FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

Guest frenkie999999999

Guest spiderman1961

Ok, I just installed Twister:

1) I'm really impressed with the feel of it, and I really like the rotation feauture as well as the top-down settings panel.

2) The buttons are now correctly working as they should.

3) The camera app looks different, more rich and better.

4) In general the fewer applications for ram managment makes it cleaner, great work on that.

5) However, it is even laggier than v8. At boot it is around 51MB which is somewhat ok. After 5-10 minutes of usage and testing it goes to 32MB of RAM which is very noticable. The ram cleaner did not help afterwards.

6) It keeps requesting for an SD card for the camera to work. I don't have an SD as I've the 8GB version.

7) It would be nice if by default the language was English because with the new theme it took me some minutes to find the setting to change it.

8) At many instances it might become completely non-responsive and require something like 5 minutes to finally say that the application is not responding and must be closed. It happened at the last step of google play store setup, at an app manager and at the browser until now.

9) WiFi does not autodetect networks. It works manually though.

10) Google Play Store keeps saying that I have to sign-in when I start it.

5) You can solve in Terminal emulator typing su boost

10) Delete cache and data of Playstore and reboot

Guest plutomaniac

Ok now it is more stable and I applies more tweaks to save battery life which goes down fast btw. Compared to v8 Google Play is now working great. I also added a 2GB SD and now the camera app is working too.

Spiderman1961, have you tried Espier Launcher? It looks better and is also faster for me, here is the final look(other language but look is the same):

img0463xa.jpg

img0464hx.jpg

Now the questions:

1) Now that I have Espier, is there a way to uninstall Holo Launcher? Pretty much for every preinstalled app there is no way to be uninstalled.

2) I enabled 2G/3G toggle at the top-down widget and now it won't let me disable it from settings. It is greayed out at ON.

3) For me, enabling 2G only networks does stay after a reboot and it does not reset to default. Maybe it has to do with question 2?

4) I check the battery usage page via settings and I see that Cell Standby takes pretty much most my battery. I tested with and without SIM where there is good signal. Is this normal?

5) What's the name of this small app that automatically cleans the memory in the background, the one that was at bottom-right corner of Holo Launcher?

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest spiderman1961

Now the questions:

1) Now that I have Espier, is there a way to uninstall Holo Launcher? Pretty much for every preinstalled app there is no way to be uninstalled.

2) I enabled 2G/3G toggle at the top-down widget and now it won't let me disable it from settings. It is greayed out at ON.

3) For me, enabling 2G only networks does stay after a reboot and it does not reset to default. Maybe it has to do with question 2?

4) I check the battery usage page via settings and I see that Cell Standby takes pretty much most my battery. I tested with and without SIM where there is good signal. Is this normal?

5) What's the name of this small app that automatically cleans the memory in the background, the one that was at bottom-right corner of Holo Launcher?

κaλημέρa!

Yes i tried, but i don't like ui (too similar iphone style!)

1) With Titanium Backup you can

2) Just graphic unsolvable bug: you must go to /settings/wireless & network/mobile network

3) No: in some device work right

4) Unfortunatey yes

5) Task Manager (inside rom)

Κaλή σaς μέρa κaι κaλή δουλειά

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest plutomaniac

Ha,ha google translator. Ok, Titanium Backup works great. I had to update SuperUser though.

1) If I set Available governors to Performance under SpicagenMod settings what impact will it have at battery and performace? I enabled it to have better performance and less battery drain. Should I disable it?

2) Also, although my current launcher i set as Home default (have verified that via manage programs), should I also enable Lock home in memory at SpicagenMod settings > Performace?

Basically, appart from Espier Launcher I don't want any other fancy stuff like animations etc.. I just want to make it run as fast as possible. Should I change something else for that?

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest spiderman1961

Ha,ha google translator. Ok, Titanium Backup works great. I had to update SuperUser though.

1) If I set Available governors to Performance under SpicagenMod settings what impact will it have at battery and performace? I enabled it to have better performance and less battery drain. Should I disable it?

2) Also, although my current launcher i set as Home default (have verified that via manage programs), should I also enable Lock home in memory at SpicagenMod settings > Performace?

Basically, appart from Espier Launcher I don't want any other fancy stuff like animations etc.. I just want to make it run as fast as possible. Should I change something else for that?

1) It would be better use setcpu with these settings: main: 800/66 conservative/sio; profile launcher 800/66 performance/deadline; profile screen off 166/66 conservative/sio (disable options in spicagenmod setting)

2) No it'slocked by script inside rom

3) Disable all inside spicagenmod settings/interface/animations

Guest plutomaniac

Ok, I didn't use setcpu eventually because it's not free so I cannot try it first and also your tweaks seem to be working great. You have done an amazing job with Twister, congratulations! I decided to do my own Image For Windows backup so that I can restore "my version" later on. Should I change any settings at the program before I procceed with Backup(Full)? Also since I don't care about WinMo do you happen to know a very light and fast rom that will boot faster before Haret?

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest spiderman1961

Ok, I didn't use setcpu eventually because it's not free so I cannot try it first and also your tweaks seem to be working great. You have done an amazing job with Twister, congratulations! I decided to do my own Image For Windows backup so that I can restore "my version" later on. Should I change any settings at the program before I procceed with Backup(Full)? Also since I don't care about WinMo do you happen to know a very light and fast rom that will boot faster before Haret?

