. just purchased a Jiayu G3 and it was in my hands in 6 working days! fantastic screen! they can be a little more expensive, but a g3 in stock! good customer service questioned ask answered immediately (allowing for time difference)

They charge $1.99 to mark it as a gift (You pay them then you are complicit in it). It isn't the same as if they just do it without you asking. It is you paying them to commit fraud on your behalf.

you guys should think about getting the Neo NO3 when it is out shortly: http://www.gizchina....leaked-details/

The Neo NO2 is £123 ish on uredeal.com so i'm sure the Neo NO3 will be a similar price with this much improved processor.

338 $

http://www.uredeal.com/neo-n003-mtk6589-quad-core-smart-phone-53-inch-1280x720p-ips-screen-android-41-3g-12mp-camera-1gb-ram-8gb_g3524.html

big battery - 3000 mAh

for me, for now is good my thl W3 which works fine... ;)

that is the neo n003, it has a 5.3" screen. Not sure if that is a different model to NO3. Hoping it isn't as 5.3" is too large for me and it costs £225 which is too close to the nexus 4.

Guest Shahmatt

really? then the option "mtk6577 512mb add gift" for 145$ comes indeed with a mtk6575?

http://www.aliexpres.../594081004.html

otherwise the seller of the newman nm860 told me that it's available... I'm really tempted.. :S

As I understand it.. the MTK6575 is a single core CPU phone and is usually paired with the 512MB RAM, and the MTK6577 dual core CPU phone is paired with the 1GB RAM.

I have purchased the MTK6577 - 1GB version. My opinion is that it is this iteration that presents the best value proposition. The price I paid was approximately 170USD, but this can vary slightly depending on if the merchant includes extra covers, or batteries. My price was for the phone only and nothing more.

I also understand (from the Jiayu G2 thread) that there is a further iteration of the MTK6577-1GB that comes with a 2200mAh battery (as opposed to the 2000mAh that came in my own unit). So this can cause further differentiation in price.

I purchased my unit from UGood - and it took about 3 weeks to arrive. The delays in postal service is within China. Once it gets out of the country it should move quickly. I was also worried about shipping and the tracking no. did not seem to work for several days. But it's possible to chat live with the folks over there and be reassured.

The people at UGood don't communicate in the best English. So when asking question, keep it short, simple, and to the point.

My advice is that, if the product information is unclear, make explicit in the "Comments section to Merchant" (I think) exactly what you want. For example I wasn't sure if I'd be getting a black and white phone or an all white phone, and so I said "Please send me the all black phone". I got a response confirming that an all black phone will be sent.

Edited by Shahmatt

They charge $1.99 to mark it as a gift (You pay them then you are complicit in it). It isn't the same as if they just do it without you asking. It is you paying them to commit fraud on your behalf.

Well don't pay it!!

I didn't, just paid the VAT requested by DHL, which I must admit was not the full amount,

but felt better for not being completely under handed!

Huewei G330 is going to be £100 at talk talk btw or £10/month. On sale early next month: http://www.techradar...ristmas-1114777 hands on review here: http://www.theinquir...-handson-review

The Ascend G330 packs a 4-inch 480x800 display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, 5MP camera, microSD slot and comes running Android 4.0.4.

Edited by Guest

What's up with AliExpress canceling my order and requiring that I file a "claim" with them that includes a copy of my passport, my credit card, and my credit card statement? Sure, that's what I really want to do, give someone plenty enough information to steal my identity! Sorry, but I think I'll be looking for another source.

When buying from Aliexpress or similar what is the best/safest method of paying for the phone etc?

I chose etotalk because they accepted paypal. I bought a ZTE V970 at the beginning of the month, no complaints so far.

• 3 months later...
Guest viccharlie

I bought a UMi X1 from http://www.uredeal.com/

After about 5 weeks, some white spots started appearing on the screen. This can happen with IPS screens and needs replacement screen.

I emailed them and they wanted a video which I sent. They offered me $15 compensation. As more spots started to appear and there was also leakage I insisted they fix. Eventually they agreed and sent me an address to send the phone. They said they would fix if I paid for postage both ways. Not great but I agreed.

Anyway about 5 weeks later, they receive the phone and then tell me that I must also pay $50 because the phone is more than 1 month old!!! Obviously they see me as a rich westerner, they have my phone and can make some more money. I refused and say send back the phone, they said $40... This continues for a while until I put a stop to it. Now I have nothing as I will not pay!

So, according to Uredeal, if the phone is more than 1 month old, you must pay for shipping and pay for the factory to fix your phone!

I believe they also go by the name Ugood on Aliexpress so avoid both.

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying ZTE V970 from etotalk http://www.etotalk.c...html#show116.70 which costs about £117 + DHL shipping according to my calculation. To those that live in the UK and have ordered this phone before could you please clarify whether you guys had to pay custom tax upon receiving the phone or not?

Thanks in advance! :)

• 5 months later...
Guest serenawong

"It's not at all uncommon for something to take a week to be shipped out and 3 weeks on top of that to arrive. Using Registered Airmail also means it is 90 days from the time of shipping before an investigation can be started on a lost package. If you want something with any urgency I highly recommend investing in DHL, UPS or other expedited courier shipping."

It is hard to believe the shipping time. Sometime it tell us one week, but it will need 2 weeks. And some almost over one month. Especially meet with holidays in their country. I order an mobile from www.eachbyte.com. They told me that I could receive in one week. In fact I got my item after 10 days. Just because of the busy logistics season. So, I recommend that you should choose a right time to make the order. And you should keep focus on your item shipping status. Because it may be more problem as time much longer. In Asia, you will know that Oct. to Dec must be a busy season if you always shop online.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.