camera iso translation

Guest parvata

Guest parvata

Hi,

Any digital camera experts here? Does anyone know how to translate the camera app's ISO number to a structure that can be passed on to the camera sensor? Is mt9p012_set_pict_exp_gain() or mt9p012_write_exp_gain() in the camera driver used for this exposure? If anyone knows please do let me know. Thanks.

Guest alboz83

Hi parvata, i tried to fix videocamera in CM7.2 and i did with this method:

Take this files from LiquidNext 1.9.2

- /system/etc/media_profiles.xml

- /system/lib/liboemcamera.so

- /system/lib/libOmxCore.so

- /system/lib/libOmxVdec.so

- /system/lib/libOmxWmaDec.so

- /system/lib/libOmxWmvDec.so

Now delete this files from CM7.2 (i tried with CM7.2 v2). There is other files libOmx*.so, delete all.

Push the files with adb or root explorer (changing permits in rw-r--r--) and reboot.

In CM9 don't works but maybe might be useful

Guest parvata

Hi alboz83,

Thanks for the reply. The changes look like they apply to video recording specific. Actually I am looking for still pictures. Also I believe the liboemcamera.so (md5sum 4449c7e27dd4ee18fbdd7ade3d2fe9c9) is the same regardless of which ROM you are using. I verified that the md5sum for the oemcamera library is the same for cm9. Your post will be helpful once I start working on video capture. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest parvata

yes, made some progress. Can capture pictures with library compiled from source. However, still trying to get zoom working. Appears you need some algorithm to implement the zoom feature. This algorithm is qualcomm proprietary. Even the ISO looks like the same way. But can make it to work with a default ISO. Implemented touch to focus. Currently working on camcorder. Spent a lot of days pulling my hair to get the zoom and iso without any +ve results. Also mailed the acer kernel devs. without any response :(.

Guest alboz83

yes, made some progress. Can capture pictures with library compiled from source. However, still trying to get zoom working. Appears you need some algorithm to implement the zoom feature. This algorithm is qualcomm proprietary. Even the ISO looks like the same way. But can make it to work with a default ISO. Implemented touch to focus. Currently working on camcorder. Spent a lot of days pulling my hair to get the zoom and iso without any +ve results. Also mailed the acer kernel devs. without any response :(.

Thank for your works, i hope to have the camera and camcorder working well. But now, without zoom, works better? Because i never used zoom

Guest parvata

Thank for your works, i hope to have the camera and camcorder working well. But now, without zoom, works better? Because i never used zoom

I wouldn't say it works better or worse but it is comparable. I think once I get camcorder working you can see some difference. In camera there is not much you can do except some minor tweaks. Because of the proprietary qualcomm algorithms that I mentioned earlier. I really wish I had the zoom working because that was the main reason I took up this work :unsure: .

Edited by parvata

Guest alboz83

We all hope in a camera and camcorder working well. I would try to fix camcorder but my fix for cm7.2 don't works and i don't know what to do.

With a good camera and camcorder, CM9 would be almost perfect

Guest parvata

up

can you tell us what you meant? If you did not notice I have started making check-ins to the libcamera source into thepasto's github. All the code is there now. Only thing is you need to include the Android.mk file in the right location and then replace the generated libcamera.so file in /system/lib and reboot android. At the moment you can capture pictures and also record video. However camcorder is very slow and when the ISO is set to Auto mode the thumbnail preview has a green tint. The picture is fine though. When you change the ISO to 400 all is well. So, have patience. I am working on fixing these. I will also be checking in some kernel changes that I have had for a long time. These changes will improve the battery life a bit. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by parvata

Guest ccorasaaa

can you tell us what you meant? If you did not notice I have started making check-ins to the libcamera source into thepasto's github. All the code is there now. Only thing is you need to include the Android.mk file in the right location and then replace the generated libcamera.so file in /system/lib and reboot android. At the moment you can capture pictures and also record video. However camcorder is very slow and when the ISO is set to Auto mode the thumbnail preview has a green tint. The picture is fine though. When you change the ISO to 400 all is well. So, have patience. I am working on fixing these. I will also be checking in some kernel changes that I have had for a long time. These changes will improve the battery life a bit. Let me know if you have any questions.

i think ccorasaa mean is thumb up!

i am looking forward on this improment, too.

up = "thumb up!"

Parvata you are great! I'll donate to you ;)