[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest unaszplodrmann

what is reliable benchmark then?!

Quadrant seems OK, at least the results can be replicated, unlike Antutu.

Pray tell me how did you manage to use SDTools to test system internal memory speed since the app has neither root permission nor enough space in system to actually test these speeds? Best I managed to do is test 2GB internal storage. It seems to me that SDTools is using ONE large (190mb?!) chunk to read/write and measure speed. If that is reliable I am Santa Claus. :P

I pointed it at /mnt/emmc. I didn't claim to test any other mountpoint. Yes, it appears to perform a simple sequential read/write and output it's throughput... And the result is replicable.

All I know is that If Navigon takes a minute to load from phone memory and after clearing it from memory and cache and moving it to SD it takes 12-15 seconds, that is reliable enough to me no matter what any tool may say. We all know it's one thing to read/write small files and large files, speed may differ up to 1000% between r/w of 4kb file and a 1gb single file, maybe even more.

The initial figures you gave appeared as if plucked out of the air, without indication of whether you were refering to read or write speeds. Any claim that the internal eMMC performs terrribly compared to an SD, based on the scant evidence you proffered, is obviously tenuous. Sure, an SD might perform better under some read/write patterns - fair enough - I concede that. But when a simple, replicable, bulk throughput test indicates that the internal storage actually performs favourably compared to an SD card, you must surely question the assumption that the internal memory is just plain slow.

Guest Ludak021

Quadrant seems OK, at least the results can be replicated, unlike Antutu.

I pointed it at /mnt/emmc. I didn't claim to test any other mountpoint. Yes, it appears to perform a simple sequential read/write and output it's throughput... And the result is replicable.

thats your internal sd card dude ;) lol it is not system storage. Yes, I get 9kb/s write and 30kb/s read from there, but that is single large file program is measuring. We want smallllll fileees. ;) Trust me, your sd class 10 is much faster with small files then some chineese whopti dopti doo internal memory.

edit: anyhow: the point is: having an option to mount SD card as system storage would be amazing! I have seen some (most if I take into account that I was looking at htc devices) CM roms with these options and it is great. Most ZTE blade users wouldn't be so happy with their phones if there wasnt a switch that turned sd card into internal memeory or a mod that linked sd card to internal memory since zte blade is really low with memory for apps and roms.

Anyway, why bash me? CM devs implment OPTIONS that users can make and add sd cards to internal or swap those, all on their own risk. If your sd card is slower - dont do it. :)

Edited by Ludak021

Guest darthmaul88

Just want to say that I'm on CM9 R3 and despite some minor issues (that have been previously mentioned here) I'm very happy with it.

Thank you Daz and all other contributors.

edit: anyhow: the point is: having an option to mount SD card as system storage would be amazing!

Apologies if this is a dumb comment but ... I thought that this is effectively what the likes of link2sd did...?

Just tried CM9 for the first time (was on Infusion before) and its great! Two questions though (sorry if they've been asked before but I couldn't find the answers)...

1 - Is there a flashable zip of the Go Backup app that Infusion uses so I can install before booting?

2 - Is there a circle battery mod zip for CM9? I'm sure I read about one somewhere but can't find the zip for it.

Thanks everyone!

2 - Is there a circle battery mod zip for CM9? I'm sure I read about one somewhere but can't find the zip for it.

Thanks everyone!

You can use Cobalt Theme from google play

Guest unaszplodrmann

thats your internal sd card dude ;) lol it is not system storage.

Lets be clear; the "internal sd card" you're talking about is the 4GB eMMC NAND flash hardmounted to the PCB. This consists of one block device, therefore /system, /data and /mnt/emmc are located on the same block device, and it is where I assume you're running your nav app from (the source of your experience). Is this block device actually two physical devices presented to the system as a single unit? I doubt it, but please correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes, I get 9kb/s write and 30kb/s read from there, but that is single large file program is measuring.

Yeah, and that suggests that the internal flash isn't terribad. I can also state anecdotally that the mapping app I use loads tiles faster from the internal storage.

We want smallllll fileees. ;)

I already conceded that you may well have a point.

Trust me, your sd class 10 is much faster with small files then some chineese whopti dopti doo internal memory.

And trust me, that eMMC flash was probably designed in Japan and my Samsung SD might have come from a Chinese factory.

Anyway, why bash me?

I didn't, I bashed Antutu :P

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Confirming caller ID lag on incoming calls.. It won't occasionaly show the name and picture until it's answered or rejected. With other minor issues and bugs I can live with. Great work Daz! It's almost perfect rom for this phone. Thanks!

Guest Huaweian

For some reason, it takes time for my home screen to load after I'm on an app for a few minutes. Any help?

I am using stock launcher as in trebuchet.

Yeah I tried Apex Launcehr and ticked keep in memory but still the system seems to do something that makes the home screen take a long time to load. It works fine in the mornings though for some reason.

Guest andyjbee

How long does it hang on the Huawei splash when updating to R3?

Mines hanging for more than 10 minutes, which I'm thinking is too long, so I've pulled the battery and gone into CWM to recover to R2.

Should I be a bit more patient?!?

Edited by andyjbee

Guest Huaweian

Yeah I tried Apex Launcehr and ticked keep in memory but still the system seems to do something that makes the home screen take a long time to load. It works fine in the mornings though for some reason.

When I went to Running apps, I saw that I had 0 bytes of free RAM. Perhaps this is what is causing the problem?

The phone also seemed to lag a lot.

I did accidentally unzip this sense multi task file http://bit.ly/Qv8Otg although I resotred my backup as it stopped it from functioning.

Any help?

Edited by Huaweian

I read in an earlier post that the FM radio wont be implemented on CM9/CM10. Is it because its a low priority app for the CM9 developers or is it that it only works on Stock ROMs.? If its that it only works on stock ROMs then I'm just curious (and ignorant) as to why it cant be ported across?

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

I read in an earlier post that the FM radio wont be implemented on CM9/CM10. Is it because its a low priority app for the CM9 developers or is it that it only works on Stock ROMs.? If its that it only works on stock ROMs then I'm just curious (and ignorant) as to why it cant be ported across?

Cyanogenmod never supported FM radio natively because of different implementations on almost all platforms if I understood well. If you need FM radio, just use stock ROM or play with CM9 and device sources when it comes out.

Guest bladebuddy
Just out of curiosity, when CM10 is released will I be able to update to that OTA from this without wiping or will that require a complete reset? Thanks.

Almost certainly a full wipe as CM9 is ICS based and CM10 is jelly bean so as its across platforms I would personally recommended a full wipe unless Dazz says something different.

Guest nsmacd1

With this ROM I can only see 5 out of approx 15 SD card folders in Windows explorer (even though they are all fine on the phone) - Any ideas on how all files and folders can be viewed?

(I have 'Show hidden files & folders enabled in windows explorer')

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest Dazzozo

Just out of curiosity, when CM10 is released will I be able to update to that OTA from this without wiping or will that require a complete reset? Thanks.

You will just be able to upgrade. You might want to flash CM10 Google apps on top, though.