How to DISABLE roaming warnings on ICS / ACER Gallant?

Guest Abducted

Guest Abducted

Hi i have an ACER Liquid Gallant Solo E350 with ICS as the OS. Today i switched network provider from T-Mobile to Tele2 (The Netherlands).

Tele2 doesn't have their own network but uses the T-Mobile network, so now my phone thinks i'm roaming all the time. On the Tele2 website i already noticed you have to enable data roaming to get internet to work. Not a real problem there, just have to remember to disable it when going to another country.

However whenever i make a call i get a roaming warning message! And i get this message every time i make call!

I read about roaming guard build into ICS, but for some reason it's not under my mobile network settings. I tried an app from the app store that is supposed to unlock hidden settings (for HTC phones from what i understand) but that didn't work, not compatible it said.

So is there a way to disable these roaming warning messages? (my phone is rooted)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem in Belgium (telenet uses the Mobistar Network)

Selecting the provider manually instead of automatically does not help.

Acer Support does not seem to understand the problem.

Roaming services option in the Sim Card app does not work on my phone.

Additional practical consequence : the roaming warning keeps me from using this phone in the car with the built in car kit for outgoing calls.

Any ideas to turn those warning messages off are appreciated.

Edited by vozmed

Guest ozfunghi

Telenet user here as well, i don't know if you tried this, but when i go to my settings, and chose SIM-beheer (management) and scroll down in the next optionscreen, i get "algemene instellingen" (general settings) under which you find "roaming". When you click that, you can chose to disable the roaming warnings.

I'm on the Gallant Duo though.

Telenet user here as well, i don't know if you tried this, but when i go to my settings, and chose SIM-beheer (management) and scroll down in the next optionscreen, i get "algemene instellingen" (general settings) under which you find "roaming". When you click that, you can chose to disable the roaming warnings.

I'm on the Gallant Duo though.

thank you for your reply.

On the E350 Android 4.0.3 kernel version 3.0.13 , there is a roaming services option in the Sim card App (containing Roaming Services, Emergency numbers and Language). Unfortunately, the item Roaming Services can be pressed, but nothing happens.

best regards

Guy

Guest ozfunghi

thank you for your reply.

On the E350 Android 4.0.3 kernel version 3.0.13 , there is a roaming services option in the Sim card App (containing Roaming Services, Emergency numbers and Language). Unfortunately, the item Roaming Services can be pressed, but nothing happens.

best regards

Guy

Yes, I had to do it through the regular phone settings > SIM, and not the SIM app. On the Acer Stock ROM (same kernel as you).

Say, could you test something for me? I'm having trouble with bluetooth in my car kit as described here:

If you have a car kit, could you try this out if the problem is universal (which i think it is) and report back in that topic?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I had to do it through the regular phone settings > SIM, and not the SIM app. On the Acer Stock ROM (same kernel as you).

Say, could you test something for me? I'm having trouble with bluetooth in my car kit as described here: http://www.modaco.co...over-bluetooth/

If you have a car kit, could you try this out if the problem is universal (which i think it is) and report back in that topic?

I'll test it this weekend and report back to this forum.