Advice needed - 'Out of Space' error

Guest Geoff2

Apologies for starting a new thread on an often-discussed topic: I've searched for an answer on here and on Google, but I've only succeeded in confusing myself.

My problem: I'm trying to install a Sat Nav app (CoPilot Live Premium) but I'm getting an 'Out of space...free up some space and try again' message.

I've previously had this app installed on my G300 using 3 other ROMS (Official Gingerbread, Custom ICS and now official UK ICS) and it hasn't caused any problems. I always move my apps to SD (using Titanium Backup) and the phone has always seemed snappy and never given me any other memory warnings. Apparently, I have 2.02GB available of my 2.02GB internal storage. I have 27.57GB available on my 28.9GB SD card.

The problem arose when I started reloading my apps after having accidentally re-installed the Official UK ICS (by clicking on 'Software Upgrade' in the 'Storage Settings' menu.) I've tried reinstalling this app several times and this always happens. I've formatted my SD card and erased internal storage, but no joy. All the other Apps seems fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

In the end I managed to install it by erasing both SD cards and doing a factory reset. I then installed CoPilot first, and have just completed the painful job of reinstalling the rest of my apps and data - I'm having a bad day as it's the fourth time I've done this in 24hrs!

I presume it was a problem with the CoPilot App - I have 451MB of internal memory left (as well as over 30GB on the SD cards.) It's been a frustrating day, but I've got the phone all nicely sorted now so I can forget about it - at least until a ground-breaking new ROM comes out.

Guest Hoggonator

I now get this (on 944 Cyda Rom) if I install an APK 'manually', anything from the Store installs fine?? Weird

Fixing Permissions in CWM does not resolve.

Edited by Hoggonator