patiently waiting for cm9/10

Guest yaqh

Guest Ludak021

"holding back on release"

holding, smholding...hundreds of people run his CM9 but he is "holding"... Sure, they dont run the final version (if there will ever be such a thing) but they seem happy with it. People resort to "piracy" to get ahold of cm9 at this point which is utterly stupid. And most of so called Dazzozo's "spokesmen" got the CM9 beta and are telling others to wait. How noble of them...to say anything at all. /irony

just sayin'

Guest bladebuddy
"holding back on release"

holding, smholding...hundreds of people run his CM9 but he is "holding"... Sure, they dont run the final version (if there will ever be such a thing) but they seem happy with it. People resort to "piracy" to get ahold of cm9 at this point which is utterly stupid. And most of so called Dazzozo's "spokesmen" got the CM9 beta and are telling others to wait. How noble of them...to say anything at all. /irony

just sayin'

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.

The way it is , and has always been, is a build is released and the hundreds of people who use there phones in a different way to the developer , relay there problems with the build in order to sort the problems out, that's how it gets fixed.

All I see here is members asking for e.t.a's on when the rom will be released, with annoying replies quoting why you shouldn't ask for e.t.a's. On top of that " I have the rom and its better then infusion" quotes ! Its shocking and you're acting like idiots.

All I can say is you all must be very board.

What I would like you all to see. Imagine you're a new member looking to install CM10/9 and you read the threads on here , which will take all day or two. You then find out there is no rom / release just a load of bulls--t.

You should know better!

Guest Davidoff59

The 18th Oct release has the wifi bug switching on or off wifi. Not a problem for me, I just leave it on, no noticeable drain on battery. The notification light also doesn't flash but its Ben my daily for about a week now. Next release will be great as even this is perfectly usable and better than stock ics.

Guest Frankish

Can't wait to use it then I only just actually switched roms today because of the sms issue. The data issue didn't really bother me that much either!

Guest ChrisPNE

18th October release my 3g drops out and requires a reboot and my sms fail to send way too often. Still used it as a daily for ages though.

The 18th Oct release has the wifi bug switching on or off wifi. Not a problem for me, I just leave it on, no noticeable drain on battery. The notification light also doesn't flash but its Ben my daily for about a week now. Next release will be great as even this is perfectly usable and better than stock ics.

+1

Besides these issues it's a fantastic ROM.

Head and shoulders above any other G300 ROM.

Fixed :P

And this is why you have no release yet. As a personal friend of Daz, I can tell you he is stickler for quality. If he does it, it's done properly. You want to know why there are no ETA's and no releases?

It is not done.

If it is not in a state that Daz is happy with, he is not going to release it for mass consumption. As previously stated in this thread, there is an IRC channel where builds will probably provided if you are aware that there will be issues and are willing to put up with them and report them. It isn't rocket science.

Mentions of "holding it back" make it sound like he has it done, just is refusing to give it to anyone, when this is not the case. It just isnt ready yet.

If you dont want to pay for something you dont currently have, dont donate until it has been released for public consumption. It's as simple as that. Its your money, it's entirely voluntary. Making demands is going to do precisely nothing.

Edited by Wanyal

Guest bladebuddy

And this is why you have no release yet. As a personal friend of Daz, I can tell you he is stickler for quality. If he does it, it's done properly. You want to know why there are no ETA's and no releases?

It is not done.

If it is not in a state that Daz is happy with, he is not going to release it for mass consumption. As previously stated in this thread, there is an IRC channel where builds will probably provided if you are aware that there will be issues and are willing to put up with them and report them. It isn't rocket science.

Mentions of "holding it back" make it sound like he has it done, just is refusing to give it to anyone, when this is not the case. It just isnt ready yet.

If you dont want to pay for something you dont currently have, dont donate until it has been released for public consumption. It's as simple as that. Its your money, it's entirely voluntary. Making demands is going to do precisely nothing.

Then why say nearly a week ago you're going to release cm9 then have countless people asking for e.t.a's and loads of replies saying not to ask for them . Truly would it not be best to have a rom ready for release before doing so.

Then why say nearly a week ago you're going to release cm9 then have countless people asking for e.t.a's and loads of replies saying not to ask for them . Truly would it not be best to have a rom ready for release before doing so.

He said it is coming. That is all. He was making you aware of the situation, before anyone complains he is releasing 9 and not 10. What did he get in return? Complaints.

If you want any more detail, I suggest you read the post you quoted again.

I am waiting for a release just like anyone else. Until then, I still have a functioning device that I can use, and have used on a daily basis for 5 months.

"Patience is a virtue."

Guest Al_1604

If I thought that 'slipping Daz a tenner via PayPal' would get this ROM out I'd probably send £20 straight away. If I thought that his efforts, so far, were worth sending a donation I would (to show appreciation and keep him aware of our support for what he's doing), I probably will as it happens.

Devs 'donate' their time largely for the benefit of others, sometimes a little donation shows enough support to keep them going on a specific project. Asking for ETAs is a bit like demanding a finished product when it just isn't finished, these things take time and unforeseen issues can turn up just when least expected. No need for gushing or brown-nosing, and definitely no point in whinging and whining, just give the dev a chance to get on with it and release the next version when he's sufficiently happy that it's worth doing so.

I'd love to have the skills that are possessed by the few, I don't so I will be patient (as long as Daz 'hurries the f**k up with the next release' /JK /coat) :o :P :D :)

Edited by Al_1604

Guest bladebuddy

He said it is coming. That is all. He was making you aware of the situation, before anyone complains he is releasing 9 and not 10. What did he get in return? Complaints.

If you want any more detail, I suggest you read the post you quoted again.

I am waiting for a release just like anyone else. Until then, I still have a functioning device that I can use, and have used on a daily basis for 5 months.

"Patience is a virtue."

Trust me you don't need to tell me "patients is a virtue" as I used and deleted cm9 a long time ago.

It would be nice to see it working on this phone but I won't loose sleep without it.

Trust me you don't need to tell me "patients is a virtue" as I used and deleted cm9 a long time ago.

It would be nice to see it working on this phone but I won't loose sleep without it.

Why are you making such a fuss about it then?

Guest hippy dave

my personal, polite, request would be... a mailing list we can sign up for, so when daz releases something he can drop us a quick email to let us know it's ready and waiting :) i'm happy to wait patiently, but checking back here for it regularly means wading through pages of this bickering :)

Guest unaszplodrmann

Dave, a status message is displayed when you join the IRC channel, providing a little status info. Logging in every now and again will keep you abreast. There isn't a progress bar for people to stare at (and that is essentially what is repeatedly asked for), but if you log in yu'll knw that it is either ready, or that it is not.

Guest Malthus
Asking for ETAs is a bit like demanding a finished product when it just isn't finished

Not really. It's more like asking for an estimation of when it will be finished (surprising enough). If there are too many variables to give a semi-reliable ballpark estimate then it's simple enough to just state as much (and ideally let someone associated with development answer it themselves), rather than being a suck-up and scolding people for daring to ask such a thing.

Edited by Malthus

Guest Dellboy2012

If the reason for not releasing rom updates (which are deffinitely better than the one in the OP of CM10 thread) is to avoid hundreds of posts about found issues, this way for sure you get hundreds of posts from people who would love to try it. So, the final product is the same - hundreds of useless posts.

Guest bladebuddy

To quote you're words " the post I quoted on"