Gaming on the Huawei ascend g300

Guest Mrtransformer124

Guest Mrtransformer124

hi guys i just got the ascend g300, is wondering what 3D games(first person shooters preferlebly) will run on it. and also do you have to flash any sorts of custom roms or do things like overclocking and performance tweaks? help would be much apprieciated :)

Guest thepolodoc

hi guys i just got the ascend g300, is wondering what 3D games(first person shooters preferlebly) will run on it. and also do you have to flash any sorts of custom roms or do things like overclocking and performance tweaks? help would be much apprieciated :)

if you are going to upgrade to ICS gaming performance isnt going to be the best because at the moment there is no roms which have Hardware acceleration enabled!

Guest unaszplodrmann

if you are going to upgrade to ICS gaming performance isnt going to be the best because at the moment there is no roms which have Hardware acceleration enabled!

Incorrect. Please don't spread misinformation.

Guest Dazzozo

This is not how games work on Android.

I think the games work less well on ics to to the way the game was wrote causing comparability issues?

No doubt someone will correct me if im wrong :mellow:

i am running infusion b04 right now, with genokolars oc kernel, since infusion has some trouble with ram management (my old wildfire with its 384mb ram and kang cm9 was doing in this way much better i think) i would recommend to reboot phone before playing more demanding games like contract killer or six guns..i have no idea about fps, but especially after reboot they are playable ;)

and why ppl wonder that gb is more smooth than ics??look at min specs of them both and try to think a little...i am sure you will get a conclusion...

Guest krishang3

Just bought NFS most wanted 1.91 GB fairly big for a graphic intense game . And this works smooth on my latest build of JCS no lags or ui rendering problems.... on b1 u couldn't see the radar map speed etc but now everything is good

Guest Mrtransformer124

@krishang what is ur build number?

Just bought NFS most wanted 1.91 GB fairly big for a graphic intense game . And this works smooth on my latest build of JCS no lags or ui rendering problems.... on b1 u couldn't see the radar map speed etc but now everything is good

• 5 weeks later...
Guest G-razer

Having come from an Android phone with no GPU onboard, I've only got a few days of trying out games on such a small platform since years/decades ago using a PocketPc, or Sega Gear handheld. I've got the Stock+ custom rom with cpu set to 1.22ghz. Having not seen that topend games are going to work well on this unit, and not really wanting to play FPS's I've been looking at other, lower quality games that are innovative or remind me of fun games I used to play. I have a gaming desktop where I play FPS's online only for the community, my needs for gaming on my phone are generally waiting for appointments, before I go to sleep, etc. That said, here's my experiences so far:

'Temple Run', that I've seen pop up as a popular game, lags quite frequently, causing far too many frustrating deaths.

'Subway Surfer' is colourful and fun and similar to Temple Run, but likewise lagging that leads to unfortunate deaths.

I found a Star Wars type clone on Play that reminded me of old days gaming, the X-Wing type games, called 'Alpha Squadron'. Couldn't resist myself :) There's a bit of lag every so often, and audio break up, and the game must be installed to internal not the SD card or won't load levels (it's only 44megs) bit of a battery drain too, but the onscreen analogue controller and simple firing and boost make for a bit of fun much like I remember in the past and I'm happy with it (only finished level 2 so far)

'Sprinkle' is a fun little game at first, then gets tiresome. Runs smooth though

'Grabatron' seems to me themed like 'Destroy All Humans'. Runs smooth. It can be a right laugh, although awkward to be tipping the phone about and still managing to press the screen to use the grabber, bit of a fumbler. It appeals to me in grabbing cars and and rocks and smashing it into everything, or grabbing humans and launching them through the air screaming to splat on the ground. I can see that staying on the phone.

'Jewels' (Bejeweled clone) run fairly smooth and remind me of the fun I used to have with the original on my old PocketPC so i'm happy with it now I've jumped from my last phone that lagged so badly I couldn't play it.

'Train Crisis HD lite' has some amazing graphics and audio, but it crashes far too often, and there's some lagging that can create frustration. Other reviewers have also pointed out issues I've had (which are programmer issues, not the phone) also with needing to download levels after installing the game, which sometimes seizes the phone needing you to yank the battery. I may try putting the game onto internal storage later, although concerned about the growing storage necessary for the downloading of levels on top of the game.

'Radiant Defence' is a tower defence game that is quite cartoon like and has a stroyline, but very visually dark and because of this I'm not liking it as much as I like some other tower defence games that worked on my last u8160 phone without a GPU. It's all down to playability really at the end of the day.

EDIT: Totally forgot. I've shoved the class 4 SD card in my new phone from my last, slower phone. I wonder, since I've used Link2SD to put installed software by default to the card if this has lowered my gaming results.........

Edited by G-razer