So... which Nexus(') are you buying?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ChrisPNE

I'm assuming the low price is to allow very cheap unlimited data contracts. Or to allow more people to afford the phone sim free...

Still flawed by poor coverage in buildings, underground and rural areas for example.

Guest shootomanUK

"A couple"? 2,000 5MB MP3 files can fit in 10Gb, so you're sliiiiightly exaggerating ;)

i have 16gb in my osd but there is only 10gb usable after they installed the operating system, 16gb is small storage nowadays and the price of flash memory is cheap enough to have atleast 32gb built in for the extra £'s

yeah maybe exaggerating but you know what i mean.

i think its a money making thing, people will end up buying the phone then a few month later they will bring another revision out with an SDslot and a few gimmicks, just like they are bringing another nexus 7 out with a sim card slot.

Guest Zarch1972

You know what, after a few days contemplation, I think i'm actually going to sit tight and hold onto my Galaxy Nexus for a bit.

1) apart from a spec bump, the 16gb Nexus 4 is going to cause me the same capacity headaches as my 16gb Galaxy Nexus. I really need 32gb.

2) Is the camera all that? Apart from the space issue the only other improvement i'd want is a class leading camera, does it have one or have they compromised to fit into the budget?

As it stands, my GN is still a top notch performer for me. Its not really showing its age (1 year old) and for what I use it for, it just needs a bit more space and a better camera.

Obviously this is all until the reviews start coming out and I see the phone in the flesh!! LOL! :)

Guest masterpfa

Christmas will come early in my household I shall be getting

1. Nexus 4 16Gb

2.Nexus 7 3G to replace my 16Gb model.

Don't get me wrong I love my Galaxy Nexus and had no intention of upgrading as I feel it is a more than capable device, but being a Gadget Junkie and the price of the Nexus 4.

Google you acting like a pusher, you know I wouldn't be able to resist

:angry2:

P.S.

I do like the Nexus 10 but see no need for it in my set up.

Guest masterpfa

Great specs for the price but letdown by the absence of a MicroSD slot.

When will the manufacturers realise that not everybody has an unlimited data plan and/or continuous coverage?

Cloud storage is great for accessing important documents but Google Music isn't the answer for everyone just now.

I agree not everyone has unlimited data or wifi needed for cloud services, but neither does everyone require to carry all their music and video library with them either. I have approx 1Gb of music on my Galaxy Nexus along with 1Gb of movies. Most of my time is spent either at home or work so in my situation I am near wifi/data so I can stream from my NAS drive if needs be or otherwise I carry additional content on a USB stick and use via an OTG cable if I am going to be away from a suitable data source

Prior to getting the Gnex I would carry approx the same amount of content on an SD card so no change for me as I have never seen the need to have all of my media library with me at all times especially as my entire library is approx 150Gb+ plus no currently available combination of on board/expandable storage is available to manage all these files. I therefore, have had to be selective before and manage what I carry around with me, nothing has changed now.

I accept others do feel the need to carry more and are completely entitled to make that choice, but don't expect manufacturers to support your same views.

Still flawed by poor coverage in buildings, underground and rural areas for example.

Granted but it does allow more people to afford the phone SIM free...

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong I would have loved a 64Gb version of this phone along with external SD support up to 64Gb.

Guest ChrisPNE

I agree not everyone has unlimited data or wifi needed for cloud services, but neither does everyone require to carry all their music and video library with them either. I have approx 1Gb of music on my Galaxy Nexus along with 1Gb of movies. Most of my time is spent either at home or work so in my situation I am near wifi/data so I can stream from my NAS drive if needs be or otherwise I carry additional content on a USB stick and use via an OTG cable if I am going to be away from a suitable data source

Prior to getting the Gnex I would carry approx the same amount of content on an SD card so no change for me as I have never seen the need to have all of my media library with me at all times especially as my entire library is approx 150Gb+ plus no currently available combination of on board/expandable storage is available to manage all these files. I therefore, have had to be selective before and manage what I carry around with me, nothing has changed now.

I accept others do feel the need to carry more and are completely entitled to make that choice, but don't expect manufacturers to support your same views.

Granted but it does allow more people to afford the phone SIM free...

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong I would have loved a 64Gb version of this phone along with external SD support up to 64Gb.

All completely valid views.

It just pisses me off that people defend Google's decision to leave out something so cheap as a micro SD slot. It's clearly just a commercial decision to rip people off for extra storage be it now with the 16GB version or in a few months with a 32GB version.

For years expandable storage has been a good reason to buy an Android device instead of getting ripped off by Apple. Sadly it seems Google want to change this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.