[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Daz, I just wanted to tell you that r3 is working great, and it's even smoother than before. Oh, and it definitely isn't a placebo :D

BTW is there any way of adding 2 way call recording like in infusion. That's the one thing I miss about it. I have tried market apps, but they record through the microphone :(

Guest Davidoff59

Yaqh, I was trying to explain the reasoning why 3G uses more power. I don't really understand what you want out of a rom.

The stock rom has plenty of bloat and is built around average performance and average battery life for an average user. Stock Ics is 300mb+ and CM9 is under 200mb and is built for streamlining and performance. It going to be impossible to get performance and long battery life so you really need to decide which you want, an average stock user experience with decent battery life or a faster user experience with lower battery life. I have no issues getting through a day with CM9 and I use it for all my internet browsing.

3G uses more power yes but I don't think its a bug. If you look at battery stats, its your screen that uses the majority of the battery life. Its part and parcel of what you bought into, which is a 4 inch power sucking display with a 1650 ma battery.

Guest kaplanvr

I just upgraded to R3 and now my phone has been stuck on the Huawei screen for a while. I tried taking out the battery but the same thing is happening. Anything I can do?

Yaqh, I was trying to explain the reasoning why 3G uses more power. I don't really understand what you want out of a rom.

The stock rom has plenty of bloat and is built around average performance and average battery life for an average user. Stock Ics is 300mb+ and CM9 is under 200mb and is built for streamlining and performance. It going to be impossible to get performance and long battery life so you really need to decide which you want, an average stock user experience with decent battery life or a faster user experience with lower battery life. I have no issues getting through a day with CM9 and I use it for all my internet browsing.

3G uses more power yes but I don't think its a bug. If you look at battery stats, its your screen that uses the majority of the battery life. Its part and parcel of what you bought into, which is a 4 inch power sucking display with a 1650 ma battery.

*cough* 1500 mah *cough*

Guest kaplanvr

I just upgraded to R3 and now my phone has been stuck on the Huawei screen for a while. I tried taking out the battery but the same thing is happening. Anything I can do?

Hi guys - after updating to R3 OTA, my phone started hanging on the Huawei screen. I did a reset through CWM (didn't have a back up) and reinstalled R2 that I already had on my SD card. That managed to get it to work, I was setting everything up again and it seemed to be working fine, but froze when I turned on wifi. I took out the battery and restarted the phone, but this time I got stuck at the Cyanogen loading screen (possibly because wifi is currently toggled as being on). Not sure how to proceed from here. Can i just try installing R3 through CWM? Do I just put it on the SD card and install the zip?

Edited by kaplanvr

Hi guys - after updating to R3 OTA, my phone started hanging on the Huawei screen. I did a reset through CWM (didn't have a back up) and reinstalled R2 that I already had on my SD card. That managed to get it to work, I was setting everything up again and it seemed to be working fine, but froze when I turned on wifi. I took out the battery and restarted the phone, but this time I got stuck at the Cyanogen loading screen (possibly because wifi is currently toggled as being on). Not sure how to proceed from here. Can i just try installing R3 through CWM? Do I just put it on the SD card and install the zip?

Yes, just put R3 on the SD card and install it. Make sure you do all the necessary wipes before you install.

Guest kaplanvr

Yes, just put R3 on the SD card and install it. Make sure you do all the necessary wipes before you install.

Other than resetting user data what other wipes do I need to do? Is this something I should have done with the OTA update in the first place?

Guest petebetros

I dont think so. . I have nearly 7 smart smartphone and never had such problem .

Well they weren't very smart smartphones then.

Do you think it makes sense to stop charging something when it's full and then let it slowly discharge to a certain level brfore switching itself back on?

It is.

And that's why it does.

Guest krishang3

Ohohohhhh *nerdgasm* lol....

This ROM is brilliant doesn't lag for me anymore though now it annoys me with WiFi not working.... its connected but doesn't work I use my other phone in the same spot or works...gave it a reboot and whaallaaa works ...

Previous releases were giving wrong battery readings, R3 fixed this issue.

i have tested all roms and although this is good and daz has done a great job,its just

the mobile data battery drain that lets it down.if you can sort this in next version then i would say complete rom

Guest Huaweian

A bug I noticed from an otherwise perfect rom is that the wifi stops working after the phone is unlocked even though it is On and connected. Please fix this if you can?

Otherwise a fantastic very well made app. Thanks Daz!

Edited by Huaweian

Guest Rattonboy

how quick does mobile data discharge.mine 1%pm

Yaqh have you looked at the battery stats to see what may be using the battery. also terminate apps that run in the background they may be syncing.

Yaqh have you looked at the battery stats to see what may be using the battery. also terminate apps that run in the background they may be syncing.

how do i take screen shot?

Guest Rattonboy

how do i take screen shot?

hold down the power button there will be option reboot,power off etc obviously choose screenshot wait 2 secs then it is done Edited by Rattonboy

How do I withdraw certain application permissions?

E.g. network access

I used to be able to do this on cm 7.2 from the settings, manage apps menu.

Edited by samjam

Guest Rattonboy

here we go.

10 hours steady use, some browsing and calls. the battery level seems ok but i don't actually know how long you have used wifi, calls etc. all i have to say is that in my experience battery level from 100% to 99% drops faster than if it was on 50% - 40%. thats all i can say, don't know what else to say :(