FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

Guest frenkie999999999

Guest kelmys

Hi again!,

I have tried with:

1) Reinstall without the SIM

2) Install zImage inside FrenkieDroid_v8.zip

3) Reboot after installation, before operating with telephone.

But I have no signal, and when I start wifi it doesn't search any wifi...

Guest srisrao

Frankie999, thanks for the effort. Followed the complete. Now I am able to start Android but it hangs after booting. I also tried starting it without the SIM. But still the same issue. What could be the problem??

Guest brn0zin

Frankie, você é o cara mané....rsrs

muito boa a versão 8!

tô usando a uns 40 minutos e tõ achando muito boa mesmo...

uma pergunta: será que um dia você consegue fazer o ANDROID rodar com o mesmo consumo de bateria do WM, que era baixíssimo e ao meu ver a unica vantagem?

galera olha o que aconteceu comigo no réveillon, Omnia parou de funcionar com o WM de uma hora para a outra. quando eu ligo ele no WM fica numa eterna ciranda as cores que marcam quando o celular tá trabalhando.

mas minha sorte eu coloquei o tal do programa que dá a opção de vc escolher entre acessar o HaRet e ir direto pro Android ou ficar com o WM mesmo, e com o Android o celular tá funcionando. parece que a partir de agora eu só vou poder usar o Android mesmo!

Guest brn0zin

Frankie, you are the man ... lol

very good version 8!

I'm using about 40 minutes and am finding it very good ...

one question: is that one day you can do the same with the run ANDROID battery consumption of WM, which was very low and I think the only advantage?

guys look what happened to me on New Year's Eve, my Omnia stopped working with WM one hour to the next. when I call him at WM is an eternal riddle colors that mark when the phone're working.

but my luck I put this program which gives you the option to choose between access the Haret and go straight to Android or stick with the same WM, and with the Android mobile operating okay. it seems that from now on I'll only be able to use the same Android!

Guest actionboyCZ

Maybe, sometimes android will be faster then WM, but until that, i think there is no reason why make phone slower.

But thanks for tries. Good luck.

Edited by actionboyCZ

Guest srisrao

Again really appreciate the effort Frankie and others before him have put in for this. Me being a techie understand the amount of effort that would have gone into this!! Thanks a lot guys!!!

I am able to boot to Android. I have installed it onto my 4GB SD card.

Problems:

1. If I normally boot, then Android is loaded and then after 10-20 secs the system freezes. I have to removed and put back battery.

2. If I connect it to my laptop using USB and I boot Android, then it does not freeze. All functions are normal!!! This is the strangest part!

3. Camera does not work. I tried updating firmware from WM6.1.

4. Get a message that SD Card is not mounted

5. Some applications from Play store is not installed. For Angry birds I get message that my version of Android is not supported.

6. Downloading and installing apps from Play store is very slow.

I just want the boot issue and camera to be working and I wouldnt change my phone for another 2 years :D

Please help me resolve this issue!!!

Guest spiderman1961

Again really appreciate the effort Frankie and others before him have put in for this. Me being a techie understand the amount of effort that would have gone into this!! Thanks a lot guys!!!

I am able to boot to Android. I have installed it onto my 4GB SD card.

Problems:

1. If I normally boot, then Android is loaded and then after 10-20 secs the system freezes. I have to removed and put back battery.

2. If I connect it to my laptop using USB and I boot Android, then it does not freeze. All functions are normal!!! This is the strangest part!

3. Camera does not work. I tried updating firmware from WM6.1.

4. Get a message that SD Card is not mounted

5. Some applications from Play store is not installed. For Angry birds I get message that my version of Android is not supported.

6. Downloading and installing apps from Play store is very slow.

I just want the boot issue and camera to be working and I wouldnt change my phone for another 2 years :D

Please help me resolve this issue!!!

-1 and 2 problem maybe depend from dimension partitions: you have to try between different dimensions. You have to experiment.

For any suggestion look here http://forum.hdblog.it/f63/%5B-n-d-r-o-i-d%5D-%5Brom%5D-frenkiedroid-v8-android-su-gt-i8000-omnia-ii-e-repository-temi-73480/#post653622

-Camera on my omnia2gb works; try to reinstall

-SD card must be formatted FAT32 PRIMARY

-Leave Playstore inactive but connected (and also telephone) for almost 15 min to update the market and control if there are again issue

Guest leung6340

i have to ask few question

1)does this rom support init.d script,if yes,that can help to tweak the rom even more faster

and i can give support to this script

2)camera works on what level? i mean the recording is 480p?

3)does the kernel support deep sleep?in the past cm6,deep sleep is a problem due to the energy loss in sleeping state

4)in my another android phone,i installed something call'v6 super charger' on xda.this may help the performing of the rom...

