Nexus 7 pre-order page now online at CPW

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The LG Nexus 4 pre-order page is now online at Carphone Warehouse in the UK, for delivery on the 30th October!

As well as the release date, the page confirms that the device will ship with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, as well as the widely leaked specs - a 4.7" 1280x768 display, 2GB RAM, 8 Megapixel camera and Qualcomm Quad Core S4 processor, all in a 68.7 x 133.9 x 9.1 mm body.

The bad news? 8GB onboard storage is confirmed with no microSD expansion! :(

The text states that 'The Google Play Store is home to 675,000 apps & games, so there's something for everyone. It also includes the world's largest collection of eBooks, magazines, movies and TV shows in full HD. Entertainment will always be at your fingertips.', suggesting that Magazines are coming to the UK next week but maybe not music. :(

Another potential new feature in 4.2 is 'Gesture Typing' - :Stay in touch with Gesture Typing, a faster way of typing that lets you spell words by dragging your finger across the screen from letter to letter." Swype killer?

In typical Nexus style, there's no FM radio onboard.

The device will be offered by CPW on O2 and Vodafone, with pricing starting at £31 per month on contract for a free device.

Head on over to the Carphone Warehouse website for more details.

[Thanks @saquibnisar for the tip!]

nexus4ss.png

Click here to view the item

If it really has 8 GB of internal storage, I think this will be a huge letdown.

Also, they say it has Android 4.2 Jelly Bean in the header, but the specs say 4.1.2. Go figure.

Guest le_lutin

The no microsd is a complete joke. There'd be no EASIER way to one-up the competition than just sticking a flipping micro-sd slot.

Also, starting at a paltry 8gb, I mean come on. For a flagship phone?

Guest andybarker

If it really has 8 GB of internal storage, I think this will be a huge letdown.

Given they have gone to the expense of 2GB RAM, 8GB Flash seems really bizzare.

Given they have gone to the expense of 2GB RAM, 8GB Flash seems really bizzare.

Indeed, it harks way back to the "good ol' days" when smartphones came with 64Mb of internal storage and 64Mb of RAM.

Seriously, 8Gb? What's the point? The Nexus 7 I can almost understand but they've discontinued that. Phones have come with 8Gb of storage for half a decade now, why on earth aren't we expanding further?

Guest le_lutin

Indeed, it harks way back to the "good ol' days" when smartphones came with 64Mb of internal storage and 64Mb of RAM.

Seriously, 8Gb? What's the point? The Nexus 7 I can almost understand but they've discontinued that. Phones have come with 8Gb of storage for half a decade now, why on earth aren't we expanding further?

Some people might argue that it's because The Cloud is reducing dependency on local storage.

This is, of course, complete nonsense. Some android games these days take up about 1.5gb of storage. Also, if I take a photo/video I would like it to be backed up to the cloud, but i'd still like a copy on my phone that I can look at.

Some people might argue that it's because The Cloud is reducing dependency on local storage.

This is, of course, complete nonsense. Some android games these days take up about 1.5gb of storage. Also, if I take a photo/video I would like it to be backed up to the cloud, but i'd still like a copy on my phone that I can look at.

Yes, as I said the argument kind of makes sense on the Nexus 7 as Google is pushing their cloud services, but I seriously don't think they're there yet - and I dare say most would agree. Google Music isn't even out here yet =\

Guest Matchstick

If the pathetic storage is to push the cloud onto unwilling users, you'd think Google would ensure the Google cloud service are actually universally available before they sell the phone :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.