Themes For Deodexed Xolo

Guest i am not a hacker

For general information, why does the UOT Kitchen not work with the San Diego ROMs? On my Blade I always used to change the way dialogue boxes enter the screen, but can't do that since switching to newer phones.

1 reason is that our bootloader is unlocked so we won't be able to sign and flash the zips that we would have made with the UOT

Just a quick question, gonna port my CM7 theme over to this but just interested what sort of signing you need to do with the apk's? Do you sign them at all or just leave them unsigned? Surely you could use the UTO kitchen by just copying the images from your chosen theme, then zipping systemui back up yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

You have to wipe the data first to do it

err.. you sure of that? I've not used the option but I can't see why you would need to wipe your data just to apply a theme.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Flibblesan said you can only do it on a fresh installation.

I thought that was in relation to his option in the AIO tool that removes and replaces some of the system apps, I'll see if I can find it again.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Ahh, think I've found what you were thinking of :-

"The deodex packs should only be used on a fresh installation of Xolo ICS. If not then you'll find that your phone won't boot. You can fix it by going into recovery and wiping data though."

So, no you don't need to wipe your data if it's a fresh install of Xolo ICS. If it deodexes fine(or already has) then you can theme to your hearts content, of course if it doesn't deodex for some reason then you may need to go into recovery and wipe data.