[22/07/2013] Eco CM7 - A minimalist cm7 build

Guest jventura

Guest reluctant_traveller

have known bugs ?..

can someone state some bugs please ^_^

i want to use CM7..

CM9 and CM10 lots of bugs

Why not just read the topic, it's only 6 pages.

It seems the same as Fahad mentioned. Are you both in the same network? Which network do you use?

If you or someone else is having the same problem can you send me a logcat after the problem starts to occur?

To create a logcat:

Open terminal application

- su

- logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Post the logcat.txt file here..

I'm in Orange Poland network. I'm sending logcat after mms receive (or data connection) fail.

logcat.zip

Guest sanrules

For me is not working properly. I mean, my battery died in a few hours. I installed it on Thursday, full wipes etc., I've charged full, and in 6 hours battery was at 20%. I used just for whatsapp and just for 10 min. Most time was with screen off. No wifi, no 3g,no Bluetooth, no GPS, no sync... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I had other roms, and battery last the whole day, or two.

Sandra

Guest jventura

For me is not working properly. I mean, my battery died in a few hours. I installed it on Thursday, full wipes etc., I've charged full, and in 6 hours battery was at 20%. I used just for whatsapp and just for 10 min. Most time was with screen off. No wifi, no 3g,no Bluetooth, no GPS, no sync... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I had other roms, and battery last the whole day, or two.

Sometimes the ROMs get "stuck", and need a reboot. It is not usual, but occurs sometimes.. CHeck this post, specifically the "My phone is still draining too much battery, what can I do:". When you check that your phone is not deep-sleeping, just reset it.. As I said, it is not usual to occur, but sometimes it happens, even in stock roms..

With my usage, the battery lasts about 4 to 5 days..

hi, i wanted to downgrade my cm10 to this eco cm7, how to install it? and what do i need to do first before installing cm7 eco?

Install the same way as you installed cm10, using clockworkmod (cwm). Just make sure you wipe your data and caches in cwm, since the data of the system applications is not compatible between cm10 and cm7..

Yes.

Ok, thanks for the logcat. I've seen it and didn't detect the problem from there. But I'll look better.

By the way, have you already used Eco cm9? If you do/did, did you find the same problem there?

Guest asiarieljhenjay

Install the same way as you installed cm10, using clockworkmod (cwm). Just make sure you wipe your data and caches in cwm, since the data of the system applications is not compatible between cm10 and cm7..

tnx for the reply, already did it, it even fix the bug from my cam. tnx alot.

Guest jventura

Yes, the same problem occurs in Eco CM9.

Hum.. The problem is definitely on your side!

I would say it is something with the APN... Go to Settings > More > Mobile Networks > APN, and check you mms apn. Can you check with your mobile operator (website or through support) if it is the same?

Guest azidhaka

jventura, can you please remember if you have removed any fonts (or changed freetype settings) in your ROM? The problem i am having is with chosing fonts in the many ebook readers i've tried. No matter what font i chose, i still see the same font . It looks to me like the app can't load the font and reverts back to the generic Droid.

Guest jventura

jventura, can you please remember if you have removed any fonts (or changed freetype settings) in your ROM? The problem i am having is with chosing fonts in the many ebook readers i've tried. No matter what font i chose, i still see the same font . It looks to me like the app can't load the font and reverts back to the generic Droid.

Hi there, I have not changed any of the fonts.. Those fonts you try to change to, are system fonts, or ebook/app fonts?

I don't know in detail how E-Reader apps work, but I have a Sony E-Reader and I've seen that in some ebooks, sometimes I try to change the font and they don't change. That usually happens when the ebook itself is shipping with a default font. In those cases, I use SIGIL (a PC desktop application), and remove all text formating of the ebook, so I can use the system fonts.

Does your problem happen in all ebooks or just a few like my case?

Guest azidhaka

Thank you for looking into this.

They are not system fonts (example fonts: Vollkorn, Neuton and Ubuntu, example apps: Aldiko, Fabrik and FBReader) and are instead supplied with the ebook readers. Also, publisher formatting is off on all apps in order to change the font style. I've decided to ask you about that, because i did not had any problems with changing fonts in CM10 and CM10.1.

It is really only a minor inconvenience, because i can still read after all.

Thank you for your work on this ROM!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest zamiere

Hi!

Can you create a DSP patch? I already use the default launcher patch on 7.2 CM, it's a great idea, and like the Eco CM7, just DPS is missing. :) Please! :)

Guest probals

Hi Joao,

Using this ROM these days. Somehow CM7 behaves best on my Blade - It's back to the stone age for me. ;)

Anyway, one quirk that I have been noticing. When the low battery alert comes up (@14%), the phone switches on GPS and tries to get a lock. Simultaneously, the phone network (2G / 3G) gets lost. I need to reboot the phone to get the phone network on again.

Nothing major, but just thought I'd let you know. Great stable ROM.

P

• 2 weeks later...