[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Well, since it's pretty clear that the OS itself is incomplete, it's probably not very useful for you as a daily. I'm only doing this as an experiment, and to prepare if it does become a viable OS.

I thought "well, what's the most different OS I can build for the G300?" It's a test of portability.

The port itself is hilariously actually better than CM. It even shows mobile network name which is something I'm gonna investigate straight after because this crap should work in CM. :P

Well, since it's pretty clear that the OS itself is incomplete, it's probably not very useful for you as a daily. I'm only doing this as an experiment, and to prepare if it does become a viable OS.

I thought "well, what's the most different OS I can build for the G300?" It's a test of portability.

The port itself is hilariously actually better than CM. It even shows mobile network name which is something I'm gonna investigate straight after because this crap should work in CM. :P

hows it better,is it stable for everyday use and when arr you gona release it for us to try?

Guest blademaster123

oh yeah daz, im on cyda stock + and about to revert back after testing it can i stick the 2d home launcher apk on my sd card and then install it on cm9 (i like the speed and theme of it)

Guest Dazzozo

oh yeah daz, im on cyda stock + and about to revert back after testing it can i stick the 2d home launcher apk on my sd card and then install it on cm9 (i like the speed and theme of it)

I've not tried but there's no reason why not.

Guest Ludak021

It even shows mobile network name which is something I'm gonna investigate straight after because this crap should work in CM. :P

I do have mobile network name showing in your CM9 port...

Guest thebuell

:wacko: What is /dev/null ???

Unix equivalent to the rubbish bin. Having got an Unix background I can have a bit of a chuckle about it. :)

Edited by thebuell

Guest doveman

I installed R5 yesterday. Everithing works exelent. No fc's, no restarts. But I have just one problem. Incall sound is not good. Somethimes is hard to uderstand what other person is talking. I flashed it over Infusion with all wipes, before and after. Can anybody please help me whit this? :)

I've only made one call so far and that was to topup on the speakerphone and I found it kept fading out intermittently, so it was hard to hear what was being said. I'll have to check how it is on a normal call without speakerphone.

Guest Ludak021

No, you have what you *think* is the mobile network name. :P I'm referring to SPNs.

pray tell, where should I 'not see' SPN then? :) when I pull notification bar down, there is the name of my service provider on the bottom. I thought that was SPN but it seems I am wrong (but the name is there and it is correct)

Guest doveman

just installed this google now port for CM9 ( http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1835199 ) however the voice recognition isnt that great, is this like an accent thing or is it just poor on the hardware/software?

I thought it already had Google Now installed. What's that bar at the top that says Google and has the Mic symbol that opens the Speak Now box then?

Guest doveman

pray tell, where should I 'not see' SPN then? :) when I pull notification bar down, there is the name of my service provider on the bottom. I thought that was SPN but it seems I am wrong (but the name is there and it is correct)

Yeah, mine says Tesco :blush:

EDIT: By the way, after installing I noticed it had the phone number as 07235-something whereas mine is 07985. I managed to change it now but I thought it was a bit weird.

Edited by doveman

Guest doveman

I seem to have a lot of trouble with Weather widgets. I've currently got News and Weather on my Home screen and that was working earlier but now just says Loading. Accuweather app is just showing a blank screen as well but wetter app is working. UK weather app just caused my phone to reboot after showing me a tip about widgets but that's always been very slow to open anyway so I'll probably delete that.

EDIT: After rebooting News and Weather widget still couldn't connect so I've switched to Accuweather now which seems to be OK.

I also got an error from Orbot starting transparent proxying. I'm using it in Select Apps mode rather than Tor Everything but News and Weather was selected so that probably explains that. Even though Orbot shows that I'm connected to the Tor network, Orweb shows that I'm not going through Tor. If I toggle Orbot off and On I get the same error again but then Orweb shows I'm going through Tor. News and Weather is working again now as well.

Also, how do I install Holo Launcher HD as system app, because at the moment I can't add Widgets from the Widgets tab, only by long press on desktop? If that's the only limitation it's probably not worth worrying about but are there any others?

Edited by doveman

Guest joandrade

I thought it already had Google Now installed. What's that bar at the top that says Google and has the Mic symbol that opens the Speak Now box then?

CM9 (Or ICS) comes with Google Voice Search built-in. Not Google Now.

Google Now is more of a personal assistant, it's more like Siri.

Guest doveman

CM9 (Or ICS) comes with Google Voice Search built-in. Not Google Now.

Google Now is more of a personal assistant, it's more like Siri.

Ah thanks. I'll go and install that now then :)

Where is real problem with FM radio on CM9? If kernel sources, patches and drivers are available and we can simply copy FMradio.apk to CM9, is it realy so hard work? Not enought time to do it? FM works same way with CM7 on Blade.

And sure, we realy use it.

Guest andy/newbie

I installed R5 yesterday. Everithing works exelent. No fc's, no restarts. But I have just one problem. Incall sound is not good. Somethimes is hard to uderstand what other person is talking. I flashed it over Infusion with all wipes, before and after. Can anybody please help me whit this? :)

i get the same really distorted sound in phone calls other than that grate job of cm

Where is real problem with FM radio on CM9? If kernel sources, patches and drivers are available and we can simply copy FMradio.apk to CM9, is it realy so hard work? Not enought time to do it? FM works same way with CM7 on Blade.

And sure, we realy use it.

good stuff! Waiting for your new build. ETA?