[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Guest anil_go

CyanogenMod stopped building cm7 few days ago, meaning cm7 is finally reaching its end of life. I will continue building cm7 until most major bugs are solved (wifi on freddo/carl, framebuffer). The only thing that stops us from going to cm9/10 is the kernel lcd related drivers, that's the reason I'm going to start development of a new kernel and hopefully we will have ics in the next few months.

thumbs up :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . goodluck

Guest mikeioannina

RacerMod 1.6 is coming finally today. Check the first post for a complete changelog before installing because there is some difference in the installation method for gen1 devices.

EDIT: I'm uploading the updates on my server now.

EDIT 2: Files are online, check my website for download links.

Edited by mikeioannina

Guest anil_go

thanks for update, downloaded installd for gen1 by addtinal file u provided,but i don't get network signals it says error in searching network. also screen rotation is not working anywhere even in the messeging app, touch senstivity is improved but as earilier 1.4 versions calibration is bad, i cant type my wifi password easily. except these wifi, bluetooth are working..

Guest mikeioannina

thanks for update, downloaded installd for gen1 by addtinal file u provided,but i don't get network signals it says error in searching network. also screen rotation is not working anywhere even in the messeging app, touch senstivity is improved but as earilier 1.4 versions calibration is bad, i cant type my wifi password easily. except these wifi, bluetooth are working..

Which phone do you have?

Guest Raphael Machado

Thanks mike! Downloading it now!

EDIT: installed! Vibration seens to be not working...

Edited by Raphael Machado

Guest ptgoals

Hi...

My sister has the TMN SoftStone ( from what i read it is the ZTE Racer, right).

Today i made a Factory reset. i looking for a ROM and this is the most updated.

I have searched for tuts to root and install CRecovery and to root it recomends z4root. is this the best way?

For CR they sugest: racer-clm-recovery-2.5.1.8 and RecoveryManager_v0.37b. Are these the most stable/updated?

is safe to instal CR this way? (my first time flashing recovery was via Rom Manager and it softbriked my LG P500 :( )

After root and CR from what i understand it is needed to wipe the usual and flash RacerMod-1.6.racer.zip and after the gen1.zip, then Gapps. all this whitout reboot?

Guest lfernandes

I flashed the new version and the gen1 fix but I can´t get my phone to connect to my mobile network (device: ZTE racer (TMN softstone) network: TMN Portugal). flashed the preview room and I can connect normaly.

Guest noobzone

don't just say "something not working" try to show a logcat. I don't have the android api with me but if I have the same problem I'll get them ASAP

Guest Kyrii

don't just say "something not working" try to show a logcat. I don't have the android api with me but if I have the same problem I'll get them ASAP

I Just restored from the bakcup and now de log no longer exists

Edited by Kyrii

Guest noobzone

Well flashed 1.6 then 1.6 gen1 fix then gapps. got the same error but I can't find anything in logcat o.O

anyway got 2 logcats

logcat1: http://pastebin.com/y0BKZgNR

logcat2: http://pastebin.com/vKJxCuUp

Guest b@rbo

I flashed the new version and the gen1 fix but I can´t get my phone to connect to my mobile network (device: ZTE racer (TMN softstone) network: TMN Portugal). flashed the preview room and I can connect normaly.

How is the process of flash?

1st Flash with rom racermod 1.6?

2 Send the file RacerMod 1.6 gen1 addon?

Guest lfernandes

How is the process of flash?

1st Flash with rom racermod 1.6?

2 Send the file RacerMod 1.6 gen1 addon?

I think so, i flashed mine by that order.

Guest mikeioannina

hey mikeio. did you check the folders in the .zip for gen1? it's system/lib not libs xD that's why it wasn't working

Can you send me the fixed zip? I really can't find where the error is...

Guest noobzone

How can i update from RacerMod 1.4 for 1.6, using this custom rom for gen1 without wipe all the phone data ?

my guess is that you can just install over it. but do a backup just in case something bugs out so you can return to 1.4 without data loss