Guest spiderman1961

i have to ask few question

1)does this rom support init.d script,if yes,that can help to tweak the rom even more faster

and i can give support to this script

2)camera works on what level? i mean the recording is 480p?

3)does the kernel support deep sleep?in the past cm6,deep sleep is a problem due to the energy loss in sleeping state

4)in my another android phone,i installed something call'v6 super charger' on xda.this may help the performing of the rom...

Welcome!

1) For support init.d look here: there are some question to resolve an you support will be useful

2) Camera works "High 30m"

3) Deep sleep OK

4) v6 super charger an other scripts , if i remember well, are related with busybox and init.d: it will be wonderful if you find the way to install them!

Try and send a report for developement of the ROM

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest leung6340

Welcome!

1) For support init.d look here: there are some question to resolve an you support will be useful

2) Camera works "High 30m"

3) Deep sleep OK

4) v6 super charger an other scripts , if i remember well, are related with busybox and init.d: it will be wonderful if you find the way to install them!

Try and send a report for developement of the ROM

great:)

that's what i wanted.

As i8000 cpu is arm6 device,i found some useful source to those of you.

https://github.com/androidarmv6/

I think it is close to the final stage of android on sd on i8000.

But in case,the overall performance is the problem now:(

Guest leung6340

also,

elinux.org/Android_on_S3C6410

i thought the problem on android is we didn't find a way to flash in nana rom.

I see there is a lot of 6410 cpu's broad is flashed on 2.2/2.3 or even ics and jb on the internet.So if we can fix it well, the fastest we can improve the rom:)

Guest leung6340

OK..LET say about the rom.:)

rom is good but few point need to take care.

1)too much useless app.please delete as much as possible. there are even 3 file explorer and 3 camera app.i don't want these app to slow down the real performance of android.

2)i think the rom is based on Italian language? there are lot of english user here,so make language and some app be english.

3)i install on sd card, so i need to change the startup.txt to 0p6 but there isn't any mount sd/storage script in android.i am very difficult to download in the internet.so make it mount sd/storage.

4)i8000 has a low cpu and ram.we don't want to much of beautiful effect on it.so i think it should disable the effect.

5)it is also about slim rom.there are too much ringtone/wallpaper .we won't need those of them,just keep 5 of each one.

6)the phone key lay out which make me very uncomfortable.

it should be more likely to wm mode.

lock screen key should be lock screen, don't be back.

camera key should use to take photo but don't do nothing.

the diamond key should use to be back key.

the back key should be use for menu key.

other is the same.

7)whatsapp should not be in system app:(

8)contact remover doesn't do any thing for me

9)you should update the updatest app to phome.

super user is 3.13 now,why on 2.xx?

10)too much of gps fix, 1 is enough.

11)launcher should set in 2d but not 3d

12)camera app is something wrong while switching to video.

thx:)

Guest leung6340

I have the problem now:(

When i install to sd card

it is 0p6(i don't know why is 0p6- -)

so there won't be any mount sd inside android.

what is the block of sd and mystorage of

mmcblockxpy if i don't want to format my sd card?

(i donot do any thing in my storage but format like the tutorial ---1st is fat32|2nd is linux|3rd is swap|)

Guest spiderman1961

great:)

that's what i wanted.

As i8000 cpu is arm6 device,i found some useful source to those of you.

https://github.com/androidarmv6/

I think it is close to the final stage of android on sd on i8000.

But in case,the overall performance is the problem now:(

Thanks for your suggestion: it will be useful for eventual next realease!!

Guest spiderman1961

OK..LET say about the rom. :)

rom is good but few point need to take care.

1)too much useless app.please delete as much as possible. there are even 3 file explorer and 3 camera app.i don't want these app to slow down the real performance of android.

2)i think the rom is based on Italian language? there are lot of english user here,so make language and some app be english.

3)i install on sd card, so i need to change the startup.txt to 0p6 but there isn't any mount sd/storage script in android.i am very difficult to download in the internet.so make it mount sd/storage.

4)i8000 has a low cpu and ram.we don't want to much of beautiful effect on it.so i think it should disable the effect.

5)it is also about slim rom.there are too much ringtone/wallpaper .we won't need those of them,just keep 5 of each one.

6)the phone key lay out which make me very uncomfortable.

it should be more likely to wm mode.

lock screen key should be lock screen, don't be back.

camera key should use to take photo but don't do nothing.

the diamond key should use to be back key.

the back key should be use for menu key.

other is the same.

7)whatsapp should not be in system app:(

8)contact remover doesn't do any thing for me

9)you should update the updatest app to phome.

super user is 3.13 now,why on 2.xx?

10)too much of gps fix, 1 is enough.

