[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest intensedarkness

Thanks for the ROM and congrats on this release - you've put Huawei and Vodafone to shame.

Got the WiFi crash very consistently though. Hope the following helps:

- Went from stock B888 to stock B892, then to stock B936, using update.app method

- Flashed CWM 4.x and installed B940, B944, S3 ROM, and Infusion

- Between ROMs, always always did a CWM factory reset wipe, and for good measure unmounted and formatted system and cust

- Never had the WiFi crash until now

- Battery pulled, booted up, WiFi was on

- Did some testing: WiFi crash happens with and without mobile data turned on.

- WiFi crash only happens when turning WiFi on (not when turning off)

- Auto reboot happens after a 1-4 min freeze

- The first 30ish seconds after either cold boot post battery pull or after auto crash reboot, I can toggle WiFi on and off about 4-5 times, after which it crashes.

- After either cold boot post battery pull or after auto crash reboot and then waiting a an hour (with no WiFi toggling), I can toggle WiFi off and on once. If I try to toggle off and then toggle on again, it crashes.

- No system settings have been changed since install, only apps installed and used.

I know that most of this has probably already been reported but there's my experience - this is just to try and help the devs.

Edited by intensedarkness

Guest Frankish

Tried a clean install no apps and no restore from Google account. Still get the freeze on wifi. Then phone freezes booting up after battery pull. Wipe cache phone still freezes on boot anim. Wipe cache and dalvik phone optimises apps then freezes on starting applications. Wipe data and rom boots.

This is the achilles heel for this rom currently. I feel for daz all the time and effort and still this seemingly random bug.

Guest Colossae3.23

Tried a clean install no apps and no restore from Google account. Still get the freeze on wifi. Then phone freezes booting up after battery pull. Wipe cache phone still freezes on boot anim. Wipe cache and dalvik phone optimises apps then freezes on starting applications. Wipe data and rom boots.

This is the achilles heel for this rom currently. I feel for daz all the time and effort and still this seemingly random bug.

try rebooting with your wifi hub/router turned off. It seems to me that it only freezes when there is connection to be made. Can't confirm that 100%, but that's what seemed to be happening to me last night.

EDIT: in other words after a freeze, I went into a room that was too far from the hub to get signal, and it fired right up.

And yeah, I feel for Daz and the other lads too. Must be frustrating to have such a sweet rom, so close to being right. And then on top of that, loads of people making complaints about the obvious...

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest Ludak021

Thanks for this, if I switch on/off my WIFI the phone freezes for a long period of time, but that is a known fault so hey ho, I just leave the WIFI on now.

Other than the iPlayer issue (which is not a biggie for me) this is all smooth and a nice improvement to the phone.

ETA: I am loosing all my contacts on every reboot - any ideas??

They are getting moved to your google account storage on phone. I have this issue with EVERY b944 rom, unfortunately I have it with this ROM as well. You'll just have to get used to google acc for contacts (with or without sync, doesn;t matter)

Guest Hoggonator

I sorted it out. I wiped all and reflashed, then I installed all my apps from the market then I restored only contacts from HI suite, then I exported the contacts to the SD card then reimported them and they have not gone once and I have tried a few hard resets and reboots.

WIFI issue also gone as long as you do not sit there going on, off, on, off, on, off etc - if I leave 30 seconds in-between no freeze up.

Good ROM this now and will be my daily until an update.

Edited by Hoggonator

Only issue I have had is the flash for the camera does not work.

Works fine here on both Camera Zoom and the standard cam app.

Edited by Cyda

Guest edwardecl

Hi mate, did you reboot cwm, or the phone before the install?

I had no choice all three times I tried, if you wipe the partitions then install without rebooting clockwork it just almost instantly says it's finished copying... I ain't that stupid :).The only difference that I may have done this time is initally the first 2 times I attempted to install it without rebooting clockwork then tried again after a reboot...The this time I wiped partitions then rebooted without attempting a fail install. I have no idea if that makes a difference. But like I said it booted completely fine the first boot just would not boot a second time so... just strange.All fixed now I can reboot 6 times and boots every time. Unless I was just unlucky in some specific way two times in a row...

Major wi-fi problem on my phone.

When activating wi-fi does cause it to freeze (doesn't happen every time), after pulling the battery the phone also freezes during the CyanogenMod boot screen. Clearing the cache and dalvik cache allows it to get as far as the 'optimizing apps' screen before freezing again.

Re-installed the ROM 4 times now and it eventually happened every time - twice before installing any user apps, and twice after installing user apps via Titanium Back-up.

When i open Opera Mini, i press home key, open another app, multitasking and Opera mini again i get force close. Someone has the same problem? Maybe can be the last update of Opera Mini?

Guest dalesgateway

First of all great ROM. Plaudits to Daz and associates.

Having the same WiFi problem that many people are. After reading Colossae's post about turning my router off I can confirm that in my case I can turn WiFi on and off without problems.

Taking this further if I delete my home network from the phone I can also turn WiFi on and off as often as I like.

In my case at least the crash only occurs when there is a network for the phone to connect to.

Not sure if this is significant or if it helps, but for those with the problem you can overcome the crash by deleting your network and reconnecting each time. Of course you need to remember your network password.

Thanks again for a great ROM.

C.

PS - If you are going to do this to prevent crashes you need to get your phone to "forget" your network before you turn WiFi off.

Edited by dalesgateway

Guest pepdavies

Thanks for this rom Daz and co. I love it so far. I've had the Wifi freeze too but away from any Wifi I connect to. I toggle airplane mode at work to get text messages when the signal is bad. I guess the availability of Wifi is enough to cause a problem

Guest dalesgateway

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant I'm about as far from a phone developer as it is possible to be.

It seems to work without crashing if I re-enter the access key for the WiFi network each time. Does that make a difference to the way the module you mentioned is initiated?

C.

Hello there.I installed according to instructions.Of S3 and then from B937/several times/.Both have baseband version 2030. After installing CM9 data do not , can not see sim card and setting the baseband unknown.What to do?Excuse my English/google translator/

Guest Hoggonator

Just to confirm if I turn up WIFI on and off quickly it is freezes, if I leave 30 seconds or more between doing it there us no problem - not sure if this helps anyone

Issues:

• Some 3rd party camera apps may show unexpected behaviour - Instagram does not work

well instagram works if you're not using the instagram advanced camera, so just go into the settings>camera settings

and untick the option and it should work.

Enjoy