The Official 'I bricked my San Diego' Thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Did you brick your Orange San Diego recently? I did so my phone is currently on it's way to the top secret repair facility.

Did anyone else end up having to send the phone off for repair? How long did it take? How did you cope without it?

Orange gave me a loan phone.. a really really really basic Samsung flip phone lol.

Life without Android is hard :(

Top tip: Don't flash any updates to your phone unless they come from the Orange or Xolo websites. Even if they are user builds with the correct keys they will bugger your phone up. I found that out yesterday.

Guest rickywyatt

lol witch rom did you flash hope you didt flash that test rom I gave you because it has a unsigned recovery boot and fastboot witch means full brick

Guest Simon O

Nope I flashed an updated Orange UK ICS ROM I found that has been signed with device keys and was a user build so it should had worked. but it didn't. Something properly upset it. I'm wondering if it's because I flashed a different logo image to get rid of the Orange logo and that messed something up? Shouldn't do but.. meh.

Good job I made a full Android backup before I flashed. when I get the phone replaced I'll restore it all :D

Guest CyanideDroid

Did you brick your Orange San Diego recently? I did so my phone is currently on it's way to the top secret repair facility.

Did anyone else end up having to send the phone off for repair? How long did it take? How did you cope without it?

Orange gave me a loan phone.. a really really really basic Samsung flip phone lol.

Life without Android is hard :(

Top tip: Don't flash any updates to your phone unless they come from the Orange or Xolo websites. Even if they are user builds with the correct keys they will bugger your phone up. I found that out yesterday.

Me too!

My OSD got sent in for repairs due to the battery, however.

Nope I flashed an updated Orange UK ICS ROM I found that has been signed with device keys and was a user build so it should had worked.

wait, what?!

How close are you clever people to bringing us custom roms? Where did you get those keys?

I've not logged on here for about a week. What else did I miss??

Guest Simon O

yep that. and I cannot share the place I got them for obvious reasons. No Jelly Bean roms anyway :(

Gahh.. hate waiting for the phone to be fixed. Orange said it could take weeks :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rickywyatt

he used the patched xolo update witch kill recovery its also changed fastboot so you can't flash old recovery any more he made the biggest mistake by formating system

Guest technomole

he used the patched xolo update witch kill recovery its also changed fastboot so you can't flash old recovery any more he made the biggest mistake by formating system

Okay, glad I didn't choose that option then, when I was messing about with it, really must try and learn more about adb and such like.

The worst thing is I have an xolo logo and I cannot full brick it :wacko: tried everything, flashed kboots, fastboots, recoveries, all from other devices mind.

Typical, you want to brick and you cant :angry: :(

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am back, I got fix brick to work after flashing K800 files, or maybe fixbrick worked as I done it while in bootloader whereas before I done it while at logo ?

Either way........Amen to fixbrick!

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Phew. Now next time don't format system!

Only time you will get 100% brick is by flashing a non-production bootloader. Like I did. :(

btw ricky somebody previously flashed with the update and fixed recovery by booting into bootloader and fastbooting the images over and wiping cache. Or did I read it wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

If you are bricked to the point you cannot boot then, go into bootloader mode and start AIO for fix brick, kill adb server with task manager and the tool will start sending update.

Edited by Guest

Guest mickael

I solve my brick with the tools that i post the link .

I don't understand why AIO Tools don't work , but probably because i don't kill adb server with task manager .

My phone work fine but i don't know why deodexed xolo rom brick my phone , before i flash ICS Xolo and ROOT

Guest BlueMoonRising

I solve my brick with the tools that i post the link .

I don't understand why AIO Tools don't work , but probably because i don't kill adb server with task manager .

My phone work fine but i don't know why deodexed xolo rom brick my phone , before i flash ICS Xolo and ROOT

As long as you kill adb in task manager and restart the tool in between each option you should be fine.