11)launcher should set in 2d but not 3d

12)camera app is something wrong while switching to video.

thx:)

Answers:

1) With Titanium Backup (free on Playstore) you can uninstall apps you don't want and lighte the rom; then with Image for Windows you can take your preferred image of rom fon nexy reinstallation (i did it!)

2) Go to "Impostazioni" and then to "Lingua e tastiera" and make your choice about preferred language

4) With app like System tuner (free on playstore) you can tune better your system: look inside the possibility of this app; also always in "Impostazioni"/Spicagen" you shall find a lot of possibility to setting better memory usage and disabling effects you don't like

5) With Root explorer, inside rom, you can delete yourself you don't want

6) Key layout for now cannot be remapping: you can use Button Savior (free on Playstore) to replace and safeguard physical buttons

7) With Titanium you can delete it or transform in user app

8) Remove it with Titanium

9) Route of files of superuser changed in newer version; also if update binary files will be not

10) One is for fix, the othe is for control: take what you want

11) You can set it yourself by settings of Launcher pro: suggestion i tried that this Rom is more performance with ADW Launcher

12 Never had this issue: try reinstall

For number 3: why do you will install on external sd? Rom it isn't so fast on external?

Guest mircoron

6) Key layout for now cannot be remapping: you can use Button Savior (free on Playstore) to replace and safeguard physical buttons

this is not correct, look at my post of 27 december:

Hi Frenkie, great work!

I have a Note2 but the satisfaction to see android running well in my loved i8000 is great.

I suggest to modify the s3c-keypad.kl file located in /SYSTEM/USR/KEYLAYOUT/ to resemble actual android phone key layout:

key 158 CAMERA

key 116 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

key 102 HOME

key 231 CALL

key 217 MENU

key 115 VOLUME_UP

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN

key 26 BACK WAKE_DROPPED

To make mod open the file with es file explorer, modify the keys according this list.

best regards

Guest spiderman1961

this is not correct, look at my post of 27 december:

Hi Frenkie, great work!

I have a Note2 but the satisfaction to see android running well in my loved i8000 is great.

I suggest to modify the s3c-keypad.kl file located in /SYSTEM/USR/KEYLAYOUT/ to resemble actual android phone key layout:

key 158 CAMERA

key 116 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

key 102 HOME

key 231 CALL

key 217 MENU

key 115 VOLUME_UP

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN

key 26 BACK WAKE_DROPPED

To make mod open the file with es file explorer, modify the keys according this list.

best regards

Ops! :wacko:

I forgot it: thanks for suggestion

EDIT: I just tried your mod. Great!!!!

Now key layout is like in WinMo and safeguard better physical key!

Thank you very much!!

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest leung6340

For number 3: why do you will install on external sd? Rom it isn't so fast on external?

thzx for your answering:)

last time when i just partition 'my storage'

my storage is loss ... even i do nue storage,reformat and format and hard reset i still cannot get it…

so what do i do reinstall the real omnia update program from Samsung website and 8gb is come back---->this would be very useful to those who lose my storage(but it seems that there isn't has any program now, have to google it).

personally, i won't install to my storage now and get a chance to loss data.

Guest spiderman1961

thzx for your answering:)

last time when i just partition 'my storage'

my storage is loss ... even i do nue storage,reformat and format and hard reset i still cannot get it…

so what do i do reinstall the real omnia update program from Samsung website and 8gb is come back---->this would be very useful to those who lose my storage(but it seems that there isn't has any program now, have to google it).

personally, i won't install to my storage now and get a chance to loss data.

Before partitioning "my storage" you have to do a data backup and save it on your pc.

After partitioning you can restore data on reserved for WinMo part's "my storage". So you'll not lose any data.

This Rom isn't developed to install on external sd, because there it would be more slow.

If you want install on external you can see here: but this is older realease of Android porting on Omnia, less performance and specially developement of this project has stopped

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest spiderman1961

Hi to everyone!

I have installed FrenkieDroid v7 to my sd card, but i cant mount the fat partition of the SD. Internal 8gb partition is mounted and working fine.

I've tried every advice on this topic but nothing helped.

If anyone has solved this, can you post here your vold.fstab file or anything else you used to mount the sd?

Thanks!

Hy, for an user of another discussion that has Omnia 8gb (i don't have): can you post how did you partition your "my storage"? Because to him system crash after installation and i think it's depend from partitioninig, but i can't control.

Thank you

Guest nikkotsoi

Before partitioning "my storage" you have to do a data backup and save it on your pc.

After partitioning you can restore data on reserved for WinMo part's "my storage". So you'll not lose any data.

This Rom isn't developed to install on external sd, because there it would be more slow.

If you want install on external you can see here: but this is older realease of Android porting on Omnia, less performance and specially developement of this project has stopped

it is a topic discussed many times already

a class 10 micro sd can run very well.

I also installed this rom on my sd :)