Nexus 4, Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 refresh official!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Despite the cancellation of the event scheduled for today, Google has officially announced the Nexus 4, Nexus 10 and refreshed Nexus 7!

First up the Nexus 4

There's little that we don't know about the Nexus 4. It's a LG manufactured device featuring a 4.7" 1280x768 IPS display, 1.5GHz quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB RAM, an 8 Megapixel camera / 1.3 megapixel front facing camera and either 8GB or 16GB of storage. No microSD expansion of course. As we exclusively revealed, wireless charging is included for the 2100mah battery. Connectivity comes via Pentaband HSPA - no LTE here, but again, this is exactly what we expected. The device will ship with Android 4.2.

The Nexus 4 will be priced at $299 / $349 for 8GB / 16GB versions respectively, in the US, £239 / £279 in the UK.

Introducing the Nexus 10

The second addition to the Nexus stable is the Nexus 10. Again extensively leaked, the Samsung manufactured Nexus 10's headline features are the 2560x1600 display, ARM Cortex-A15 based Exynos CPU and quad-core Mali T604 GPU. As on the Nexus 4, 2GB RAM is on board and the device will ship with Android 4.2. A 5 megapixel camera / 1.9 megapixel front facing camera is included, all juiced up by a monster 9000mAh battery.

The Nexus 10 will be priced at $399 / $499 for 16GB / 32GB versions respectively, £319 / £389 in the UK. The device will be sold via the Google Play Store in the US, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada from November 13th.

Goodbye 8GB Nexus 7, hello 32GB!

The 8GB Nexus 7 is no more - replaced by the 16GB model at the low end and the 32GB at the high end.

The refreshed Nexus 7 will be priced at $199 / $249 for 16GB / 32GB versions respectivly, £159 / £199 in the UK. The device will be available in U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan.

The 3G Nexus 7 is finally confirmed

As revealed first here, Google has announced the 3G version of the Nexus 7. Called the 'Nexus 7 (32GB + Mobile)', the device features a pentaband HSPA+ modem but is otherwise identical to a regular Nexus 7.

The device will be priced at $299, £239 in the UK. The device will again be sold via the Google Play Store in the US, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, and Canada from November 13th.

nexii.png

Click here to view the item

Guest simonamc

The 8GB Nexus 4 looks good value, I'd bite thier hands off if it microsd but that's way too little storge for me.

What happened to the runours of multiple Nexus devices, is this it or are there perhaps more goodies to come?

Guest simonamc

No it doesn't have microSD

I know :( For some with unlimited data plans or good access to wifi then perhaps the clod is the answer but I'd prefer to have my media locally for now. Plus £40 for an extra 8GB seems a bit steep.

And that 16gb Nexus 4 prices makes my Galaxy Nexus worth what exactly??? Pennies methinks!! :(

In which case I guess I'd have to pay someone to take my Nexus S

Guest AshtonBRSC

Hate how companies price for US and UK

I don't think the differences in price are as bad as they used to be.

And too many people forget UK prices include VAT which is higher now than ever before.

Guest comicbookguy

Shouldn't logic dictate that the Nexus 4 be the Nexus 4.7?

I'm presuming there will be room for a "Nexus 5" (Note competitor) and the numbers will stay the same when the next gen Nexus 4, 5, 7 and 10 come around....Put me in the queue for a 16gb Nexus 4, and hope i can get £150 for my GNex......and the possibility of a decently priced 12 or 18 month contract

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest everett_psycho

Damnit. I said no more lg and they go and do this. Looms great for the cash though and with Google doing the software it removes the department letting lg down

The 8GB Nexus 4 looks good value, I'd bite thier hands off if it microsd but that's way too little storge for me.

What happened to the runours of multiple Nexus devices, is this it or are there perhaps more goodies to come?

Nexus 4, Nexus 10. I think that's what the multiple Nexus device rumors were about! Rather than multiple Nexus phone manufactures.

Guest everett_psycho
Will the nexus 4 come with a wireless charging dock?

I doubt it, on the play store under what's in the box it says USB synch/charge cable, ac adapter and cable. They seem to barely be mentioning the wireless charging. You would think they'd put this in all 3 devices so you could charge them all using one generic pad,

Guest comicbookguy

why no expandable memory... its a total deal barker for me...

gutted as i would of had the nexus 4 all day long at that price :(

But the cheap phone price will make unlimited data plan contracts very reasonable....

Good thing I waited with upgrading my phone. I'm getting Nexus 4 16 gig as soon as I can. Christmas come early, boys and girls.

I feel a tiny bit tempted to just pay peanuts for the GNex, but... what's the point... :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.