-Just proceed with Backup (full)

-Fubo UltraLite: install first this and after b27

For procedure:

- Install drivers for windows xp/vista/7

- Once the drivers are installed, connect the phone with the supplied cable and let it read from active sync;

- Just recognized the phone open Octans downloader and fill these sections: eboot, MultiCSC (once put this file selected from the drop-down menu the following files: drop-down menu just above in language select your language and selected in the dropdown menu under CSC file select version depending on what you put Rom]), and moviNAND Phone;

- Now click detect and immediately turn off the phone, after seconds the phone will be read by the driver with the previously installed.

-Press the Start Downloading button: press and the update starts;

- At the top right you will see that at d 0 pda will move the bar ... it's normal ... during the flash tel will turn on a few times until asking display alignment or pin leave it ... and do not touch anything ... you can remove the cel when the bar next to pda0 see written something like job done.

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE FOR ANY REASON BEFORE THE END!

- At this point you can unplug the phone and turn it on;

- After display alignment you can (but not required) to do a hard reset by typing this sequence: * 2767 * 3855 #

Note: flash will delete all inside sd: data and Android (you must reinstall), so take backup

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest plutomaniac

Nice, everything works great. Even 2G stays enabled after reboot. It is very snappy and with Advanced Task Manager the memory cleaning becomes way more easy and automatic.

Guest plutomaniac

Hi spider:

1) If there is no SIM or the date is not set to automatic, it resets at every boot.

2) I had Holo uninstalled. If I install it now, will it work as you made it originally (you said that it is locked in memory via script)?

3) Same as question 2 but now for Task Manager 1.8.1

4) Is that name at Linux Swap normal? My partitions look like this.

5) At Wifi settings, can I remove the two AndroidAP networks?

6) Play Store updated to a latter version, should I uninstall the updates?

Edit: Never mind about 2,3. I was smart enough to do a hard reset at the completely stuck WinMo. I lost everything android-related. When I find the courage to start over I'd like to know 1,4,5 and 6 though.

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest spiderman1961

Hi spider:

1) If there is no SIM or the date is not set to automatic, it resets at every boot.

2) I had Holo uninstalled. If I install it now, will it work as you made it originally (you said that it is locked in memory via script)?

3) Same as question 2 but now for Task Manager 1.8.1

4) Is that name at Linux Swap normal? My partitions look like this.

5) At Wifi settings, can I remove the two AndroidAP networks?

6) Play Store updated to a latter version, should I uninstall the updates?

Edit: Never mind about 2,3. I was smart enough to do a hard reset at the completely stuck WinMo. I lost everything android-related. When I find the courage to start over I'd like to know 1,4,5 and 6 though.

1)Old bug (from first porting of o2droid team), look here

2)Every launcher is locked via script

3)no

4)yes: it's all ok

5)Which one?

6)If all work fine, no; otherwise yes and update it with your account

Guest jingang

with the first page:the v7 version link is bad.it shows "Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

can anyone upload "Rom_FrenkieDroid_v7.zip 158.54 MB"

thanks

Guest plutomaniac

with the first page:the v7 version link is bad.it shows "Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

can anyone upload "Rom_FrenkieDroid_v7.zip 158.54 MB"

thanks

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2080202

5) At WiFi settings there are two AndroidAP networks. Well, both of them. Are they needed?

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest darksilentwings

Hello again.

I was very happy to read about a new released image. Until now the v8 version is my choice for daily use. I tried the twister image for 2 days, but changed back to my previously saved v8 image. The twister look good and everything works (still with the exception of the camera), but it is so slow - I must call it unusable. Because of the great development improvementsand the feedback of other posts, I can not believe in problems of the twister relase. But why it does not work for me, even v8 works fine? Any idea? Should I create the partitions every time new, if I install a new image?

Guest spiderman1961

your link is 151.4m, but with the first page link 158.3m zip,so is there two version?different??thanks

No difference, only best compression; for this reason i didn't upload again

Guest spiderman1961

Hello again.

I was very happy to read about a new released image. Until now the v8 version is my choice for daily use. I tried the twister image for 2 days, but changed back to my previously saved v8 image. The twister look good and everything works (still with the exception of the camera), but it is so slow - I must call it unusable. Because of the great development improvementsand the feedback of other posts, I can not believe in problems of the twister relase. But why it does not work for me, even v8 works fine? Any idea? Should I create the partitions every time new, if I install a new image?

No you shouldn't!

But if you have all these issue, maybe it's better delete all partition and to do this:

With Minitool create:

• fat32 partition logical 300mb;
  • ext4 logical partition 1250mb;
  • linux swap partition logical with remaining space

With Ubuntu reformat ext4 and linux swap created under Minitool

Now with Image reinstall Twister; after installing do not operate, but REBOOT ANDROID

After rebooting you can operate

hey guys, i found a little trick to have a working clock, and sorry if this has already been posted, the only thing you need to do is to revert the time zone to GTM+0:00 (casablanca or dublin, doesn‘t matter) everytime before you turn off your phone, and when you turn it on again, return to your local time zone and that‘s it, the clock will keep running normally. Now you can add fancy clock widgets to your homescreen :P i recommend to use 360 launcher pro v4.3 , newer versions have redraw issues and this launcher runs on cache, not on ram. Hope it helps.

Sorry for my bad engliiiish.