[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Uao my first Cyano ! Great ROM, fast and smooth. Thx Daz ! :D

One issue with SIM Card and telephone contacts that not working. Only Gmail contacts works (backup with Huawei All Backup)

Only some micro lag with messagges and telephone apps when i scroll through lists.

You have to be careful with Huawei allbackup, it is possible to replace important system files and break everything by 'restoring' the wrong thing.

I'd be tempted to do a fresh install with full wipes and see how it performs before restoring anything.

Guest RuiReis

I'd be tempted to do a fresh install with full wipes and see how it performs before restoring anything.

With full wipes you mean..

wipe data..., wipe cache..., advanced -> wipe dalvik...,Mount and Storage -> Format / System

Like the install instructions on the previous versions on infusion?

I will try that too...i only have the wifi crash issue... and one freeze today when received a call.(i think the cause was the overclock/ governor used -> 245-1152MHz, interactivex)

Edited by RuiReis

Guest edwardecl

OK i just tried to install this again... this time I wiped all my partitions twice and rebooted. then installed both zips...

I then booted up then powered off without setting anything up... and it works perfectly...

even if I turn wifi and everything else on it just works... no crashes at all

I have no idea what was causing the boot crash before :-/...

Edited by edwardecl

Guest Rattonboy

Could you try to enable wifi while the device is connected to a pc via microusb cable or to a charger?

just turned on wifi when it was charging and no wifi crash :-)

Guest krishang3

So daz this means I can port my rom with peace lol? As I had mentioned you will get the credit needed :) great work you guys are very rare to find... keep it up..

HY Dazz! I have a problem.... I installed CM9 yesterday and since then , when i try ro connect my phone to the PC i can't open it as a folder. It opesn only with MTP Player Media and i can't copy any of my files to the SD card. What can I do to fix this. Hope you can help me. THX

Guest Colossae3.23

OK i just tried to install this again... this time I wiped all my partitions twice and rebooted.

Hi mate, did you reboot cwm, or the phone before the install?

Guest TangerineTractor

Just a quick note about wifi...

I was trying CM9 yesterday, but decided to switch back to Stock+, because I would badly miss FM Radio and iPlayer...

Anyhow, on switching back to Stock+, all worked fine and then suddenly wifi failed... I rewiped, same thing. Then I sussed that the Go Backup I was restoring was updating some network settings that were causing the wifi to fail. I know this is the reverse direction, but if you're wiping and installing CM9, just try it without restoring any backups from any backup utility if you can, or at least restoring apps only, not any system settings or stuff.

It might be worth going into your wifi settings and forgetting all previously connected networks before reflashing too, as the google restore restores wireless settings.

Like I said, might be complete bull, but worth a try?

Guest dan nedan

no wifi issues at all for me.

i think a good explanation for this could be that i dont use a router.

I only use my laptop as wifi source (through connectify).

it is just a saying, maybe it will help.

Guest Dazzozo
HY Dazz! I have a problem.... I installed CM9 yesterday and since then , when i try ro connect my phone to the PC i can't open it as a folder. It opesn only with MTP Player Media and i can't copy any of my files to the SD card. What can I do to fix this. Hope you can help me. THX

Switch out of MTP mode?

Hi Dazz,

We did everything we could do to stop blocking .... but in vain. When you turn the wi-fi is blocking / restart ...

I mention that I reinstalled for about 6 times exactly as stated on this forum ...

Sorry for my English

Thanks in advance

PS - Net I mention that the router

Edited by linc73

Guest Colossae3.23

You have to be careful with Huawei allbackup, it is possible to replace important system files and break everything by 'restoring' the wrong thing.

thanks for this, I was under the impression that allbackup didn't install system apps, even if you tried to restore them (but I guess that doesn't mean: system settings?)

Guest Hoggonator

Thanks for this, if I switch on/off my WIFI the phone freezes for a long period of time, but that is a known fault so hey ho, I just leave the WIFI on now.

Other than the iPlayer issue (which is not a biggie for me) this is all smooth and a nice improvement to the phone.

ETA: I am loosing all my contacts on every reboot - any ideas??

Edited by Hoggonator

Guest wouterbeer

Hi, after two days of use I can see CM9 works fine for me. I had the wifi freeze only twice though, of which one the first time after installing the ROM and the other just now. Then I also facethis:

-Green Power app is not working (it should switch on/off wifi at intervals to save battery). Might this be related to the wifi problems? Or is it somehow overruled by CM9?

-Apps are still installed internal. Even when setting location to sd card. For example; just installed Opera Mini browser and had to move it with link2sd afterwards.

Guest Dazzozo

didnt find any working radio fm apk working so far

CM hardly ever supports FM radio. If it ever does it's usually super easy to implement and usually an afterthought. Radio is painful.

Guest wouterbeer

[...]

-Apps are still installed internal. Even when setting location to sd card. For example; just installed Opera Mini browser and had to move it with link2sd afterwards.

Update: Changed settings in link2sd to (force?) install on external; this seems to work for me.

Guest hippy dave

Settings, storage, press menu button, usb computer connection, mass storage